“Study carefully the law of cause and effect.” ~Vernon Howard
Many self-help gurus believe your thoughts alone are sufficient to bring about meaningful change in your life.
Some of them will even tell you to believe the universe can deliver your wishes to your front door if you merely ask in the proper manner.
Me? It doesn’t really matter what I believe, when it comes to the point of this post, but for the record, I know that it DOES work and I’m walking proof of it myself.
Maybe you believe the law of attraction works. Maybe you’re not convinced?
You’re not alone! In fact, a lot of people doubt the power of the law of attraction. So what is a skeptic to do?
Well – if you’re a “gotta see it to believe it” kinda person, you might like to know that there is one law of the universe that works very reliably: the law of cause and effect.
Don’t believe me? No worries, my left-brained friend. This idea is easy to prove.
If you stand in front of a hot stove and you place your hand firmly on the burner, what will happen? You’ll get burned, of course.
If you drop something heavy over your foot, it will fall and hurt your foot. If you follow the directions accurately to make a cake, you’re guaranteed to receive a cake at the end. Even Buddhism covers the topic of cause and effect thoroughly.
As it turns out, the law of cause and effect may be the most universal law of all.
How the law of cause and effect can help you:
Know that what you do and say and feel are ultimately the controlling factors.
This is great news. All you have to do is take the appropriate actions and you’ll get the results you desire. Thoughts can dictate your actions, but the power of your thoughts is only seen when you take action.
The Universe is NOT against you. Success and failure aren’t personal.
If you bake a cake, the cake turns out the same, regardless of your education, skin color, religion, or favorite sports team. Mixing the proper ingredients in the proper amounts and baking for the proper duration at the proper temperature are the only factors that matter.
You aren’t doomed to be a failure at anything. If you follow the success recipe for any endeavor in life, you’ll be successful.
Most outcomes are pretty logical.
Over time, you reap what you sow. If you’re kind to people, you can expect that most people will be kind to you. Mistreating people on a regular basis yields different results.
- Eating too many cakes brings obvious results, too.
- Preparing and studying for exams brings good results. The failure to do so brings opposite results.
- It doesn’t matter if you believe the universe is out to punish you. The outcome from your actions will still be the same.
All of this suggests that thoughts aren’t relevant, right?
Well, that’s not exactly true. See, while you can successfully bake a cake while holding thoughts that your cake will never bake properly, you won’t try if your thoughts are too negative.
You bring about what you think about, people. So remember that having positive thoughts makes the required actions possible in order to meet your goal.
TIP: Negative thoughts can be a blocker to taking advantage of the law of cause and effect.
3 Super-Simple Ways to Make the law of cause and effect work for you:
1. Understand the cause and effect of relationships when it comes to your goal or desire. What actions are most likely to lead to the results you desire? Do some research and be certain. Find the those who are knowledgeable in your area and ask questions.
2. Take inspired action and move toward the goal. Remind yourself that if you take the proper actions, your results are guaranteed. Monitor your thoughts and ensure they’re not holding you back.
3. Keep going. Consistently taking the actions that have led others to success will carry you to the same destination. Expect that success will take time. Trust that your actions will be enough. Perseverance is powerful.
Even if success has eluded you in the past, you can rely on the law of cause and effect to hold true. Focus on taking the actions that lead to your desired outcome. Remember, no one has ever followed a cake recipe and received an apple pie from their efforts.
When it comes to the law of attraction, you get what you expect. When it comes to the law of cause and effect, you get the results you deserve.
One last thing: Believe, Achieve and Receive
Don’t let anyone fool you into believing that wishful thinking will hand you a cake – inspired action is always necessary. But remember that it shouldn’t feel like “work;” rather, you should feel energized, excited and focused when you are taking inspired action. That’s how you’ll know you’re on the right track.