When you're choosing your inner circle of support, you've got to choose carefully, In this video, I'm outlining 8 personalities that you definitely want in your circle - and 8 that you'll want to avoid at all costs!
We all have too many priorities and too little time to do them justice. You can create more free time in your life by asking yourself a few questions. Questions are powerful, because they focus your attention and generate solutions.
You just have to ask the right questions!
Ask yourself these questions and create more space in your life:
- What are my three greatest distractions? The most common distractions and time wasters are often electronic in nature. Your cell phone, laptop, and the television can leave you wondering where the time went. Other distractions might include an annoying neighbor, an organization that requires too much of your time, or frequent headaches.
- Think of ways to eliminate or minimize these distractions and spend your time in a more meaningful way.
- Am I making the best use of the free time I already have available? When you do have free time, how do you use it? Consider both the small blocks of time you have available throughout the day and the larger segments of time that you have free.
- If you’re waiting for a meeting to start, how do you use that time?
- Are you using your time in the car as productively as possible? You could use the time to make phone calls or listen to educational programs.
- Examine all the spare time you have each day and resolve to use it more productively.
- What are the three greatest distractions I have at work? An overly chatty cubicle mate might be neutralized with headphones. You can turn off the ringer on your phone. Think of the distractions you face and create solutions.
- What are my priorities? Make a list of your work and personal priorities. You can’t focus your time if you’re unaware of your priorities. You can focus your attention by reminding yourself of your priorities each day.
- What are the optional activities in my life? Make a list of everything you do in your life that’s optional – from watching TV to playing softball on the weekends. Some of those activities add to your life in meaningful ways, while others do not. Which of those activities are you willing to give up to create more space in your life?
- How can I simplify my life? How many blogs, magazine subscriptions, and podcasts do you follow? Are they all worth the time?
- How often do you check your email? Is that more often than necessary?
- Can you hire someone to mow your grass or clean your home?
- Can you get rid of a few possessions that are taking up time and space in your life?
- What would I do if I had more free time? How would you spend that time? With whom would you spend it? If you can identify how you want to spend your free time, you might become more motivated to create more free time in your life.
Are you lacking enough time to enjoy your life? It’s time to set priorities and reduce distractions.
Decide what is most important to you. Then determine how you’re using your time inefficiently. Ask yourself the important questions that will allow you to make meaningful changes. Free up your time for your priorities. You’ll be glad you did!
Do you think that your spouse is having an affair? Many times, it can be very difficult to tell if your spouse is cheating on you. Fortunately, many cheating spouses eventually show signs of being unfaithful, most of which are associated with their behavior. Outlined below are some signs that your spouse might be cheating on you.
Behavior Changes that May Signal a Cheating Spouse
- Your spouse joins a gym. This is a major sign when it is something that they never had any interest in doing so before. If you never had a problem with your spouse’s weight before, why would you now? This could be a sign that they are trying to impress someone besides you.
- Your spouse does not have time to sit down and talk anymore. Did and your spouse talk about their day? If you never seem to have the deep or intense conversations that you once had, there may be a major problem. Cheating spouses often try to distance themselves from their relationships at home. This is a sign that your spouse may be cheating on you.
- Your spouse may act differently during sex and want to try new things out in the bedroom. If your spouse suddenly wants to try new things in the bedroom or if you just notice that the sex is different, they may be cheating. In fact, you may be left wondering where they learned that from.
- In keeping with sex, your spouse may want to have it less. A decrease in sex frequency is a sign that your spouse may be cheating on you. As for why sex occurs less when cheating is involved, they feel guilty about what they are doing or they may be getting enough sex already.
- They may also get angry easier and more often. Your spouse may also be touchy around you. This may lead to more arguments and disagreements in your relationship. Things you do may annoy your husband or wife. They may actually go as far as to leave the room. Be sure to observe the changes in behavior that your spouse has towards other members of your family as well.
- They want to buy a whole new wardrobe, in a way, reinventing themselves. This works in conjunction with joining a gym to lose weight. A huge sign of cheating is when a new wardrobe is purchased and when more skin is being shown.
- Unusual behavior when your spouse is on the phone is another sign of cheating. When they are talking on the phone near you, do they try to lower their voice or even leave the room? Hanging up a phone quickly is another signal to watch for. Be cautious of increased cell phone use, as many cheaters prefer to use their own personal phones, as opposed to family phones.
- In addition to examining the behavior of your husband or wife, the behavior of your friends should also be examined. The friends you share together may start acting differently towards you. This is often because your shared friends might know more than you do. Even if a friend does not outright tell you that your husband or wife is cheating, they may intentionally or unintentionally show you the signs.
These above mentioned signs may be an indicator that your spouse is cheating on you, but there may also be reasonable causes for these behavior changes. For example, your spouse might want to look great for you and you alone, or they also may simply want to improve their health.
Since there are no guarantees that cheating could be going on, even with the above mentioned signs present, additional steps should be taken. These steps can and should include monitoring cell phone calls, viewing the cell phone bill, or hiring a private investigator. Never confront your husband or wife without the proper proof. Be sure to get solid evidence of cheating, otherwise you could be creating a whole new problem in your relationship.
