“Women marry men hoping they will change. Men marry women hoping they will not. So each is inevitably disappointed.” ~Albert Einstein
Men, we love you. We really do. But seriously, you’re not the only ones who have a few complaints about the opposite sex. In response to the recent AskMen.com article entitled Top 10: Annoying Things Women Do, I present to you the top 12 most annoying things men do. I tried to stick with 10, but I ended up with this dirty dozen instead.
I want to hear what you think, too! If you have thoughts on this or items you think should be added, I’d love it. Leave me a comment, below, with your thoughts. I promise to respond personally.
Now, on with the show!
Top 12 Most Annoying Things Men Do in Relationships (According to Women)
1. Refuse to Commit to Stuff (to Anything, Ever)
Whether you’re on a first date or you’ve been married 25 years, men seem to have issues with commitment. We all know how some guys refuse to commit to even being in a relationship, but even those who do sometimes can’t commit to the most basic things. Example: often times I try to get my husband to commit to a particular activity at a particular time, but he prefers to keep his options open. Like when I ask him to watch an episode of Breaking Bad with me after dinner (yeah, we’re re-watching it because we loved it that much) and he says he’s not sure – maybe he’d rather play a video game. Grr.
2. Have Double Standards (But Pretend They Don’t)
You know what I’m talking about. They will insist on some rule in the relationship or home (don’t date other dudes, don’t eat in the living room, etc.), but they will break it and expect you to be totally fine with that.
Like they expect you to listen to their stories from top to bottom (and to be prepared for a pop quiz at the end), but they can’t offer the same courtesy. Sure, they’ll fake it a little while you’re dating, but once they’ve got you (i.e. you’re married or in a long-term relationship), you’ll see very quickly that they forget how to listen.
It’s not their fault, exactly, it’s kind of how they’re wired. Best practices to be heard, women: say only as much as you have to say and skip specific details unless he asks.
3. Think It’s That Time of the Month (Anytime We Get Emotional)
Okay, here’s the deal. Women, like men, are hormonally charged at different levels throughout the month. And women are, by nature, more emotional than men (in general—but there are plenty of examples of the opposite on both sides).
But to assume that she’s on her period every time a woman gets pissed, upset or otherwise unpleasant is just asking for a beatdown. Proverbially, most of the time, but still. Stop that.
4. Talk to the Boobs (Even When the Face is Listening)
This one is annoying, but it can also be amusing if you want to look at it that way. See, men are biologically programmed to be interested in and to “check out” woman’s reproductive potential, whether or not they actually intend to act on the findings. Generally, they don’t (especially when they’re happily married) but they still can’t stop themselves from talking to your boobs (which are, obviously, one of the most prominent signs that you are a fertile female). It’s funny, right?
But men, next time you’re talking to a woman, know that we watch your eyes and we expect a little eye contact. Save the globe-gazing for sneak glances when we look away, okay?
5. Fart, Burp, Spit, Etc. (Sometimes in Public)
We know that everybody farts and burps, but we don’t want to smell it or hear it or think about it—and especially not in public.
And, seriously, snot rockets are never okay, buddy, so just stop. Would you like it if we girls walked around all day spitting and blowing various bodily fluids and gasses from all of our orifices?
How would you like it if we crop dusted you at the office? You'd be grossed out too. Stop it, man, just stop it.
6. Adjusting Your Junk (Again, Sometimes in Public)
I don’t know how you guys walk around with all that external genitalia, but I feel for you. Still, that doesn’t give you permission to openly reach in and jangle around your business while we’re in public . I promise they won’t go anywhere.
Speaking of junk, the same goes for scratching it when people are looking. Be discreet, for crap’s sake. Imagine if women walked around digging in their treasure troves. (Okay, stop imagining that – I forgot you guys’ minds spend a lot of time in the gutter!)
7. Selectively Listen (And Only Hear Food, Sex and “Me”)
We might tell you that we need you to take out the trash and walk the dog, but all you heard was “I’m going out for a couple hours so it’s time for you to veg out in front of the PlayStation and play your new hockey game.”
