Do you know how to spot a narcissist? Ask yourself these 7 questions if you aren’t sure. How do you spot a narcissist, exactly? What signs should you look for? Narcissists are so self-centered and self-indulgent that they see friends and lovers as mere extensions of themselves. They are obsessed with flattery and demand to be adored and have attention to themselves at all times.
Unfortunately, these narcissistic types are very seductive and you may at first be attracted to them without realizing what you are stepping into. Because their egos are so very fragile, they constantly crave attention which eventually puts their partner at risk of being on the losing end of the relationship.
To help you with some tips on identifying whether or not he or she is a narcissistic type, ask yourself the following questions:
1. Does he or she lose interest when they are not the center of attention?
2. Are most conversations about them, whether you try to change the subject or not?
3. Is your partner always fishing for compliments?
4. If you criticize him or her, do they literally fall apart, especially if it refers to their looks or their mistakes?
5. Do you catch them talking about all of their supposed ‘lost loves’ whom each seemed to have had major flaws in which he or she had to break up with them?
6. If he or she is not getting special treatment or constant attention do they get mad or have a temper tantrums? For example, if when they are not waiting on fast enough in restaurants or did not get the best seats at the movies, are they upset?
7. Do you find a pattern of this person using people just to get what they want and then discarding them when their own needs are met?
If the man or women you are interested in shows any number of these types of behaviors then you may want to be careful. These are not the type of people to get involved in a relationship with if you want equal attention and love.
Discover. Understand. Overcome. It’s how smart people change their lives! Subscribe to my channel: vid.io/xoJJ
**LIVE EVERY WEEKDAY! Never miss a live session! Just text “AngieLive” (no spaces) to 33222 and I’ll send you a text each time I get ready to go live!
If you enjoyed this video, please subscribe to my channel! http://youtube.com/angieatkinson
Schedule a coaching appointment with me at http://narcissisticabuserecovery.online
Get my books at http://booksangiewrote.com, schedule a coaching appointment and/or pick up your free 5-day fear-busting email course (specially designed for narcissistic abuse survivors) at http://narcissismsupportcoach.com.
Join SPAN (Support for People Affected by Narcissistic abuse in toxic relationships) – AKA “The SPANily” – at https://queenbeeing.com/span.
Let’s Also Connect On:
- Facebook at https://facebook.com/coachangieatkinson.
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/coachangieatkinson/
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/angyatkinson/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/angieatkinson
Angela Atkinson is a Certified Life Coach and the author of more than 20 books on narcissism, narcissistic abuse recovery and related topics. A recognized expert on narcissism and narcissistic personality disorder who has studied and written extensively on narcissistic relationships since 2006, Atkinson was inspired to begin her work as a result of having survived toxic relationships of her own.
Atkinson offers trauma-informed coaching and has certifications in life coaching, level 2 therapeutic model, CBT coaching, integrative wellness coaching, and NLP. She is a certified trauma support coach and certified family trauma professional. She also has a professional PTSD counseling certification. Her mission is to help those who have experienced the emotional and mental devastation that comes with narcissistic abuse in these incredibly toxic relationships to (re)discover their true selves, stop the gaslighting and manipulation and move forward into their genuine desires – into a life that is exactly what they choose for themselves.
Along with her solution-focused life coaching experience, Atkinson’s previous career in journalism and research helps her to offer both accurate and understandable information for survivors of abuse in a simple-to-understand way that helps to increase awareness in the narcissistic abuse recovery community. Atkinson founded QueenBeeing.com Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support, the SPANily Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support Groups and the Life Makeover Academy. In her life coaching practice, Atkinson’s clients enjoy her personalized approach that allows and encourages them to become the best possible versions of themselves and to succeed in doing what they love most. She offers individual and group coaching for victims and survivors of narcissistic abuse at NarcissisticAbuseRecovery.Online and NarcissismSupportCoach.com.