You Are in the Discovery Phase
You’ve just discovered that you might be dealing with a toxic person who could be a narcissist or sociopath, and you want to learn more about it so you can figure out if this is what’s happening in your life.
Start right here.
Is there a narcissist in your life?
Your narcissist could be anyone – your spouse, your child, your mother, your father, your boss – even your best friend or your neighbor. Here are some tips for identifying the one(s) in your life.
- How to Recognize a Narcissist
- Are you married to a narcissist? 12 ways to know for sure
- If you are an ACON (adult child of a narcissist), you’ve got to learn to take control of your own life.Here’s some advice that might help.
What is the definition of a toxic narcissist?
It’s confusing for a lot of people, because people think being narcissistic means you take a bunch of selfies and care about how you look. But that’s not necessarily a toxic narcissist – the fact is that every human alive has a certain amount of narcissism in their makeup – it’s self-interest. It’s what makes us get up and get ourselves dressed, feed ourselves, get jobs, get married, have kids – it’s the part of us that prevents us from just giving up entirely.
But a toxic narcissist (or a person with NPD), is someone who has no ability to empathize with other people and who treats the people closest to him accordingly.
Are you being manipulated by a narcissist?
Narcissists are master-manipulators.
Here are some posts to help you identify and recognize the manipulation.
- Get the Definition of Gaslighting.
- How to Identify Gaslighting: Learn how to recognize the top ten signs of gaslighting.
- The Stages of Gaslighting
- Gaslighting: A Real-Life Example
- 10 Commonly Missed Signs of Gaslighting
- Inside a Narcissist’s Attack
Helpful Videos for People in the Discovery Phase
This is how smart people everywhere can solve literally every problem in their lives.
Discover the problem. Understand the problem. Overcome the problem.
Helpful Articles for People in the Discovery Phase
- Toxic Narcissism in Relationships: Top 10 Warning Signs You’re Being Gaslighted
- Narcissistic Rage and Narcissistic Injury: What You Need to Know
- How Self-Proclaimed Narcissist Sam Vaknin Gaslighted Me on Facebook
- Are you married to a narcissist? 12 easy ways to know for sure
- Exposed! 10 Shocking Facts Your Narcissist Doesn’t Want You to Know
- Broken Eggshells: The real reason you haven’t already left your narcissist
- Twisted Toxic Love: Inside the Distorted Mind of a Narcissist
- Are you being gaslighted? 10 things you need to know
- Toxic Relationships and Narcissism: Know the Stages of Gaslighting
- The Narcissistic Flip: Why and how it’s always your fault
- Shocking Truth: This is Why Even Very Smart People Can Be Gaslighted
- Toxic Love: 44 warning signs that you’re being emotionally abused
- Let’s Talk About You: 10 Signs YOU Might Be a Narcissist