Self-care focus group coaching with Lise starting next Tuesday.
5 week program
Here are a few ways this will benefit you:
Looking at where you can make changes to improve your life and healing.
Self-care beyond the manicure, beyond pampering.
Bring self-care to your daily life in things you already do.
Simple ways to make complex changes.
Individual attention with a group setting ton personalize your self-care focus.
Creating a self-love lifestyle.
Accountability to yourself through the group experience.
All phases and stages of healing are welcome to join and you will get help with where you are at personally. We will set up a group chat so you can help each other through the week and receive inspiration as well.
About me in this… I listen and am good at hearing the bigger picture. I help you to see your own inner wisdom and abilities through listening to your struggles. I also try to keep it fun 🙂 while suggesting ideas to help each person based on their own personal needs.
Times are either 11 am or 6 pm pacific on Tuesday’s for 5 weeks starting next Tuesday, September 4. You choose a time and that will be your group each week.
Cost is $75 for all 5 weeks ( non-refundable ) so it’s 5 weeks of group coaching for the price of 3 ( 2 free groups)
Check my schedule for the Self-care focus group coaching option to join! or email me at CoachLiseC@gmail.com
“If it’s so bad, why don’t you just leave already?”
If you ever feel like you’re constantly walking on eggshells in your relationship, you might very well be dealing with a toxic narcissist. In today’s video, I’m sharing the cold, hard truth: the REAL reason you haven’t left your narcissist – as well as why it bothers you so much when people ask you why you are still sticking around.
In any case, let me ask you – are you currently involved with a narcissist?
If so, what would you add to the video? If not but you previously were, what are your best tips for getting and staying in control of your own life? Share your thoughts in the comments section, below. Let’s discuss it.
“To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” ~Thich Nhat Hanh
Do you accept yourself for who you are, or are you the type of person who doesn’t feel comfortable in their own skin?
Does it kind of feel like you’re always in self-improvement mode? Like you are always trying to be someone else?
Feeling comfortable and accepting yourself is important if you want to lead a fulfilling and happy life. More than that, if you constantly focus on what’s wrong with you, you’re definitely going to find more things to complain about.
Try loving yourself instead – that makes it much easier to be happy as well as to manifest the good things you want in your life.
Here’s the thing – you might be ready to quit reading this post about now, ready to chalk me up to being another one of those quacks. But hold up! Not so fast.
It can happen. You can learn to make things go your way. And it all starts with one simple thing: the ability to fall madly in love with your very own self. No joke.
I promise you, you’ve got to love yourself before anything is ever going to change in your life. You might have to fake it a little at first. That’s okay. Just do it – because it’s totally worth your effort.
Ready to start changing your life?
Let’s take a look at how you can learn to know and love yourself like never before.
Self-Assessment: What Do I Want?
Start by reading over the following questions. Take a few minutes to jot down the answers in a notebook or document.
Who is the person that you want to become? Describe the ideal you in detail.
What are the things that you really care about?
Is there anything or anyone who you may lose if you start to live the life you truly want?
What one step can you take today to get closer to becoming the best possible version of yourself?
Write your answers out in detail. This way you have a full description of the person you want to become and why.
What to Expect When You’re Accepting (Yourself)
During this journey you also need to understand and accept that nobody is perfect – and that means all of us. We’ve all got our faults, and we’ve all gotta learn to live with them.
So, now that you’ve made the decision, it’s time. You’re finally ready to begin living your life the way you want to, and the way you deserve to!
Learn to Love Yourself
Sure, it sounds like it’s easier said than done, but what would the world be like for you if you were totally, madly, head-over-heels in love with yourself?
Maybe there are parts of yourself that you are extremely happy with, and of course, there might also be those that you hate.
Love Your Quirks
You have to stop hating on yourself and get busy changing your perception.
If you have habits that can be changed, great! That means you’ve got a place to start.
If you just have quirks, they’re just part of your personality. They identify what is unique about you, as a person. You need to accept and love your quirks!
I always say they’re just part of my charm.
In daily practice, the best place to start is to do the things that you can do – and to focus on the things that really make you feel awesome. Those are also the things that kind of show the world who you really are.
So if you’re itching to speak on something – then speak on! Never let the approval or disapproval of others stand in the way of your speaking your mind. You’ve got to be true to yourself if you’re ever going to be really happy.