Last Minute Gift Ideas for Mother’s Day: Inexpensive but Thoughtful Gifts You Can Get (Without Leaving the House!)
If you're anything like me, you like to do things at the last minute - and if you're buying a gift for your mom this year, this may be one of those things you sorta...waited to do. That's why I figured I'd throw together this quick list of last-minute gift ideas for Mother's day - these are gifts you can order from home and receive in time for Sunday's Mother's day celebrations! Or, have them shipped if you can't or won't see your mother.
In no particular order, here are some of my favorites!
Sweet Gifts for Mom
- "I Love You!" - A Gift of Love and Poetry For Children - Board Book(Get it here: http://amzn.to/2qOl6XI)
- Of Love and Sea Glass: Inspirational Quotes and Treasured Gifts From the Sea
- For the Mom Who Has Everything: Help Around the House--You've been hearing about how "Alexa" can help around the house - and maybe you've already been using an Amazon Echo. Mom could use one too - even if she's not tech savvy, a few minutes of instruction will give her a whole new world she can tap into with just her voice! Give her the Amazon Echo - Black (or Amazon Echo - White )! For a less expensive option, try Amazon Echo - White.
- Stress Relief! FabQuality Cube 12 Sides Anxiety Attention Toy With Minion Key Chain Gift + eBook Included - Relieves Stress And Anxiety And Relax for Children and Adults BONUS EBOOK is sent by email
- New Version 2017 - Anti Stress Cube Fidget Toys for Adults / Stress and Anxiety Relief Reducer Toys to Focus/ Attention Relieves Stress Toy for Gifts, ADHD, Kids, Children, Autism
- Magnetic Sculpture Desk Toy for Intelligence Development and Stress Relief, Stress Reducer Great for Relieves ADHD Anxiety,Gift for Children and Christmas (Jumping Dolphins)
- TheraFlow Dual Foot Massager Roller (Large) - Relieve Plantar Fasciitis, Heel & Foot Arch Pain - Stress Relief - Detailed Instructions Included - Acupressure/ Reflexology Tool - Perfect Gift
The Gift That Keeps on Giving!
Why not get mom something that will keep giving to her all year long? Try the Find Subscription Boxes Subscription Box App - or just get one of these awesome subscription box services for her!
Does your mom love:
- Something sweet each month? Try the Bocandy - International Candy and Snack Box
- A little romance in her life? Try the Date Night Box: This Creative Date Night for Couples is Ready to Open and Enjoy! Adorable "TO GO" theme is a Date Night to Remember.
- Getting closer to her partner? Maybe you'd rather get her the Date Night Box- Our "Tango Together" is all about communicating in a fun way with your partner. This creative date night for couples is ready to open and enjoy any time of year.
- Hanging out doing crafty stuff with the kids? Get her Green Kid Crafts, Robot Workshop Discovery Box (Bonus points if she's a "crunchy mom!") If her kids are younger (or she's got some awesome preschool grandkids), maybe she'd prefer the Preschooler Educational Activity Kit (Month Of May) Improves Brain Development , Mother's Day, Dinosaurs, Colors, Flowers & Bugs instead?
- To be an entrepreneur? Then she'd love the Beginner's Guide To Starting & Growing A Subscription Box Business: Unbox Your Success Today!! This will teach her how to start her own subscription box business and will make her plenty of money - so hey, that's a gift that will keep on giving!
- Drinking coffee? Then she will most definitely appreciate K-cup Coffee of the Month Club, Pure Kona and Kona Hawaiian K-cups Shipped Monthly for Six Months, Gift for Christmas, Mothers Day, Fathers Day, Birthdays, Corporate Gifts and All Occasions! Of course, if KCups aren't her thing (they aren't mine!) try the Bean Box Gourmet Coffee Sampler - 3-Month Gift Subscription - (fresh roasted coffee gift box, specialty whole bean, 4 roasts every month) instead! Of course, if she's a coffee purist who prefers to grind her own beans (like me!) - here's your best bet: Bean Box Whole Bean Coffee with Personalized Note, All Roasted, 6 Month Subscription If mom would rather not make her own coffee (or if she's on a budget and needs a little luxury in her life) - get her a Starbucks Gift Card for $25.
- Feeling beautiful? Try the Leny Box May Subscription Box!
- Fresh flowers? Get her the Flowers of the Month Subscription -3 Months - after all, why just give one bouquet when you can give three!
Still not sure? Why not just get her a good old Amazon eGift Card? That'll ensure that she can get whatever she wants or needs! If she loves it, you can always get her a Amazon.com Gift Card Balance Reload next year. Feel too impersonal? Get her the Amazon.com Gift Card in a Floral Box for Mother's Day (Classic White Card Design)
If she isn't sure what to get with her gift card, maybe she wants to try some of these before she buys. So remind her she can also:
- Try Amazon Music Unlimited 30-Day Free Trial - Music is excellent for changing your vibes when you're feeling down and need a quick pick-me-up - or when you're dealing with social anxiety that makes you feel crippled. Music has also been proven to be effective in assisting us with depression and anxiety.
