Spring Cleaning: Organizing your kitchen with Pinterest
It is finally spring again. Let’s air out the house by opening all the windows and saying goodbye to the long cold winter.
I love to take the first few days of warmth to clean out my house, which is something I find hard to do when it is cold outside. Like being reborn each spring I tend to clean out all the clutter that my life accumulated over the colder months.
My kitchen is the first place I start. Taking things out of the cabinets and reorganizing is a big must. But how do I put it back and make it look neat and functional and something that I will actually use is key. That’s when I turn to Pinterest.
Here are some of my favorite Pinterest kitchen organizing ideas.
1. The aluminum foil and plastic wrap debate. Where do they go? In a drawer someplace but which one? I don’t have a drawer that fits those items in a safe secure snug manner without foil falling out and rolling across the kitchen floor. Here is a great idea pinned from listotic.com. Why didn’t I think of this?
2. I cleaned out my pots and pans but have no clue what to do with the lids? Try this from dumpaday.com. This is a life hack win!
3. I have been doing the same thing for years. You can find these holders on Amazon.com or at your local Walmart. Go buy some, you will thank yourself!
4. You will always have a place for your cutting boards using this trick. I love putting things on doors. bystephanielynn.com
5. All of the cupcake liners from the holidays now have a home. Use an old mason jar to store them in. Brit.co has the right idea here.
6. Have deep cabinets? I use this technique for the shelves up high so I can reach everything that is in them. Want to go that extra mile? Label your plastic tubs. Pin from Listotic
7. Don’t forget about the fridge! Take them drawers out and clean up the leftover Pepsi that spilled all down the back wall. While you are at it grab a lazy Susan and place it in the fridge. This will add more space and the ability to find things easier. Buzzfeed.com
Want to see a Pinterest pin in action? Not sure if that “pin” actually works? Message me your pins and we will find out together.
Please also watch my DIY Pinterest videos on YouTube.