In this video, I'll share with you tips and ideas on how to get through the Thanksgiving Holiday tomorrow. Hint: you're going to be okay - one way or another! Hugs and love!
Ever since the line of toys was released in the 1980s, Transformers have been wildly popular among young children. The toys became so popular that there were multiple animated series, animated films, and most recently, live action films.
It’s no surprise to anyone, then that there are many kids out there who now want to dress up as the Transformers for Halloween, whether it be the newer live action versions or the old animated versions.
Easily the most popular character among the young boys who love Transformers is the protagonist, Optimus Prime. Optimus prime is easily recognizable, being the red and blue Transformer with a uniquely shaped helmet.
You can also see the front of the truck that Optimus Prime transforms into as his chest plate. Optimus Prime outfits come in various levels of detail, ranging from printed on fabric jumpsuits with half masks to 3D full mask highly detailed costumes.
You can also get costumes that look more like the characters from the 1980s, 1990s, and early 2000s cartoon shows instead of the live action movies. The other well-known character in the Transformers franchise is Optimus Prime’s sidekick, Bumblebee.
Bumblebee is a smaller, primarily yellow Transformer who works alongside Optimus Prime and was featured extensively in the live action movies. Much like the Optimus Prime costumes, there are various levels of detail in Bumblebee costumes.
Some of the costumes also have padded muscles, while others are more standard form fitting. Some of the masks available cover the entire face, while others leave large eye and mouth holes, allowing for more comfort.
For the most comfort, you can even get simple hoodies and pants styled after Bumblebee’s design. To complete any good Transformers costume, you’re going to want to add accessories.
For example, you could add the sword and shield that Optimus Prime used in the fourth Transformers movie. Both are molded from plastic, so they’re light enough to carry around and aren’t dangerous.
You could also add Bumblebee’s hand cannon to your Bumblebee costume, which is well padded on the inside for comfort, and slips on over your child’s hand. You can also add gloves that resemble the rest of the Transformer’s design, so you don’t have regular human hands sticking out and contrasting with the mechanical looking costume.
You may or may not know this about me, but Halloween is one of my FAVORITE holidays! It's fun and silly and my kids love it. Every year, my family throws a huge Halloween costume party for all of our friends. This year, I'm doing a special series here on QueenBeeing for the month of October - Halloween costume ideas!
Today, we're starting with Wonder Woman - for what I think are obvious reasons. Let's do this!
Wonder Woman was one of the most popular movies of 2017, having been received very well by both critics and audiences alike. Naturally, many people want to dress up as the iconic comic book heroine for Halloween.
There are many options for costumes for girls - ranging from very modest ones for kids up through more daring ones for adults. There are also different versions of Wonder Woman to dress up as, given that she’s changed her outfit over time.
There are plenty of premade costumes out there, but you can create your own based on your favorite version of Wonder Woman as well. One of the most popular versions of the costume will be the one from the 2017 movie featuring Gal Gadot.
This version of the Wonder Woman outfit is much more sleek and modern, while retaining all of the iconic symbols. One of the most important parts is her tiara. It’s one of her most iconic parts of her outfit, and it’s been on every version of her.
Another important part of her outfit is her metal gauntlets. Next, there’s her dress, which consists of a red corset upper part and a short blue lower part. Finally, there’s her tall, red boots, which come up just below her knees.
There are many different styles to pick from to suit your interests. If you prefer a more modest costume, you can get one with a classic long blue skirt with white stars, reminiscent of the American flag.
You can also get ones more like the original Wonder Woman outfit, with short starred shorts and a corset. For the more comfort minded, you can get a t-shirt that resembles her corset without feeling so restrictive.
You can also get leggings to match instead of wearing a skirt or shorts, if weather and temperature is a concern. Wonder Woman costumes can be found for every age and size, from infants to adults.
Infant outfits are typically onesies with the design of Wonder Woman’s outfit printed on them. There’s also toddler outfits, young teenager outfits, and of course, full grown woman outfits.
In addition to you outfit, you might want to add some accessories to really pull the whole costume together. For example, you might want to bring Wonder Woman’s iconic Lasso, which is usually golden. You can also get replicas of the sword and shield that Wonder Woman wielded in Dawn of Justice and the 2017 film.
What are you getting Dad or Grandpa for Father's Day this year? Every year, Father’s Day rolls around and it’s time to celebrate dads of all kinds – including granddads, expectant dad and stepdads. But it can be really hard to shop for men on this holiday, right?