Is this because you don’t want to do it? Because you aren’t interested in what we have to say? Women are definitely more detailed and expressive in their conversations than men, but you can’t listen at all?
A tip for my fellow ladies: men are significantly more likely to listen to anything you have to say if you can associate it with food, sex or anything that is directly related to them and their interests. So next time you need him to get something done, maybe you can throw some zingers in there. Wink wink!
8. Become Huge Babies When They’re Sick (And Sometimes Otherwise)
I don’t know many men who aren’t giant babies when they’re sick. It’s just part of who they are, I think, and maybe it’s most often men whose mommies took extra special care of them when they were sick as kids.
Here’s the deal, boys. We don’t mind taking care of you when you’re sick, but this whole “poor me” whiny baby thing? SOOOO not attractive. Quit it. Just be sweet to us, thank us for all we do for you. And then shut your mouth, close your eyes and take a damn nap while we go do something else. We are busy!
9. Eye-Screw Other People (Even When They Don’t Mean It)
So listen up, men. Women think too much, care too much and often try too hard to be perfect. Maybe that’s part of why we are well-aware that you look at other women. We also know that it’s part of your human maleness and that you can’t help it. But our defensiveness of you and our relationship when it comes to other women is part of our human femaleness—it’s built into our DNA.
Before you get your hopes up and think we’ve evolved too much, know that women aren’t ever going to be totally fine with you ogling or being into other women. But good news: there are some things that you could do to take the sting out of it.
For example, don’t let us see it, and if we catch you, do or say something to make us feel more secure. (Hold our hand, put your arm around us—tell us how much prettier we are. Whatever—just read the room!)
10. Send Dick Pics
Even though most married guys don’t send unsolicited dick pics, some of them do. And plenty of idiot single guys do. As a married woman, I have received a surprising amount of dick pics from near-strangers. And I’m married and nearly 40. I cannot imagine what my single counterparts are going through.
Men—don’t send us a picture of your penis or any other naked body part unless we ask you to do so. And if you really feel motivated to send one but we haven’t asked? Please ask first. PLEASE.
We aren’t as visually stimulated as you are, and honestly, some women even find penises unattractive. (SOME women.)
11. Sticking Us in Those "Girl" Boxes (Because We’re Pretty, Sexy or Otherwise Appealing to You)
Dude, just because I’m a blonde and I like to dress it up doesn’t mean I am stupid or less than you. I can't believe I have to keep saying this - it's 2015 for crap's sake. But let me remind you one more time: we do not fit into neat little stereotyped boxes. We're like onions, but less stinky.
Just because your girlfriend or wife embraces her femininity doesn’t mean she’s not smart. Or, if she’s a mechanic and comes home dirty every day? She can still be sexy and femininine.
Just because a woman is a stay-at-home or work-at-home mom doesn't mean she sits around and eats bon-bons all day. I'd like to see you try do do what they do all day and still have time to take a leisurely poop. Just kidding. Well, sorta.
My point? Just stop putting us in those boxes, guys. We are just as multifaceted as you, if not more so. Give us credit where it's due.
12. Never Notice Anything (Literally)
It doesn’t matter if we’ve painted our living room or completely changed our hair, if men not in the right frame of mind, they just won’t notice. This is again part of their human maleness, but it still makes us feel crazy.
Ladies, try pointing out the things they need to notice. Yeah, it might be annoying, but at least you’ll get a little validation out of the deal. And men? Don’t forget to notice stuff, okay?
Well, there’s my 12 most annoying things men do. What would you add to the list of most annoying things men do? Share your thoughts in the comments section below or on our Facebook page.
Did you like this post? Click here to stay up-to-date by signing up for my free newsletter. I promise not to spam you , and I'll never give or sell your email address to anyone.
We love to study the science behind human attraction around here. That's why we're always paying attention and asking questions.
Today, I'm sharing something that answers the question every woman wants answered, but few are afraid to really ask.
And many women have a different idea of what men consider hot.
