Are you worried that your narcissist is gaslighting you through technology? If so, you need to know the inside track on spy cameras, also known simply as spy cams. Perform a standard search online and you will be surprised with the results. It is amazing where they can install a hidden camera.
For example, did you know a narcissist could place:
- A hidden spy camera in an air purifier. Yes, an air purifier! This type of spy cam is ideal, as an air purifier does not look out of place in any home. These types of spy cameras come in functioning air purifiers.
- A hidden spy camera in an air freshener. If it wasn’t enough that you can hide a camera in an air purifier, you can also do so in an air freshener. The latest types of air fresheners to come equipped with spy tools are those that automatically dispense air scents. The only thing is you need to cautious. These units are very small and most are white. Unless the pinhole camera is well-hidden, it can be easy to spot.
- A hidden camera in a computer speaker. As with the above-mentioned air purifier, these speakers are fully functioning. If you want to spy on your spouse, whom you suspect may be using the internet to cheat on you, there is no better way to get to the bottom of things. Point the speakers towards the computer screen and you get all the proof you need! Since these speakers work, the computer user will be none the wiser. You can also use these speakers to point to any direction in a room.
- A hidden camera in a clock. These clocks come in a number of different formats. Most are desktop, which allow you to maneuver to get the best view. To not raise suspicions, a digital alarm clock is best. These clocks are also fully functioning. The person you are spying on can use the clock, the alarm, listen to the radio, and so forth. Fully functioning means little suspicion is aroused.
- A hidden camera in a pen. Not only can you buy pens with hidden video recorders inside, but digital cameras, audio recorders and more. In fact, you may be surprised what a small pen can do. Some allow for invisible writing, which can only be read with the pen’s light. Other pens have lights that allow for nighttime rummaging or writing in the dark. Some devices even come with small attachable scopes for long-distance viewing. Your options are unlimited when using a spy pen. Since pens are items we use every day, no one will think twice about seeing one.
- A hidden camera in a necktie. Most aren’t surprised to hear that hidden cameras are installed in everyday household items. These items are usually large and easy to manipulate. On the other hand, some are shocked to learn that hidden cameras are found in clothes and accessories. A great example is a necktie. Most of these cameras have cords, but they are easy to hide under a shirt. Other accessories include baseball caps, sunglasses, backpacks, purses, and belts.
As you can see, hidden cameras are found in a wide range of items. These are just a few of the ways narcissists can spy on you. Please be careful and check everywhere if you feel like you are being watched. They even have night vision cameras available these days and don’t forget about nanny cams.
Angela Atkinson is a Certified Life Coach and the author of more than 20 books on narcissism, narcissistic abuse recovery and related topics. A recognized expert on narcissism and narcissistic personality disorder who has studied and written extensively on narcissistic relationships since 2006, Atkinson was inspired to begin her work as a result of having survived toxic relationships of her own.
Atkinson offers trauma-informed coaching and has certifications in life coaching, level 2 therapeutic model, CBT coaching, integrative wellness coaching, and NLP. She is a certified trauma support coach and certified family trauma professional. She also has a professional PTSD counseling certification. Her mission is to help those who have experienced the emotional and mental devastation that comes with narcissistic abuse in these incredibly toxic relationships to (re)discover their true selves, stop the gaslighting and manipulation and move forward into their genuine desires – into a life that is exactly what they choose for themselves.
Along with her solution-focused life coaching experience, Atkinson’s previous career in journalism and research helps her to offer both accurate and understandable information for survivors of abuse in a simple-to-understand way that helps to increase awareness in the narcissistic abuse recovery community. Atkinson founded QueenBeeing.com Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support, the SPANily Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support Groups and the Life Makeover Academy. In her life coaching practice, Atkinson’s clients enjoy her personalized approach that allows and encourages them to become the best possible versions of themselves and to succeed in doing what they love most. She offers individual and group coaching for victims and survivors of narcissistic abuse at NarcissisticAbuseRecovery.Online and NarcissismSupportCoach.com.