If you're dealing with recovery from narcissistic abuse or you're struggling to leave a narcissist, chances are you're not really into taking chances. You may have developed a feeling of being "stuck" and unable to make a change. But one of the best ways to make positive changes to your life is to take more risks. Life is more exciting and rewarding when you’re willing to put yourself out there and take a few chances. Plus, successful people take more risks than unsuccessful people.
With a little practice, you’ll find that taking a chance or two adds immeasurably to your life.
Consider these benefits of taking a chance and reap the power it gives you:
Taking chances enables you to move beyond your comfort zone. Nothing ever changes if you don’t do something new. It’s not easy to force yourself to do something that makes you feel uncomfortable, but it’s necessary if you want to experience growth in your life. Imagine the new adventures you can have! Taking chances gives you power over yourself. Most people are risk-averse. It’s not in our genetic makeup to take chances. We’re like an antelope hiding in the tall grass, afraid to run out in the open for fear of being eaten by a lion. But there is tremendous power in taking chances.
When you can make yourself do things you don’t want to do, you realize that you’re conquering yourself.
This power extends to other areas of your life. You’ll find that you’ll do a better job of taking care of the mundane, but necessary, tasks in life. Taking action in the face of discomfort has a powerful impact on your life.
Taking chances gives you greater power over your life. You can take control of your life by taking steps to build the life that you desire. This gives you greater control. You can determine how you want to move forward, how you can overcome obstacles, and then do it.
Think of the people that never take chances. They’re much more susceptible to the randomness of life. External conditions have a greater effect. By taking a chance, you can avoid all this.
Taking chances reduces feelings of regret. More people regret the things they didn’t do than the things they did. Not taking chances in life leads to regret in your later years. You don’t want to be one of those people that looks back on his life and wonders, “What if?” Your life is more exciting when you take chances. One of the most frequent complaints of adults is boredom. Do you live the same day over and over? The time flies by because there’s nothing to differentiate one day from the next. There are no victories or defeats, just the dullness that comes from monotony.
Add some spice to your life and have a reason to get up in the morning. Take a chance or two.
You’ll develop greater self-confidence and self-esteem. When you have control over yourself and your life, you feel pretty good about yourself. These qualities influence all the other parts of your life, too. You have more opportunities. Taking chances exposes you to even greater opportunities. When you’re willing to act boldly, life seems to meet you halfway. It can be a great boost to the amount of success you experience in life.
Taking chances can be scary, but ask yourself what you have to lose. Whether it’s approaching someone attractive or sending your resume to your dream company, what do you have to lose? Most risks have little potential for real loss. The threat is inside your head.
For your best results, start slowly. Decide to take one small risk each day for a month and measure the effect it has on your life. Then you can move up to taking bigger chances as your tolerance for discomfort improves.
Discover the power of taking a chance. Start today! You’ll be glad you did!
Are you in a relationship with someone who makes you feel crazy and "not good enough" all the time? Do you find yourself constantly shocked at the outrageously disrespectful behavior and excessive bullying of a friend, family member or co-worker? This might be gaslighting or ambient abuse, and you may be dealing with a narcissist. Narcissists and people with narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) make you feel worthless and numb, and they leave you wondering if you're even a real person sometimes. It leads to CPTSD and many other issues. More Videos on Gaslighting on this playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLRc7...
Why therapy for narcissistic abuse isn't effective and doesn't always work. And why you should never go to couples therapy with a narcissist.
Therapists are often under-educated when it comes to narcissistic abuse recovery and toxic relationships with people with narcissistic personality disorder. It's not that therapists are useless, it's just that they don't always know the depths of emotional abuse and how to recognize someone with narcissistic personality disorder. In most cases, when you consult psychologists on love, they are fairly accurate. But when it comes to finding a good narcissistic abuse therapist, it's often easier said than done. And going to couples therapy with a narcissist will almost definitely set you up for victim-blaming. In this video, Dana Morningstar and Angie Atkinson discuss the possibilities and explain how to find the right therapist for you - whether you're dealing with CPTSD, narcissistic abuse syndrome or any other complication of toxic relationships. With Dana Morningstar from Thrive After Abuse.
Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Therapist? Why traditional therapy for narcissistic abuse doesn't work
Chronic stress and anxiety can wear you out. However, self-care can be a powerful remedy that restores your mind and body.
Try these self-care techniques to find relief for your stress:
1. Make your health a priority. You may have stress coming from multiple directions such as work, school, family, kids, neighbors, or others. However, it's important to establish your health as a top consideration. Find a balance between taking care of others and taking care of yourself.
2. Understand the fundamentals of self-care. Self-care is a conscious effort to put yourself first. It requires you to take time for activities that nourish and sustain your body, mind, and spirit.
* When you make it a priority to take care of yourself, you build a lifestyle that focuses on healthy choices. Build self-care into your daily habits, such as eating a healthy breakfast and exercising.
3. Start with one healthy habit a day. If self-care isn't a normal part of your life, it may be difficult to get used to it. However, you can start with one small habit and you'll see positive changes.
* By implementing one healthy habit each day, you'll begin your journey of taking better care of yourself.
* The habit can be a tiny change, such as eating oatmeal for breakfast or having a salad for lunch. The key is to pick something small that is easy to do. Then, you can build from this foundation and add other habits.
* If you try too many activities at once, you're likely to get overwhelmed or discouraged.
4. Find your own path. It's easy to get caught up in the self-care practices that others use. However, it's more effective to find your own path to wellness.
* Find the tips and habits that work best for your lifestyle. You may not have time to eat a healthy lunch or exercise every day. There are other ways to take care of yourself. Be willing to experiment with different ideas to figure out which self-care practices work well for you.
5. Continue growing. It's not enough to add one self-care habit and move on. Stress will continue to be a factor as long as you're on this planet. It's important to discover new self-care habits to alleviate your stress.
* Over time, the stress may come from different directions. For example, if your job is going well, you may suddenly discover issues at home. If your family life is fine, you may be worried about getting laid off.
* You may feel overwhelmed at times and as if you're taking steps back. Nevertheless, continue forward and make self-care a top priority.
* As your life changes, your self-care habits will also change. You might find that oatmeal for breakfast starts causing stomachaches, or injuries prevent you from exercising every day. Self-care can come from multiple channels. You can change things up and still find success.
Self-care has an important role in the battle against stress. It's a vital part of staying healthy and maintaining wellness.