That is why I asked my focus group of about 150 people what they think makes a woman hot.
Just as some similarities in perceptions showed through, there were some very marked differences between men and women on what they think makes a women hot.
What Men Say Makes a Woman Hot
Christophe: "Everyone has their own list of things that make another person hot (physically attractive), so my answer is that she has my list of things (=hot) plus a sense of humor that complements my own (=super hot!). I'm at a point in my life that if I can't laugh with you, I can't fuck you. Fun is where it's at, and fun in the sack makes the sack even better. The best sex you'll ever have is when you're also laughing your ass off."
Tyler: "What I think makes a woman hot is teasing. A sensual massage with kissing and rubbing by getting close but not touching, just teasing."
Dennis: "I think it's the combination of several things. I am not talking about the obvious standard you see in the media. I know this is going to sound sappy but it is honest. For me, it's the right smile, confidence mixed with a little vulnerability, friendliness, compassion and a light in her eyes. Truly it's unique to each woman. There has to be beauty. Not looks but beauty. My grandmother always told me that good looking is what you are, but beauty is who you are. I liked that then and it still holds true today. Now I may lose my man card for that answer, but it how I feel."
Joe H.: The inside story of her. You have to read the book to understand the person. Cant judge book by its cover.
Joe M.: "As a sapiosexual oriented person, the answer is obvious."
JaVon: "A great sense of humor is hot to me, not just listening but telling a good joke."
What Women Say Makes a Woman Hot
Brittania: "In my opinion, everything can make a woman hot. The way her touch feels and down to the heat of her legs against your own. Just eyeing a woman from a distance can be enough. The curves from her body and the way she moves when she walks."Rita: It's personal power expressed through sexuality that is exuded because the person feels sexy.
Carol: "That she accepts and loves herself."
Ashley: "For me: a woman who is confident, who enjoys life, doesn't get wrapped up in the small things, can take care of herself, who is independent. A woman who knows what she wants and how she's going to get it. To me that is a very hot woman..if she has red hair that's a plus."
Items of Note
When it comes down to it, there's no single woman that everyone on the planet would find perfectly hot.
That's good news, because we are each unique. And being the only you that exists is one of the most beautiful parts of life.
Still, if you want to be the best possible version of your sexy self, there are some basic things you can do to improve yourself that will make for a better life for you and everyone you love.
Find out how to be a hot wife!
“A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” -Mignon McLaughlin
Do you ever worry that your marriage is getting a little stale? Do you wish you could reignite the passion you once shared with your husband? Do you ever find yourself concerned that your husband might find himself interested in other women as a result of this complacence that's developed between you?
There's good news - as long as he's a relatively decent guy (as in, he's not physically or mentally abusing you), you can totally heat up your marriage again - and even put a little extra "affair-proofing" in place, while you're at it.
How to Affair Proof Your Marriage By Giving Your Husband Exactly What He Wants and Needs From You
So, here's the deal. It's hard to be married sometimes, and if you're in for long, you know that it is really easy to forget about the little things. This is especially true when you've got kids or even a really busy career.
Knowing what they need from us is the first step to becoming the hot wives they want (and that we want to be).
Read More: This Will Help to Affair-Proof Your Marriage
We know that men are biologically programmed to be hunters. They identify what they want and they go after it, no matter how difficult the pursuit. Maybe he went through a lot to attract your attention at first, but as time flies by, it seems like he's not making much of an effort.
There's some actual psychology behind it, though - he's not just being a dick. Stick with me, I'll explain.
The Psychology of the Hunter
Successful hunters are winners - they target and win the prey they're after. And men? They're kinda primitive like that.
While today's hubby is more likely to run to the deli for sandwiches before the game than to hunt down a wild boar for sandwich meat, there’s still the primitive need to win.
So, what do men really want and need from their wives, then?
It's simple: to win. That's quite literally what men need from their wives - they need to win.
So, are you just supposed to be a doormat? Do they need to win every argument?
No, not necessarily. Most men don't need to always be right, but they do need to feel like winners.