- Join Amazon Kindle Unlimited 30-Day Free Trial - (AND - Here's a way you can read my books for FREE! Sign up for this free Kindle trial and download all of my books in ebook form. Find my books at http://booksangiewrote.com. And don't worry - anyone can get the Kindle app free on any device! Amazon.com - Read eBooks using the FREE Kindle Reading App on Most Devices)
- Try Audible and Get Two Free Audiobooks - for those who prefer to listen to their books, here's a free Amazon audible trial! Try it out and see what you think.
Your turn: What are you getting YOUR mom for mother's day? Tell me in the comments!
The 10 Minute Guide to Mind-Body Exercise
There’s more to exercise than losing weight and building bigger biceps. What’s going on above the neck is just as important.
Mind-body fitness, like mind-body medicine, honors the connection between your physical and mental well-being. Learn how to integrate outer movement and inner focus with these suggestions for peaceful and empowering workouts.
General Principles Behind Mind-Body Exercise
- Pay attention. As you would imagine, mindfulness creates the foundation for integrated workouts. Let go of daily concerns. Be aware of your movements, thoughts, and feelings. Enjoy the changing sensations.
- Breathe deeply. Abdominal breathing is one way to calm your mind and energize your body. Experiment with three-part breath filling and expanding your abdomen, your lower chest, and finally your upper chest. Reverse the flow as you exhale.
- Relieve stress. Physical activity is a constructive response to tension. Exercise lowers your levels of stress hormones and raises your endorphins.
- Be flexible. Listen to your body to tell when you’re ready for a change from your planned workouts. Maybe you need an active rest day doing gentle stretches instead of your usual run.
- Practice deliberately. There’s a natural tendency to gravitate towards tasks we’re already good at. You’ll make more progress if you structure your workouts to target the areas where you want to grow.
- Boost your immune system. A little time at the gym can help you manage chronic conditions and catch fewer colds. You may even recover from surgery faster.
- Develop spiritually. Incorporate your beliefs into your routine. Study chakras or give thanks to God for your body.
- Feel happier. Twenty minutes of exercise can enhance your mood for up to 12 hours, according to one University of Vermont study. Plus, those effects seem strongest when you start out feeling blue.
Specific Workouts for Mind-Body Exercise
- Practice yoga. Yoga’s original purpose was to condition the body to be comfortable in seated meditation. You can experience benefits whether you follow the spiritual teachings or just like downward dog.
- Do Pilates. Pilates is much younger than yoga, but many of the exercises are similar. It may be a good option if you’re less interested in the spiritual aspects of yoga.
- Study martial arts. Meditation in motion is a term often used to describe martial arts, as well as yoga. Tai Chi can be an especially good choice for seniors because it’s gentle and challenging.
- Take a walk. Treadmills have their place, but heading outdoors makes exercise seem like less work. Aim to take more steps each day.
- Dance around. Dancing gives your whole body a workout while your mind is busy learning the steps. Take a class that suits your ability and plays the music you love.
- Work on balance. Remember balance while you’re training for strength, aerobic capacity, and flexibility. Being steady on your feet sharpens your thinking, and may even help you to live longer. Ride your bike or try standing on one foot while you’re on the phone.
- Sit and meditate. Have you been dreaming about a workout that would let you remain sitting down? You’ll probably need to do more than meditate, but some advanced practitioners believe that a supple body is one result of deep and prolonged contemplation of virtuous objects.
Train your mind and your muscles. Mind-body exercise will enhance your mental and physical fitness. Taking an integrated approach to your workouts allows you to enjoy exercise more and achieve the long-term results you need for greater health and wellbeing.
Meet Tom and Ava. Tom is a raging narcissist who is married to Ava. Fortunately, Ava has figured this out and has been attempting to stop falling for the gaslighting tricks that make her feel crazy.
She's been employing the gray rock method and he's been really hating it. He is always trying to figure out ways to keep her feeling insecure and uncomfortable in their relationship.
For example, he knows it bothers her when he makes it clear he's attracted to other women, so one night after he particularly fails to make her feel crazy all day, Tom takes his manipulation up a notch.
He tells a story about a hot girl he met at the gas station on his way home. He tells Ava how the girl practically got naked in front of him (all lies, of course) and goes into what he would've done had he been single.
Ava realizes what he's trying to do, and she remains quiet to avoid his inevitable claims that she's always finding something to complain about, and that she should just blindly trust that he'd never do anything to hurt her (despite the fact that he verbally abuses her daily).
This is where it gets scary.
When Tom notices that Ava isn't giving him the narcissistic supply that he seeks, he takes it up a notch, claiming that he can sense that Ava is upset, even though she showed no signs of it.
Eventually, he manages to draw her into the argument and she is left reeling. She can't believe that he's done it again.
But this is how a narcissist works. He consistently and systematically tears down his victims, forcing them into these predefined roles (he defines them, of course) that place him in a position of power while she struggles to prove herself to him in some way.