Men Can Be Abused Too: Introducing Toxic Relationship Recovery for Guys
You make up more than a quarter of my readers and YouTube subscribers, and I appreciate you. I want you to know that I am not "anti-man" or even a feminist (except in its true definition: someone who believes women and men are equal) - I have two sons and many other men in my life who I care about.
With that being said, I know there a lot of you (probably more than even I realize) and I know that you are under-served in the narcissistic abuse recovery information and support that you need to get through this and to overcome it - partially because not a lot of people even realize that you can be abused by a woman.
That's why, in addition to making my videos mostly not just for women, I've started a special series on narcissistic abuse recovery that's just for you. You matter, and I want you to know it. Here's the first installment - take a moment and let me know what you think! Would you like to see more? Share your thoughts below, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Be a Super Hot Guy: This is How You Can Attract HEALTHY Women (After a Toxic Relationship)
I hope you don't hate yourself for not being a bad boy. Nice guys have one major advantage over bad boys – nice guys pay attention and care about a woman’s needs.
This is actually an advantage for a couple of reasons. First, you have a natural ability to be tuned in and caring – that’s valuable, and women love it! Second, because you have a bit of awareness, you’re also more able to discern if any given woman is going to be a good fit for you.
Because of your attentive nature and the fact that you do pay attention, you’re in a better position to determine whether a girl is right for you, and whether she’s a good girl or a bad girl.
Here’s something absolutely essential to keep in mind: Your hormones may try to misguide you! Sometimes, even if you’re a really good guy, your hormones will bog down your ability to think and even care if she’s a nice girl or not.
This is when you have to demonstrate some self-control and sound thinking. Before you find yourself in a situation that you may regret, you need to know how to tell a good girl from a bad girl.
A good girl dresses appropriately. That doesn’t mean she can’t look sexy, but she’s not letting herself spill out of her dress just for attention. She also has self control when it comes to drinking and even spending money.
Good girls pay attention to your needs, not just their own. She won’t rush into bed with you just because she thinks that’s the only way to get you to commit to her. She’s confident in her choices and decisions and doesn’t defer to you for everything.
Bad girls, on the other hand, try to win your affection by being overly promiscuous. She’ll dress too sexy, to the point you’re embarrassed for her, knowing every guy is assuming what kind of girl she is. She might also be flirting with every man in the room.
A bad girl also might need to get drunk or incapacitated in another way in order to relax and have fun (and we already know narcissists might also be addicts or alcoholics). She doesn’t control herself with money, either, spending too much and complaining that she’s in debt up to her ears.
You might meet a bad girl who pressures you into going to bed together on the first date. If she’s like this with you, she might be like this with any man! Some women think the only way a guy will commit is through sex, so put her mind at ease and take the pressure off from the very beginning.
If she’s needy, she might be a bad girl in another way – as in high maintenance. What starts out as cute possessiveness turns into a raging jealousy that gets out of control and ruins your life. Find a woman who exudes confidence and interest in you (not one that seeks the attention of every man in the room).
Because, my friend, you know which girl needs the attention of everyone in the room, right?
Yeah. It's the female narcissist. Female narcissists will use their bodies to get what they want, in many cases, and this includes their sexuality.
- Female narcissists are more likely to have an eating disorder than male narcisssists.
- Female narcs are more likely to have issues with getting older, especially when they use their bodies or sexuality to get what they want.
- Female narcissists are more likely to secure their supply sources at home by controlling her family directly and using guilt to help secure her control.
- Female narcissists tend to be less openly over-confident than male narcs, who get much of their over-inflated confidence from inside their own heads - but females are more likely to take secret pleasure in their own perceived superiority over others.
- Female narcissists are more likely to spend money frivolously while males are more likely to believe that money gives them power, control, status and related conditions. (Neither concerns himself/herself with shame or remorse, of course).
- While both female and male narcs are known to cheat, males are more likely to be serial adulterers. Females are more likely to idealize a guy and then emasculate him when they get him under their "spell." In both cases, the more their partners give, the more they want and take from them - it's an insatiable need for supply.
Next Time, Ask Yourself: Does This Woman Deserve Your Heart?
You’ve met the woman of your dreams – you think. You’ve been dating for some time and things are getting pretty serious. You’re at the point where you’re becoming exclusive (or maybe you’re thinking about making things even a bit more permanent).
Before you ask her to move in with you, or marry you, you have to ask yourself, “Does this woman deserve my heart?” Answer it completely honestly.
Remember, it isn’t only her judging whether you are worthy, but you deciding whether she is worthy of you. When the idea of permanence enters into your head, it’s time to take a few deep breaths and really think things through – even if it means that you’ll be putting off having the exclusive dating talk, or the moving in together talk, or the marriage proposal.
These things are a big deal and because of that, you absolutely need to take your time and know in your heart that she’s the kind of person you want to spend an eternity.
Here are some questions that you need to ask yourself:
- Are we truly compatible? If your intention is to make this relationship more permanent, this is a good question to ask. Not just if you both like dogs and macaroni and cheese and hockey, but are you compatible on a deeper level.
- Are you on the same page when it comes to the really important things like kids, spirituality, finances and other things that will eventually play a very important part in your life together?
- If you don’t see eye-to-eye, have the two of you figured out how you’re going to compromise or where your common ground will be?
- Is she good to you? This is something that some people forget to ask when they’re just plain head over heels in love or your family and friends like her a lot and are pressuring you.
- Is she kind to you?
- Does she respect your dreams, goals and ideas?
- How does she treat you when you’re out with friends?
- How does she treat you when you’re alone?
- Does she apologize if she’s made a mistake?
- Is she controlling?
- Is she loyal to you?
- Is she someone that you really, truly like? You have to be able to like this person, not just love her. Do you enjoy her company most of the time?
- Do you respect her and what she stands for?
- Are you comfortable with the way she treats your family and friends?
- Can you picture spending your life with her?
- Do you have visions of sitting on the front porch in his and her rocking chairs while your grandchildren play at your feet?
- Do you feel comfortable committing yourself to this person?
As you consider these questions, make sure you’re honest with yourself. Small differences can probably be worked out, and nobody is perfect. But if you’re uncomfortable with committing to something more serious, then wait until you’re sure you’re ready. The worst thing that can happen is that you’ll have to get back into the dating scene. Just make sure you’re getting someone who you’re happy and comfortable with. Never settle for less than you deserve. Feel me?