This is assuming, of course, that he's a relatively healthy guy (mentally) who isn't abusing you mentally or physically. If any of that is happening, you've got a whole other ball of wax going there - you might be married to a narcissist. If that's the case, you might be reading the wrong stuff here - in fact, you might actually be more interested in learning how to take back your life.
But otherwise, let's discuss how to fix what's fixable in an otherwise healthy relationship. Shall we?
How to Make Your Guy Feel Like a Winner
Be Kind If You Must Criticize - and Be Proud Anytime You Can
As a wife, you've got a lot more influence over your man than you realize. For example, if a wife expresses confidence and trust in her husband, he feels like a winner. If she puts him down? He feels like a loser - and it hurts him more than he admits.
He might even say it doesn't matter what she says, but it really does matter to him a lot, believe it or not. If you find that you need to criticize him for some reason, try complimenting him first, if you can.
And rather than bitching and moaning, try praising him when he does something you like - and don't be afraid to go a little overboard at times. Think "you're my hero" kind of stuff - guys eat it up.
Give Him His Personal Space (and Guy Time)
I don't know about you, but I personally like my space, too - and I need my "girl time" every now and again.
When it comes to your hubby, don't forget to give him space. Men often need space - whether it's time alone or "guy time" with his friends.
Early in a relationship, that can make it seem like he's pulling away, but he's just being a guy. Maybe you want to cuddle for hours on a chilly afternoon, but he wants to spend a few hours in smelly overalls out fishing with friends.
It doesn't mean he doesn't love you. It just means he's male - and if you wanted a female, you probably wouldn't have married the guy in the first place, right?
So let him have his time for hobbies, sports or hanging out with the guys. You can bet he'll brag about you to his friends whose wives may not be as smart as you are about what a man needs - and that makes you super, super hot.
Be His (VERY Sexy) BFF
It really ISN'T all about sex - your man also needs for you to be his friend as well as his lover.
He wants to think that he can talk to you about anything without being criticized or judged - and the longer you're together, the easier it is to forget that.
If you built a great friendship before marriage, it REALLY matters to him. The fact is that he really values it - and he definitely doesn’t want to lose your friendship. And the longer you're married, the more important it'll become.
You might have interests in common on which your friendship was based, so never let those things go after the wedding. If not, then maybe you can find a way to create a common interest - find a good NetFlix series to watch or take a class together, maybe.
My husband and I have found a common interest in certain types of cooking, for example, and we're one of those "opposites attract" type couples. So if we can do that, anyone can. .
Understand How Sex Matters to Your Man (And Why You Need to Give It Up on the Regular)
Women think that all men want is sex, and I'd like to tell you it's not true. Sure, it's technically NOT ALL they want, but it's certainly high on their priority list.
For women, sex comes with emotional intimacy - it feels natural to feel physical affection for someone who supports us emotionally. But for dudes, it's a whole other deal - they actually feel more emotionally connected BECAUSE of sex with their wives - and they're likely to pull away on some levels if they're not connecting with you physically on a regular basis.
How to Be a Hot Wife Every Day
Don't forget to get dolled up in the morning. It may seem like it's not a big deal, but it truly makes a difference for you and for him when you put a little effort into looking good, Not only will YOU feel better when you look better, but he's more likely to remember why he married you in the first place - and those hot chicks at his office won't stand a chance if you're rocking the whole hot wife deal.
Learn more about what it takes to be a hot wife - right here.
Listen, you don't have to be a freaking supermodel here - it's not about looking like everyone else. And he doesn't even want that - he just wants to know that you care about his feelings and how he perceives you.
Let me say that again: KNOW that you don't need to look like a goddess every second of every day. How beautiful you are really isn’t the point - believe it or not. The thing that will please your husband the most is that you took the time and made the effort to look good for him - I promise you.
Give It Up and Get It Back
Too often, husbands and wives get into a way of thinking that says, “I’ll give him what he wants after he starts giving me what I want.” And inevitably, this causes serious issues.
