Often, my clients who are recovering from narcissistic abuse tell me that they don't even know who they are anymore - and even if they do, they all think they're too old to start something new.
Still, sometimes life forces you to start over - and that's especially true when you leave a toxic relationship. So lemme ask you....
Do you feel like it's too late to achieve a significant amount of success? Many of the most successful people did start at a young age. It can be disheartening for the late bloomers among us. But many of the most successful people you know didn't get started until much later in life. If you think you missed the boat because you're middle-aged, you couldn't be more wrong. You're wrong even if you're 80. Success often isn't achieved until later in life.
1. Samuel L. Jackson didn't get his first big role until the age of 43. Prior to that he was a struggling actor with little future. Now he's known by people all over the world for his acting. How many movies, TV shows, and video games has he been in since that first big role in Jungle Fever? 140!
2. Sam Walton founded Wal-Mart at the age of 44. He had been successful in the retail environment in his younger years, but nothing out of the ordinary. Wal-Mart went on to become one the biggest companies in the world, and Walton become one of the world's richest.
3. Stan Lee. Known to everyone as the creator of Spiderman and the X-Men, Stan Lee didn't experience success until the age of 39. And his most well-known work didn't occur until several years after that. Who says it's too late to do something incredible with your life?
4. Ronald Reagan never held a political office until the age of 55! He became one of the most popular presidents in modern history.
5. Colonel Sanders didn't invent his famous chicken recipe until he was 50. His famous chain of restaurants is still doing well today. His likeness has been used to market KFC since the very beginning.
6. College students everywhere owe a debt of thanks to Momofuku Ando. At the age of 48, he created those Ramen noodles that poor students rely on for life itself. How many times have you had Ramen noodles in your life?
8. Taikichiro Mori became a real estate investor at the age of 55. He was a professor before that. He was the richest man in the world in 1992 with a net worth $13 billion. He inherited his first building from his father. The rest he accomplished on his own.
9. Grandma Moses started painting at the age of 78. If you have the gumption, you can still make an impact after 70. One of her paintings sold for over a million dollars.
10. Laura Ingalls Wilder didn't publish her first novel until she was 65-years old. She wrote an additional 12 novels after that. A successful television series was built around her series of books. Older children still read her books today.
11. Peter Roget created the first thesaurus when he was 73-years old. He was trained as a medical doctor but had an obsession with words, especially words that had the same meaning. He quit his medical career to focus on the creation of the first thesaurus. The most popular thesaurus in the world still bears his name.
It's never too late to leave your mark on the world! But time is constantly passing, so it's time to start making it happen. Spend the later portion of your life pursuing something you love. There's still time to do something amazing!
Are you bored and feeling kinda ugly and unapproachable lately?
Are you tired of feeling unattractive?
Do you wanna bring out your inner goddess? Do you want to bring your sexy back, or to find it for the first time?
Good news - I'm a total nerd who loves to study the science behind human psychology, including attraction and how it works. That's why I'm always paying attention and asking questions.
Today, I'm sharing something that answers the question every woman wants answered, but few are brave enough to really ask.
And many women have a different idea of what men consider hot. That' why I asked my focus group of about 150 people what they think makes a woman hot.
Just as some similarities in perceptions showed through, there were some very marked differences between men and women on what they think makes a women hot. I'll explain all that for you - and more - in this video.
This morning I was just sitting down to work when I heard my daughter screaming. I ran out of my office and found her and my son standing over our cat who we'd had ten years - she had died.
Now, this was my cat - and my kids can't remember life before her. In fact, she was older than my daughter and younger than my son by two years each way.
But then I was left with a problem - I had gotten a bit behind on work yesterday because sometimes, life goes that way. And today was supposed to have been my day to catch up. Of course, all I wanted to do was sit and cry and mourn my little kitty who had become such a significant part of my family.
I felt so awful since yesterday I'd been dismissive of her. She had practically begged for my attention and I'd been so busy that I just halfway ignored her. And you know where that can take you - right to "regret town," that lonely place where everything hurts and nothing seems to soothe the pain.
So, I'm gonna make this quick. Here's what I did to get through it - and what I've used for a few years now when I feel emotional pain that stops me from living my life.
Quick Emotional Pain Coping Technique: Two Minutes to Self-Soothe Extreme Emotional Pain
What do you do when you can't stop crying? When it hurts so much you just can't function? How do you stop focusing on emotional pain you can't control?
This technique can be used to self-soothe almost any kind of emotional hurt - at least enough to allow you to get back to the business of functioning normally enough to keep going.
I don't know about you, but emotional pain in general can really slow me down. Whether you're involved in a toxic relationship with a narcissist or not, this quick two-minute technique will help you to relieve your emotional pain - and fast.
Narcissistic abuse can lead to its victims becoming paralyzed in life - they stop being able to function like a "normal person," and this is especially true during times of great stress and emotional pain. When you feel the kinds of emotions that make your stomach hurt, your throat tighten and the tears pour, you won't be much good to anyone - especially yourself.
When you're dealing with a narcissist, that pain is generally magnified and extreme - in part, due to the narc's inability to handle the lack of attention and validation that comes along with your pain.
This coping technique has worked for me in the worst of times - and today, I'm demonstrating it for you in this quick video . Watch as my own emotional pain is soothed right between your eyes.