I’ve been cooking a LOT more lately, for a number – most of all, I like to eat healthier these days when I can. Anyway, I’ve put together a list of gadgets (and a couple of DIY and list posts I found valuable around the web) that I think everyone who fancies herself an at-home chef (and/or gadget geek) should consider looking into.
- Olivewood Salt Keeper – Beautiful and practical, this box keeps up to 8 oz. of cooking salt within close reach. Handcrafted of richly grained olive wood with an oil finish, it has a swiveling magnetic lid for easy one-handed access. Williams-Sonoma
- Stainless Steel Coffee Grinder – EC: 8/21 Submissions on Joss & Main – Make cafe-worthy coffee from freshly ground beans with this antique-inspired grinder, crafted from wood with an adjustable lever to deliver a precise grind from course to fine. Joss & Main
- Garlic Press and Potato Masher Kitchen Tool Set – “Garlic Press and Potato Masher Set is the perfect combo to add to your kitchen tools. The plastic potato masher helps you make mashed potatoes with ease. All you do is press down and twist. Dishwasher safe. The garlic press crushes garlic cloves efficiently by forcing them through a grid as you squeeze the handle.” Amazon.com
- How to Build a Tandoor Oven – We all want tandoori at home but how?! After researching online we found this example and this blog post to be the most helpful. Both of those at-home tandoor ovens were huge and elaborate, but they seemed to have amazing results. Our goal was to learn from them and make modifications to their design to fit our needs (ease of build, compact, cheap). Food52
- Copper Garlic Press – The warm, lustrous shine of copper has a long history in the kitchen. Our copper-plated tool collection carries on the tradition, offering all the rich beauty of solid copper in a low-maintenance finish. Williams-Sonoma
- Trudeau Herb Mill – “When you want to sprinkle foods with minced fresh herbs, skip the chopping board and grab this handy rotary mill. A simple turn of the crank distributes finely chopped herbs on pasta, pizza, salads and more.” Williams-Sonoma
- 15 Best Kitchen Gadgets Under $50 – Some kitchen gadgets remain state-of-the-art for decades—there’s no improving on the rice cooker, for instance. Yet others are continually updated with smaller proportions, and so many bells and whistles that they’ll do everything but the dishes. To compile our list of the best budget-friendly cooking tools we combed through the classics, the brand new, and the new-and-improved. If you don’t already have these kitchen essentials, you’ll wonder how you ever survived without them! This Old House
(Visited 44 times, 1 visits today)
Angela Atkinson is a Certified Life Coach and the author of more than 20 books on narcissism, narcissistic abuse recovery and related topics. A recognized expert on narcissism and narcissistic personality disorder who has studied and written extensively on narcissistic relationships since 2006, Atkinson was inspired to begin her work as a result of having survived toxic relationships of her own.
Atkinson offers trauma-informed coaching and has certifications in life coaching, level 2 therapeutic model, CBT coaching, integrative wellness coaching, and NLP. She is a certified trauma support coach and certified family trauma professional. She also has a professional PTSD counseling certification. Her mission is to help those who have experienced the emotional and mental devastation that comes with narcissistic abuse in these incredibly toxic relationships to (re)discover their true selves, stop the gaslighting and manipulation and move forward into their genuine desires – into a life that is exactly what they choose for themselves.
Along with her solution-focused life coaching experience, Atkinson’s previous career in journalism and research helps her to offer both accurate and understandable information for survivors of abuse in a simple-to-understand way that helps to increase awareness in the narcissistic abuse recovery community. Atkinson founded QueenBeeing.com Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support, the SPANily Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support Groups and the Life Makeover Academy. In her life coaching practice, Atkinson’s clients enjoy her personalized approach that allows and encourages them to become the best possible versions of themselves and to succeed in doing what they love most. She offers individual and group coaching for victims and survivors of narcissistic abuse at NarcissisticAbuseRecovery.Online and NarcissismSupportCoach.com.