I'm not judging anyone, either - I have personally had to notice my own behavior in order to realize how much it can affect a relationship. It feels frustrating when your husband can't seem to "hear" what you're saying to him - but when you can understand why he's behaving that way, you can make concerted efforts to help him get through it and become the guy you married again.
If you don't do that? It's up to you. But you know that it can mean that your relationship comes to a standstill - or worse, a breaking point. If you want to stay happily married, you're going to have to be the "bigger person" sometimes and just give him what he needs from you - and then you'll find that he returns the favor.
So if you're struggling to feel close to your husband, or you just want to affair-proof your marriage, you need to make the effort to give your spouse what he needs and then you’ll find that your needs are being met in return. That's the best way to stay happily married, til death do you part.
Giving the Best Marriage Advice: Now It's Your Turn!
Tell me: What are your best tips for a long and happy marriage? Leave your thoughts in the comments below, or send me an email at angyatkinson at gmail dot com. I can't wait to hear what you think.
"When I get hangry, anything within arms reach could be part of my number 20. Mmm, this is potpourri. Smells good, in my mouth. That’s not food. Hehe don’t tweet this." ~Tina Fey in an American Express commercial
Ever get hangry? That's when you get so hungry that you get kinda pissed. That feels awful, if you ask me.
And I don't know about you, but I am really into being comfortable. And that's why when I lost 100 pounds, I did it without starving, sweating or surgery - but everyone wants to know: how'd I manage to keep the hunger pangs under control?
As we all know, that feeling in the pit of our stomach that makes us feel like we're starving can be pretty lethal to our weight loss efforts.
Let's get real for a minute here: sometimes it’s hard to concentrate on work, family, or anything else because of the cravings. Luckily, there are several ways to alleviate this situation. I have covered a TON of them in Project Blissful, as well as the following:
Anyhoo...you should totally read those - but in the meantime, try these weight loss hacks to control hunger pangs and stick to your diet at the same time:
2. BREAK THE FAST! Get back into the habit of eating breakfast. It’s easier to prevent the pangs than to treat them, so eating breakfast is important.
- Breakfast can help you control blood sugar levels throughout the day and stop hunger pangs from ruining your diet. It’s important to eat a complete breakfast that combines carbohydrates, proteins, and healthy fats into one meal.
3. No "meat," no eat! Eat your protein. Protein can make you feel satisfied after a meal or snack, so you’re less likely to crave other foods.
- You can select food that has protein and still fits your diet. For example, nuts and seeds are a healthy source of protein. Peanut butter and other butters, such as almond butter, also pack a healthy serving of protein.
- A handful of cashews will stave off depression!
- A few dark-chocolate covered almonds and a cup of coffee makes for a nice mid-morning pick-me-up - especially when you follow tip #10 along with it!
4. Slow the freak down! Chew well and eat slowly. If you swallow your food without chewing it enough, then it becomes more difficult to feel full. The rate at which you eat affects your stomach hormones and how you feel.
- A study, titled “Eating slowly increases the postprandial response of the anorexigenic gut hormones, peptide YY and glucagon-like peptide-1,” found that eating slowly was better. The researchers discovered eating too quickly affected the release of stomach hormones related to feeling full. (That's why I've got that 20-minute rule!)
- Researchers recommend eating slowly, so the stomach hormones that make you feel full have a chance to become active.
5. Chew through the "pangs." Chew gum in between meals. Researchers have found that gum can help you avoid temptation and stay on your diet. A study from the University of Rhode Island found that chewing gum encouraged people to eat less during the day. (It's true! But so can brushing your teeth - and you'll get less gas that way - just saying.)
6. Low-Carb is so 2010. Eat potatoes. Potatoes can be a useful tool for fighting hunger pangs. They have a resistant starch that takes longer to digest, so you feel full for a greater length of time. You won’t feel hungry while you’re still trying to digest the potato you had for lunch.
- It’s important to eat healthy preparations of potatoes, so potato chips and French fries shouldn’t be on the menu. Baked or steamed potatoes can help you stay on your diet.
