Every survivor of narcissistic abuse goes through a healing process that can be long and painful. Taking care of yourself in the process is one highly effective and incredibly important way to start really changing your life for the better. Here’s a list of 12 self-care books every survivor of narcissistic abuse should read. See how to create a DIY self-care kit and why you should bother.
- Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies About Who You Are So You…By Rachel Hollis
- You Are a Badass®: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and…By Jen Sincero
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business By Charles Duhigg
- The Book of Joy: Lasting Happiness in a Changing World by Dalai Lama
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life by Mark Manson
- The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment By Eckhart Tolle
- How to Be an Imperfectionist: The New Way to Self-Acceptance, Fearless Living... By Stephen Guise
- The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are by Brené Brown
- Declutter Your Mind: How to Stop Worrying, Relieve Anxiety, and Eliminate Negative Thinking By SJ Scott
- The Wisdom of Sundays: Life-Changing Insights from Super Soul Conversations By Oprah Winfrey
- The Rest is Still Unwritten: How to Rewrite Your Story After Narcissistic Abuse by Angela Atkinson
- 100 Days to Greatness: The Whole Life Fix Movement: Your Ultimate Guide to Help You Stop Doubting Yourself and Start Living Your Perfect Life
Angela Atkinson is a Certified Life Coach and the author of more than 20 books on narcissism, narcissistic abuse recovery and related topics. A recognized expert on narcissism and narcissistic personality disorder who has studied and written extensively on narcissistic relationships since 2006, Atkinson was inspired to begin her work as a result of having survived toxic relationships of her own.
Atkinson offers trauma-informed coaching and has certifications in life coaching, level 2 therapeutic model, CBT coaching, integrative wellness coaching, and NLP. She is a certified trauma support coach and certified family trauma professional. She also has a professional PTSD counseling certification. Her mission is to help those who have experienced the emotional and mental devastation that comes with narcissistic abuse in these incredibly toxic relationships to (re)discover their true selves, stop the gaslighting and manipulation and move forward into their genuine desires – into a life that is exactly what they choose for themselves.
Along with her solution-focused life coaching experience, Atkinson’s previous career in journalism and research helps her to offer both accurate and understandable information for survivors of abuse in a simple-to-understand way that helps to increase awareness in the narcissistic abuse recovery community. Atkinson founded QueenBeeing.com Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support, the SPANily Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support Groups and the Life Makeover Academy. In her life coaching practice, Atkinson’s clients enjoy her personalized approach that allows and encourages them to become the best possible versions of themselves and to succeed in doing what they love most. She offers individual and group coaching for victims and survivors of narcissistic abuse at NarcissisticAbuseRecovery.Online and NarcissismSupportCoach.com.