Between the "guy who has it all" and the dad who is hard to buy for, you might be feeling a little panicked when it comes to choosing the right gift. But don't worry - we've got you covered with this ultimate guide to gift-giving on Father's day 2017!
You want to do something special for the men in your life, but it can be a challenge deciding which gift would be best. And, of course, you have budget considerations, right? So, if you're anything like me, it helps to have a few gift suggestions that will appeal to many different types of men. You’re sure to find something that’s in your price range and make the perfect Father’s Day gift.
You with me? Let's DO this!
From things you can buy and wrap in a flash to homemade items and activities, there’s something for everyone (and every budget!) here. What you have to do is figure out which of these ideas the man in your life would appreciate most!
Father’s Day Gifts You Can Buy
There are many gifts you can purchase to reward a hard working dad. This is the one day of the year when he’s able to be in the spotlight - so hey, let it shine!
Frames are wonderful gifts for storing family photos. Dads especially like photo frames they can take to the office or keep in a treasured space at home. If you purchase a standard frame, make sure to put a family photo inside.
If Dad is into hunting, fishing, or sports, you can look for a themed frame that reflects his favorite hobbies. Digital frames are another great gift – and men who are into gadgets love them. Upload several photos of the kids with Dad before giving this gift.
We usually think of giving flowers on Mother’s Day, but some men like to receive flowers, too. For Father’s Day you can purchase arrangements with a masculine touch such as a bouquet that looks like a boat or a toy car used as a vase.
You can also choose green plants that will last all year.
Make sure you order ahead of time so that your floral arrangement will arrive on time.
You can also purchase a gift card to his favorite restaurant or arrange to bring in his favorite meal that day. Being able to take the day off from cooking after a long week can be a huge relief.
If you prefer to stay home for Father’s Day, you can buy all of the ingredients for his favorite meal and make it for him. He’ll be sure to appreciate your time and efforts to prepare something special.
One great gift idea is to order a special package of Omaha steaks. You can get just the steaks, or add on hot dogs, lobster, and side dishes, too. Or, you could find a company that sends him a monthly gift, like a good coffee or even beer of the month, for example.
If the dad in your household is into grilling, you could opt to give barbecue tools, a new grill, a fun apron, or a selection of great meats for grilling. During the Father’s Day season, these items are readily available.
A gift basket can allow you to give a variety of items all in one special package. Gift baskets can include foods, coffee, beer, wine, gift certificates, and anything else that the man in your life might like.
· Movie Night
· Grill King
· Beers from Around the World
· Sports - such as Golf, Football, or Basketball
· Favorite Snack Foods
· Gourmet Popcorn
· Gourmet Nuts
You can purchase premade gift baskets or put one together yourself using a creative theme and container. He’ll be sure to enjoy uncovering all the fun items you give him.
Men who enjoy hunting are always happy to get accessories to go with their sport. This is a great time to give a luxury item he might not buy for himself, but he’d love to have on his next hunting or fishing trip.
For example, you can purchase heated insoles that will help keep his feet warm during the cold winter months. He might enjoy new fishing lures, a new knife, or a gift card to his favorite outdoor sporting goods store.
You can check in on his existing gear and see if any of it is worn and torn. Hunters are hard on their equipment and gadgets. If you see something that could be replaced, look for a newer model to upgrade him to!
Men also enjoy getting a new keychain for Father’s Day. There are many different types that you can choose. For example:
· Digital photo keychain that has a photo slideshow
· Keychain that doubles as a bottle opener
· Standard frame keychain with photos of the kids or grandkids
· Dad themed key chains with phrases like “I Love My Dad” or “World’s Greatest Dad”
Keychains can be personalized and engraved to make them even more special. This is a wonderful and inexpensive gift that fits any budget. It’s also useful for organizing important keys.
You can find many novelty T-shirts with phrases about dads and Father’s Day. You can also look for a shirt that he can wear to work or on casual days when he goes out.
While women tend to get jewelry on special holidays, watches are a good choice for men of Father’s Day. There are watches for athletes, casual watches, and dress watches made from precious metals and gemstones.
You can find a watch to meet just about any need or budget. Men can always use another watch to go with their wardrobe. This is a timeless gift (pun absolutely intended!) and your pop will enjoy for years and years.
If he already has a collection of watches, you might consider getting him a nice watch case that showcases his collection with a glass top and leather sides. These organizers help display the watches so he can grab them quickly and store the ones not in use.
There are many other gifts you can get Dad on Father’s day, including:
Winning Gift Tip: Just listen to what he’s always talking about (sports teams, TV shows, etc.) and try to find a gift that fits his preferences. He’ll love the fact that you’ve picked up on it without him having to put in a request.