6. Add more grapefruit to your diet! If you like it, these citrus fruits can help you control hunger while providing more vitamin C. Grapefruits can help control blood sugar levels, so you avoid the dangerous spikes that lead to hunger pangs.
- Fresh grapefruits are easy to add to your diet. They can be part of a fruit salad or smoothie for breakfast. They can also be cut into small pieces for a quick snack.
7. Aroma-therapy anyone? Did you know that smelling certain foods without eating them can help you control hunger pangs? Researchers have found that different aromas can be used to feel full.
- A study, titled “Food aroma affects bite size,” revealed that aroma could be used to control hunger. Researchers discovered that people took smaller bites of food with different aromas. They noticed that controlling the scent of the food affected how much people ate.
8. Start adding coconut oil to your coffee or tea in the morning. This stuff has seriously changed my life, people. Not only does it reduce hunger, but it also helps your skin look better and can help you lose weight - especially around your midsection. I can't say enough about the stuff - and you can get a month's supply for under ten bucks.
- Don't forget to count the calories. Coconut oil has around 130 per tablespoon - but they're worth it, trust me.
- If you don't drink coffee or tea, you can add coconut oil to your diet by using it in your cooking .
- Be sure to get the unrefined, organic coconut oil for maximum benefit.
- Remember that a little fat in your diet is necessary, and coconut oil offers one of the best sources of it.
9. Drink a glass of water before you eat - a full 16 ounces. A lot of times when we think we're hungry, we're actually thirsty. So drink some water and wait a few minutes before you eat anything.
- Ice water is best as it will cause your body to heat up and burn a few extra calories, but any water will do.
10. Try my 20 minute rule! Remember that it takes 20 minutes for your brain to signal your tummy it's full - so anytime you want to have seconds or even eat something that isn't on your plan for the day, wait 20 minutes before you do it. This deal works for me almost 100 percent of the time - and I totally use it still today. Give it a shot.
Hunger pangs don’t have to destroy your diet - just beat them with these diet hacks instead. By planning ahead and using these strategies, you can stay on your diet and subdue your cravings.
Bonus tip: Check out the MYBFF all-natural weight-loss supplements - not only have they recently launched a new Power Points program that gives you an instant $5 discount (and there are so many free ways to earn those points - you could save more than half of the cost and then some), but they're insanely useful for getting off the extra weight and they'll also cleanse your body in the process. I find they give me plenty of energy too.
Now it's your turn! Tell me what works best for YOU to stave off hunger - leave your thoughts in the comments below.
Love and marriage. How's the old saying go? It's an institute you can't disparage? But seriously, if you're married and you have kids, you know how hard it can be to keep the marriage spicy while being a good mom.
As news of New Girl star Zooey Deschanel's recent unannouced marriage and birth of her daughter spreads, many are left scratchng their heads, wondering how she managed to keep the wedding a secret - a difficult feat for celebs these days.
According to a spokesperson, “...Zooey Deschanel and her husband, Jacob Pechenik, are new parents to a beautiful healthy baby girl.”
Though we can pretty safely rule out a shotgun wedding, Deschanel and Pechenik tied the knot on June 21st in Austin, Texas. Just weeks later, the blushing bride gave birth in the same city.
“Jacob and I are over the moon. We are so excited to meet our little one," Deschanel said in January when she announced the pregnancy.
Well, Mrs. Pechenik, around here? We understand what it means to be a working mom, so we've got some advice for you on how to keep your marriage strong as you jump into motherhood with both feet. Ready for this?
Read: The Kate Moss Theory - Keep Your Hubby Hooked: Don't Dress Like a Wife
Hot Wife Guide: Keep Your Marriage Strong (And Raise Your Kids At the Same Time)
It’s not easy to balance a successful career and family life. However, working mothers are willing to share their relationship maintenance secrets.
Maintain your romantic and family relationships and your job with these tips - and get a few more here.
Maybe it's nont romantic, but find a reliable planner. What do you use to plan your schedule in advance? A reliable planner is an important part of trying to balance work and family.
- A planner will help you schedule your work and family time to avoid missing an important event for either one.
