What is future faking?
If you think back to the beginning of your relationship with your narcissist, do you recall all the big promises (actual or implied) that were made to you – and how many of them didn’t seem to pan out the way the narcissist promised? Future faking is a manipulation tactic in which the narcissist makes promises to you about an amazing future you’re going to have, but never delivers. Often employed during love bombing and hoovering, future faking is one way that narcissists get and keep us hooked.
Start Getting Help with Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Today
Did you know? Online help is readily available for survivors of narcissistic abuse. Here are some options to begin healing from narcissistic abuse right away.
- Sign up for our free email newsletter service that includes a free guided recovery experience via your inbox.
- Start your narcissistic abuse recovery here with our free narcissistic abuse recovery support system and program.
- Think you might have C-PTSD but you’re not sure? Take our free C-PTSD Self-Assessment.
- Join one of our free online narcissistic abuse recovery support groups!
- Join one of our private small coaching groups!
- Get private, one-on-one narcissistic abuse recovery coaching or counseling.
- Get a therapist who will work with you online. Check out our guide to finding a therapist or psychologist who understands narcissism and narcissistic abuse.
- 121 Things Narcissists Say When They Are Gaslighting You
- The Toxic Attraction Between Narcissists and Empaths
- Narcissists and Public Humiliation: How & Why Narcs Shame You Publicly
- Gaslighting and Toxic Narcissism: Top 10 Red Flags
- Are narcissists jealous of their children?
- What Happens When Narcissists Don’t Get What They Want?
- The Shy or Introverted Narcissist
- C-PTSD and Dissociation in Narcissistic Abuse