The Supreme Court ruled in a landmark case Friday morning and made history. (more…)
I don’t know about you, but personally, I prefer to wear a little makeup when I’m out in the world, and while I tend to minimize it in the summertime, I still want to offer Mother Nature a hand sometimes. (more…)
“I want to feel my life while I’m in it.” ~Meryl Streep
What do Jada Pinkett Smith, Shaun Robinson and Meryl Streep have in common (outside of being in the entertainment industry, anyway)?
Well, according to what I’ve been hearing, there’s one obvious factor: each is regularly standing up for herself and what she believes – and often, for other women.
I don’t know about you, but I call that BRAVERY. You want examples? Okay. Check these out.
- Robinson to Leave ‘Access Hollywood’ to Join Kerry Washington for Hot TV Deal To Empower Women – I love seeing a celebrity who really cares about PEOPLE, and that’s exactly what I believe Shaun Robinson is showing us all right about now. According to the Inquisitr, Robinson will leave her regular post on ‘Access Hollywood’ in order to join actress Kerry Washington in a new project that’s designed to empower women. Check it out and let me know what you think. Inquisitir.com
STRONG WOMEN: Being Brave the Easy Way
Being brave is hard sometimes – especially when we’re venturing into an unknown territory. If you ask me, it’s all about how you look at things – but today’s post isn’t all about my opinion or experience.
What would you do if you had no fear? Imagine standing up for your convictions and taking risks to go after the things that are important to you.
There are two major schools of thought about courage. You might act boldly because you are fearless. On the other hand, you might feel anxious, but forge ahead anyway because you decide that the rewards are worth it.
Either way, courage is a skill that you can cultivate. Use this 3-step plan to conquer your doubts and face the things that scare you.
FIRST: Build up Your Faith
1. OWN IT. Value yourself. Know that you’re worthwhile. Bravery comes down to making yourself vulnerable because the rewards justify taking the risk. Ask yourself how far you’ll go to live out your dreams.
2. CALL IT. Call on your strengths. Believe in your abilities. Reflect on your past accomplishments and understand your potential.
3. CONNECTION. Connect with the divine. Reach out to something bigger than yourself. Set aside time each day for prayer and meditation. Discover what your faith tradition teaches about the nature of courage.
NEXT: Team up With Others
1. Look for partners. We’re more powerful when we act together. Surround yourself with friends and allies who share your aspirations. Put together a team that complements each other’s abilities. Be a collaborative leader who engages others and encourages innovation.
2. Select inspiring role models. It’s good to have heroes. Find a mentor who has the qualities you want to possess. It may be your college professor or a character in your favorite novel.
3. Share moral support. Sometimes the most valuable things we give each other are intangible. Empathize with your friend when she is struggling to start dating again after a divorce. Be thankful when she validates you the next time you’re steeling yourself for a sensitive conversation with your teenage son.
FINALLY: Practice Makes Perfect
1. Distinguish between feelings and actions. We usually need to act if we want our fears to dissolve. Showing yourself that you can succeed even when you feel anxious teaches you to tackle challenges. The good news is that it becomes easier each time.
2. Take small steps. Start out with something modest. Schedule that dental checkup you’ve been putting off.
3. Master your timing. Gambling wisely means recognizing the opportune moment. Determine when you have the resources to move ahead. Your small business is more likely to thrive if you write out your business plan and line up investors.
4. Manage stress. Staying fit prepares you to be more adventurous. Protect your body from the consequences of chronic stress so you have greater energy and strength.
5. Think positive. Resolve to be optimistic. Stay hopeful by focusing on what you have to gain. Picture your boss being impressed by your proposal to save money on shipping costs and shorten delivery times.
6. Hang in there. Have the courage to persevere when success fails to come instantly. Difficult tasks may require sustained time and effort.
7. Be sensible. At the same time, you want to pick your battles. Being courageous is different from being reckless. Look out for your safety and the wellbeing of those around you. Plan ahead so you’ll be ready to deal with the outcomes of your decisions. Celebrate your victories and learn from your mishaps.
Cultivate the courage to push beyond your comfort zone. It’s okay to feel a little afraid as long as you keep working towards your goals. Being brave empowers you to enjoy a richer life and accomplish more.
Forget About Regrets!
3 Books to Help You Become a Stronger Woman
Weigh In Wednesday – Week 1 – Day 6
Will it really happen? Will I weigh in today? Watch and find out!
Have you heard about this whole abortion drone thing?
Here’s a story that made me look twice!
Regardless of which side you fall on when it comes to the whole abortion debate, you’ve got to ask yourself what we’ll think of next.
Apparently, there’s a new “abortion drone” making its way to women in Poland who need to end their pregnancies in a hurry.
It’s going to drop abortion pills over Poland. Seriously.
I am not even going to focus on my stance on abortion (which, for the record is basically to each her own, but it’s not for me personally – unless it means life or death for me, because I don’t think it’s fair to my already-born children to take their only mother from them if I can avoid it).
What I am going to say is this: I am happy to see that drones can provide a service that might potentially save lives.
As for the whole abortion part…I’m not sure what to say.
What do you think about this whole deal? Share your thoughts at the end of this article, or hit me up on Facebook. Here’s a bit of the story – be sure to visit the link below to see the full deal.
by Tara Culp-Ressler Posted on June 24, 2015 at 11:56 am
CREDIT: Women on Waves
A coalition of reproductive rights group is re-purposing drone technology with a new goal in mind: Expanding women’s access to a safe method of ending an early pregnancy.
The world’s first “abortion drone” is making international headlines for its upcoming flight, which is planned for this weekend. On Saturday, a small drone carrying packages of abortion-inducing medication will be flown from Germany to Poland, where women are subject to some of the strictest abortion laws in the world.
“The Abortion drone will mark the different reality for Polish women to access to safe abortion services compared to other women in Europe,” said a press release announcing the initiative.
See The Full Story click here