- Use the planner to schedule relationship time, too. Date nights and fun activities with the children are popular options.
Did I mention, planning? Cook ahead. Planning and cooking your meals ahead of time will give you the chance to focus on your relationships. Cook multiple meals in advance and stock the freezer.
- If you have a freezer filled with meals that are ready to be heated, then you can spend more time enjoying your family. Instead of worrying about what they will have for dinner, you can have a meal plan in place for an entire month.
Boundaries, guidelines and work. Set guidelines at work. Does your career make it difficult to see your family every night? Working mothers can set guidelines at work, so their lives are more balanced.
- Does work prevent you from seeing your partner and enjoying dinner together? If you can establish overtime rules, then you can try to find a balance between long hours and your relationship.
- Inform your boss about important family events ahead of time, so your work is aware that family is a priority.
Pick up tips from other working mothers. Your friends and coworkers can share valuable advice with you about work and relationships. You shouldn’t be afraid to start a conversation about maintaining your relationship. (And Zooey? For you, this is gonna mean those fellow celeb moms - we like JLo and Beyonce around here, among others!).
- Find a reliable friend. It’s not easy to balance work and family at the same time, but a reliable friend can help you during difficult situations.
- Who can you turn to for help balancing your career and relationship? Do you have a trustworthy friend who can support you? Instead of trying to control every aspect of life, you can delegate certain activities to a friend.
- Strong friendships are built on mutual trust and assistance, so be prepared to step in if a friend needs you.
Did your babysitter cancel on your date night? This is a good opportunity to turn to friends who can help you maintain your relationship. Your child can have a sleepover at their house while you have date night.
Spend five minutes a day alone with your hubby. Working mothers rarely have any alone time with their partners. However, just five minutes a day can make a big impact on relationship maintenance. It’s important that you be completely alone with your partner for at least a few minutes a day.
- You can set aside five minutes in the morning or evening to spend with your partner. Children, friends, and other family members shouldn’t be in the room with you. In addition, put away tech gadgets that distract you.
- You can set a timer for five minutes and talk or cuddle. The goal is to focus on each other.
Relationships need to be nurtured so they thrive. If you’re a working mother, take advantage of these tips to help you find a balance between your job, sweetheart, and kids. You've got this!
So what is your advice for working moms? How about for Zooey Deschanel? Share your thoughts in the comments section.
Do you know a woman who follows some self-imposed rule about when she'll have sex with a new partner? Maybe it's three dates, or six weeks - or six months. Maybe she waits until they say the "L" word, or maybe she hasn't even done it yet because she's waiting for marriage (shout out to all the clueless moms reading this post...).
In any case, I say it's time to let it ALL hang out.
Women, really. Let's be honest here - it's just us girls.
How long do you wait to have sex with a new partner? Is there really a standard answer to this question? And do women EVER tell the truth about it?
"I am fed up with men who use sex like a sleeping pill." -- Toni Braxton
It's an ongoing conundrum for most single women these days. If you wait to have sex for too long, will your partner really wait around for you? Really, what is sex? Is romance a part of dating anymore?
According to the New York Times, a lot of single ladies now employ a five-date rule.
"Single girls now wait until fifth rendezvous before having sex with a new partner," the Times reports.
- During first four dates women mentally tick off of a ten-point checklist
- Includes whether man is trustworthy and whether they 'click'
- Women expect 12 text conversations, five calls and two gifts before sex
- Body odor, texting at the table and being rude to waiters are biggest dating turn-offs
Depends on who is answering the question, if you ask me. Sex is what you think it is 0 nothing more, and nothing less. Whether y0u give it up on the first date or third date or you never give it up at all? That's totally up to you. You're the one who has to live with your choices. And it's no one else's business.
What are we waiting for, anyways? Aren't we all grown? Let's do what grown women do.
So, you've heard my two cents - can I get yours?
Tell me what YOU have to say about when it's appropriate to have sex with a new partner. Is there really a right or wrong answer to this question? Share your thoughts in the comments section, below.