While store bought gifts are always an option, there’s nothing more personal than something handmade by you or your child for a special dad. These one of a kind gifts will warm his heart and let you know how much you love him and think about him.
Handprint crafts are a wonderful way to freeze a moment of time. Over the years you can see how much your children have grown by looking at the growth from tiny hands to those of a teen and adult.
You can purchase kits to make and decorate a hand imprint in plaster. This can serve as a lifelong memory of a sweet time in your child’s life. Handprints can also be used to create art that looks like animals or to decorate plates.
Making a simple handprint with paint on paper and framing it makes a wonderful gift as well. Handprints are so special because no two are alike. They serve as a reminder of the unique child celebrating his Dad.
You can also make a scrapbook all about the kids and their dad. Allow them to write special messages, include photos, and have them draw pictures of the times they’ve spent with him. This is a one of a kind gift that he’ll love.
Kids can make coupon books to give for Father’s Day. This can include special coupons for doing extra chores, helping their dad with a special project, making his favorite meal or just spending time together.
This is a very inexpensive idea that can be adapted to fit any family. You can hand write the coupons and put them in a booklet or envelope. Then when he’s ready to redeem one, he can take it out of the book and turn it in.
If you have a man in your life who is about to become a father, you can write a special letter from your unborn baby to him. When writing this letter, think about all of the qualities you think will make him a great dad.
This can be a fun way to let him know he’ll be a father if he doesn’t know yet or to give him a reminder of how much you love him and of the exciting new life changes that are coming.
You might also consider scanning the sonogram pictures and putting them in a digital photo frame so that he can see them ahead of time. The 3D and 4D images that have color are great, too!
Sometimes the best gift you can give your father is spending time together. Consider giving the gift of an outing that you can enjoy with the dad or with the whole family.
Is there a movie that he’s wanted to see? Why not take him to it and provide him with all of the movie treats he could want? After the movie you can go somewhere to spend time talking about it.
Father’s Day happens right around baseball season. This is the perfect time to take him out to the ballgame. You can go to a major league game or if you’re on a tighter budget try a minor league game.
Hopefully you can attend a game on the actual day, but if not you can always place the tickets in his Father’s Day card.
You should also think about other local attractions. Does he like to play golf? Why not buy him a round at his favorite course and plan to play with him that day?
If he’s interested in cars, look for a local car show that you can attend together. When you present him with an outing that matches his interests it shows you really know him and care about him.
Sharing a meal together is a great way to celebrate any holiday. Moms usually get breakfast in bed, but dads like it, too! Make his favorite breakfast foods and treat him to a breakfast he’ll enjoy.
If you have a big family with many dads, you can also consider hosting a Father’s Day Brunch. Invite the extended family over for a brunch featuring egg dishes, ham, biscuits, or even go with a Mexican themed breakfast - including tortillas and salsa.
Ask guest to bring a side dish and present all the dads with a special gift or card. If you’d rather not have to clean your house and prepare a big meal, you’ll find that many restaurants host special Father’s Day brunches.
This is a great way to share a meal while leaving the cooking and cleaning to someone else. If you decide to go to a restaurant, make sure you call ahead. Some restaurants only take reservations on special days.
You should also ask about the menu. On a busy holiday many restaurants will opt for a buffet or a set menu to accommodate the crowd. You don’t want to get turned away at a restaurant when you’re ready to celebrate.
Last Minute Gift Ideas for Mother’s Day: Inexpensive but Thoughtful Gifts You Can Get (Without Leaving the House!)
If you're anything like me, you like to do things at the last minute - and if you're buying a gift for your mom this year, this may be one of those things you sorta...waited to do. That's why I figured I'd throw together this quick list of last-minute gift ideas for Mother's day - these are gifts you can order from home and receive in time for Sunday's Mother's day celebrations! Or, have them shipped if you can't or won't see your mother.
In no particular order, here are some of my favorites!
Sweet Gifts for Mom
- "I Love You!" - A Gift of Love and Poetry For Children - Board Book(Get it here: http://amzn.to/2qOl6XI)
- Of Love and Sea Glass: Inspirational Quotes and Treasured Gifts From the Sea
- For the Mom Who Has Everything: Help Around the House--You've been hearing about how "Alexa" can help around the house - and maybe you've already been using an Amazon Echo. Mom could use one too - even if she's not tech savvy, a few minutes of instruction will give her a whole new world she can tap into with just her voice! Give her the Amazon Echo - Black (or Amazon Echo - White )! For a less expensive option, try Amazon Echo - White.