Each night before you go to bed, ask yourself the following questions.
Was I the best possible version of myself today?
Did I make the right choices?
What could I have done better?
What was the brightest moment of my day?
What is the perfect vision of my perfect tomorrow.
Fall asleep with your perfect tomorrow in your mind’s eye. It’ll help you to begin to manifest the life you really want, because you’ll be drawing that beautiful, positive energy toward yourself.
Remember to be brave – don’t let fear prevent you from speaking your truth or doing what you need to do to be happy.
But that doesn’t mean you have to be rude about it – and you should always speak in love, whenever possible. Hate doesn’t foster the kind of change any of us really want.
Like I said, you might have to fake the whole “OMG I’M SO IN LOVE WITH MYSELF!!” thing for a minute – and that’s okay. Because once you master the art of “faking it,” you’ll be on the way to MAKING IT.
Maybe you won’t do the whole screaming it to yourself thing, either. But you’ve got to find a way to realize that YOU are a person who is worth that kind of love, and you’ve got to give it to yourself before you can get it or give it to anyone else.
I promise you, it won’t be boring, and it’ll be worth it when you see your life begin to resemble the one you really want. Don’t you think?
What do you say? Share your thoughts in the comments, below.
“A car is like a mother in law, If you let it- it will rule your life”- Jamie Lerner
Have you ever had a conflict of interest with a bitchy mother in law? I have!
In fact, I’ve had just about every raging fight you can have with a mother in law you could think of. But I have to be nice in order to keep my family together.
That mother is crazy sometimes and I want to ring her neck. So in order for that not to happen I have made a coping list.
1) Clean the house. I don’t care how much you hate to because-
A. it will get what she said or did off your mind for a while which will give the illusion you thought about what you said back, or better yet you calmed down enough to not say anything back. B. It probably needs done anyway and why not get out some steam and be productive all at the same time? I know I know easier said than done. expecsially when your upset, Right? Wrong! C. It will make your man thrilled that he came home to a clean house.
2) Have sex with your husband. It will make you feel like no matter what happened with your mother in law that your the only thing your man cares about.
A) that’s all we ever want.
B) and orgasm releases ind-orphans of happiness which will make your reply or explanation about what happened less harsh.
3) take a shower and sing as loud as you can.
A) gets a lot of frustration out.
B) its private so no one can see how truly crazy you are on the inside.
4) Know that if you have a ring on your finger, her opinion of you or your life does not matter. Her son chose to spend the rest of his life with you. Her opinion is no longer realavent.
Share some of your horrifing moments with your mother in law in the comments below!
Editor’s Note: Welcome to the first edition of Evolving Riley, a new column at QueenBeeing from brand-new mom Riley Barker.
“Having a baby is a life-changer. It gives you a whole other perspective on why you wake up every day.”~Taylor Hanson
As a new mom, I’m learning something new every single day with my little guy. For example, he’s already taught me something pretty major in his two months or so on this earth – he’s a different kid every day.
What do I mean? Well, as you might already be aware, when babies are very young, they almost literally have a new development a day.
In the beginning, your newborn will have bowel movements that are think and dark in color, this is called meconium.
This will only last up to 2 weeks. as your baby starts to eat the meconium starts to clear out your baby’s bowl movements will start you be yellowish in color and runny like diarrhea.
When you’re a new mom, every little development is fascinating to you.
I will admit the changes in their bowels are not as fun as baby learning to smile or open up his or her hands and not clench them into fists all the time.
Or dare I say it? The developmental stage that leads to babies sleeping longer at night. What new mom isnt counting the days until she can get a few hours of shut-eye in a row?
After a few months, your baby will sleep longer at night because he or she is having more REM sleep and lets you sleep for longer periods of sleep. Every detail is important to a new mom!
And for me, just as amazing as the first. What about you?
Help a New Mama Out! Now, tell me some of your baby’s recent (or memorable) developments in the comments below!
“Anytime new insight replaces an old assumption or a fossilized perception is the spring. New understandings sprout, new tolerances appear, and new curiosity draws you to previously dark places. Just as the sun shines earlier and longer in the spring, changes that seemed impossible appear to be possible with each new insight into your own health.” ~Gary Zukav
I don’t know about you, but I’m all about evolving and making life better. I love it when I have one of those “Eureka!” moments when everything just becomes totally clear to me. Sometimes it’s almost like being DRIVEN by a force outside of myself when I’m creating.
