A Secret Support Group for People in Relationships With Narcissists
SPAN is an acronym for Support for People Affected by Narcissism. This is a secret online support group forum hosted on Facebook.
Given the volatile nature of narcissists, the SPAN group on Facebook is a secret group – so you won’t be able to find it online – and even if they saw it, most people wouldn’t recognize SPAN as anything to be concerned about.
This is a Safe Place. While you’re here, we’ll take care of you.
For the protection of our members, the following safety precautions are put in place.
- Each member will be individually vetted, up to the point of our capabilities, and if anyone makes a group member feel unsafe, admins will handle the problem swiftly and without question.
- Anyone who harrasses, intimidates, overly criticizes or otherwise engages in “triggering” behaviors will be permanently blocked from the group – that means they will no longer even be able to see the group in their search, much less actually access it.
- If admins will be on vacation or away for more than 24 hours, we will find a trusted substitute to ensure everyone’s emotional safety during the time we’re away.
- What is said/posted/heard in the group stays IN the group. If members are found to have shared anything that is created inside of the group, such as a personal post or even a general share from a member, they will be immediately removed. (Note: Due to the group settings, anyone who actually accomplishes this will have done so willfully, with full knowledge that it wasn’t allowed. That’s why the strict rule on this one.)
- We reserve the right to remove any member without notice if we find there is a conflict of interest (such as a suspected narc who is stalking his or her victim).
- We also reserve the right to amend the rules at any time in order to preserve the safety and privacy of our members.
There’s no charge – it’s another one of my Pay It Forward initiatives. The application just takes a moment, but is required in order to ensure the safety of our members.