- Stress Relief! FabQuality Cube 12 Sides Anxiety Attention Toy With Minion Key Chain Gift + eBook Included - Relieves Stress And Anxiety And Relax for Children and Adults BONUS EBOOK is sent by email
- New Version 2017 - Anti Stress Cube Fidget Toys for Adults / Stress and Anxiety Relief Reducer Toys to Focus/ Attention Relieves Stress Toy for Gifts, ADHD, Kids, Children, Autism
- Magnetic Sculpture Desk Toy for Intelligence Development and Stress Relief, Stress Reducer Great for Relieves ADHD Anxiety,Gift for Children and Christmas (Jumping Dolphins)
- TheraFlow Dual Foot Massager Roller (Large) - Relieve Plantar Fasciitis, Heel & Foot Arch Pain - Stress Relief - Detailed Instructions Included - Acupressure/ Reflexology Tool - Perfect Gift
The Gift That Keeps on Giving!
Why not get mom something that will keep giving to her all year long? Try the Find Subscription Boxes Subscription Box App - or just get one of these awesome subscription box services for her!
Does your mom love:
- Something sweet each month? Try the Bocandy - International Candy and Snack Box
- A little romance in her life? Try the Date Night Box: This Creative Date Night for Couples is Ready to Open and Enjoy! Adorable "TO GO" theme is a Date Night to Remember.
- Getting closer to her partner? Maybe you'd rather get her the Date Night Box- Our "Tango Together" is all about communicating in a fun way with your partner. This creative date night for couples is ready to open and enjoy any time of year.
- Hanging out doing crafty stuff with the kids? Get her Green Kid Crafts, Robot Workshop Discovery Box (Bonus points if she's a "crunchy mom!") If her kids are younger (or she's got some awesome preschool grandkids), maybe she'd prefer the Preschooler Educational Activity Kit (Month Of May) Improves Brain Development , Mother's Day, Dinosaurs, Colors, Flowers & Bugs instead?
- To be an entrepreneur? Then she'd love the Beginner's Guide To Starting & Growing A Subscription Box Business: Unbox Your Success Today!! This will teach her how to start her own subscription box business and will make her plenty of money - so hey, that's a gift that will keep on giving!
- Drinking coffee? Then she will most definitely appreciate K-cup Coffee of the Month Club, Pure Kona and Kona Hawaiian K-cups Shipped Monthly for Six Months, Gift for Christmas, Mothers Day, Fathers Day, Birthdays, Corporate Gifts and All Occasions! Of course, if KCups aren't her thing (they aren't mine!) try the Bean Box Gourmet Coffee Sampler - 3-Month Gift Subscription - (fresh roasted coffee gift box, specialty whole bean, 4 roasts every month) instead! Of course, if she's a coffee purist who prefers to grind her own beans (like me!) - here's your best bet: Bean Box Whole Bean Coffee with Personalized Note, All Roasted, 6 Month Subscription If mom would rather not make her own coffee (or if she's on a budget and needs a little luxury in her life) - get her a Starbucks Gift Card for $25.
- Feeling beautiful? Try the Leny Box May Subscription Box!
- Fresh flowers? Get her the Flowers of the Month Subscription -3 Months - after all, why just give one bouquet when you can give three!
Still not sure? Why not just get her a good old Amazon eGift Card? That'll ensure that she can get whatever she wants or needs! If she loves it, you can always get her a Amazon.com Gift Card Balance Reload next year. Feel too impersonal? Get her the Amazon.com Gift Card in a Floral Box for Mother's Day (Classic White Card Design)
If she isn't sure what to get with her gift card, maybe she wants to try some of these before she buys. So remind her she can also:
- Try Amazon Music Unlimited 30-Day Free Trial - Music is excellent for changing your vibes when you're feeling down and need a quick pick-me-up - or when you're dealing with social anxiety that makes you feel crippled. Music has also been proven to be effective in assisting us with depression and anxiety.
- Join Amazon Kindle Unlimited 30-Day Free Trial - (AND - Here's a way you can read my books for FREE! Sign up for this free Kindle trial and download all of my books in ebook form. Find my books at http://booksangiewrote.com. And don't worry - anyone can get the Kindle app free on any device! Amazon.com - Read eBooks using the FREE Kindle Reading App on Most Devices)
- Try Audible and Get Two Free Audiobooks - for those who prefer to listen to their books, here's a free Amazon audible trial! Try it out and see what you think.
Your turn: What are you getting YOUR mom for mother's day? Tell me in the comments!
Well, that was fun! Now it's time to take down the tree, the lights and all the decor.