I always tell my kids that genius is less about WHAT YOU KNOW and more about your ability and desire to learn and retain information, and I truly believe it.
Creative inspiration feels so good, am I right? And when you can take it to that next level – the one where you are positively GENIUS, why wouldn’t you?
I mean, seriously. Isn’t it awesome when you’re about to give up hope of being able to solve a thorny dilemma, and then you experience a flash of insight that clarifies everything? Or when you’ve been working on some big concept or project and suddenly the idea that takes it to the next level hits you while you’re on the treadmill one morning?
Y’all know what I’m talking about – those moments of “creative genius.”
Despite what a lot of people think, it turns out that one doesn’t have to be born with this while “creative genius” factor in order to get those lovely strokes of inspiration that could literally change the world.
See, while these kinds of characteristics may seem like they’re ingrained and not something you can develop, scientific studies suggest otherwise.
In fact, there are entire books on this subject – such as the one written by author Roberta Ness called Genius Unmasked – focused on how you can develop genius.
And as one of the world’s most famous genius minds once quipped, genius is 99 percent perspiration, one percent inspiration. (Also? In case you wondered, it’s totally okay to step into your greatness.)
You can train yourself to enjoy more “genius” moments. These tips will help you find the answers you’ve been searching for.
How to Stay in the Right Mindset – The Genius Perspective
1. Study hard. While genius breakthroughs seem sudden, they’re often based on years of work. The more you learn, the easier it is to make connections between different facts.
2. Switch tasks. Studies have proven what many creative people have suspected. Switching your attention to another task can help you make progress with your original project, even when you’re feeling stumped.
3. Do something mundane. For strategic breaks, activities that require relatively little thought tend to work best. Try taking a shower or mopping the kitchen floor. Translating Russian poetry is likely to absorb all your mental powers.
4. Pause briefly. A short break is usually enough to help you move forward. On those days when you’re unable to leave the office, gaze out the window or walk to the mailroom.
5. Relax your mind. Looming deadlines and information overload can inhibit creativity. Clear your mind of distractions. Shut off your phone and put down your laptop. Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths.
6. Adopt a fresh perspective. Functional fixity is a term psychologists use to describe why it’s difficult to see anything except the familiar uses of an object. When you’re at an impasse, challenge yourself to take a new approach. Imagine how you would travel to work if your usual route was blocked.
7. Daydream often. Let your mind wander. That’s when you come up with innovative solutions. Letting your imagination run free makes you more productive.
8. Move around. Physical activity loosens up your mind and body. Climb the stairs or stand up and do a few stretches by your desk.
9. Head outdoors. Contemplating nature reduces stress and raises awareness. Take a walk around the block or visit your local park.
10. Slow down. Most of all, schedule some down time each day. You’ll achieve more when you create opportunities for thoughts to incubate in your subconscious mind.
More Helpful Ideas to Finding Genius Inspiration to Create the Life You Want
1. Consider yourself an artist. Creative genius is often associated with famous painters and scientists, but we’ve each got the potential to have it. Creativity is a process that you can apply to anything from housework to jogging.
2. Write your ideas down. Hold onto your amazing discoveries. Jot down your thoughts before other events push them out of your head. (If you’re like me, this is a very serious issue! Writing stuff down can really make a huge difference.)
3. Give yourself credit. Remember that “aha” moments are something you create through your own efforts. You can manufacture more of them.
4. Look closer. The most meaningful experiences may give you a better understanding of your relationships and purpose in life. Meditation and prayer can deepen your understanding and appreciation of your loved ones and values.
5. Share your breakthroughs. Help others benefit from your genius. Most individuals share the same basic concerns, like wanting to feel connected or save money. Your neighbors may be thrilled to find out how you got rid of your crab grass. Your friends may be intrigued by how you persuaded your children to eat their vegetables.
Eureka moments come in handy whether you’re trying to remember the name of your third grade teacher or find the error in a calculus proof. Taking a break and letting your subconscious do the work may be the most effective way to resolve a tough question.