Okay, so you’ve had a bad day. Something didn’t go how you expected it to go, or maybe something terrible happened. Either way, and no matter what, you can wake up tomorrow with a whole new perspective on life, and it is so much more simple than you imagine. I feel you. Narcissistic abuse recovery is hard. But don’t give up, my friend.
Just remember this bit of advice from a wise (but unfortunately ‘unknown’) author.
“On particularly rough days when I’m sure I can’t possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far, is 100% and that’s pretty good.”
One more thing before you turn in for the night. Tomorrow’s a new day, and you can start fresh.
Get some sleep, and before you rest, read the following and contemplate it as you fall asleep tonight. Read it again in the morning before you start your day. Ready?
In the Morning
When you wake up in the morning, remind yourself that this is an opportunity to start over again with a whole new perspective.
Remind yourself that today is a new day, and you get to decide how it all goes down.
Focus only on this day.
Ask yourself: Who do I want to be today?
Who do I want to present to the world, and who do I want to be on the inside? Are those two people the same? And if not, why not?
What are my three biggest goals, and what one thing can I do today to get one step closer to each of them?
Remind yourself: A positive attitude results in positive experiences.
Bad Day/Crisis Playlist
So, I’m getting ready to launch a new platform for survivors of narcissistic abuse to recover in a more private and secure group setting, and as part of the launch, I reached out to survey you – check out the survey right here, if you haven’t yet. While I’ll be implementing LOTS of the amazing ideas you are sending me, I decided to start with this one that came from one of our fellow survivors.
Here’s a simple video playlist – one aimed a helping you get through a bad day or a moment of crisis. Here it is – would love to know your thoughts and suggestions for more ways I can serve you better! If you’ve got thoughts you’d like to share with me, please take this survey and let me know.
Affirmations to Help You Have a Better Day
Read the following affirmations, either out loud or to yourself. Choose your favorite one or two and carry them with you throughout the day.
- Each day, I see the benefits of maintaining a positive attitude. I realize that being positive results in better outcomes for me. When I am optimistic, it is easier for me to find solutions to challenges.
- My mind is ticking with creativity because I am positive. I realize that when I look on the bright side, I can think clearly and accomplish more.
- My relationships with those around me are stronger when I keep an open mind. I take the time to listen to their points of view. This approach results in better collaboration and mutual respect.
- Keeping a positive outlook ensures that I avoid getting frazzled. When I feel frustration mounting, I remind myself that I am free to choose how to respond.
- Being positive helps me to be patient. It helps me prepare to meet my long term goals.
- I avoid allowing my lack of experience to prevent me from applying for new jobs. Even when I have less experience than other candidates, I believe in my abilities.
- Every positive experience affirms that being positive is the best way to move forward.
- Today, I vow to live a life full of positivity. I attest to the power of positive thinking because I see its impact on my life. I commit to encouraging others around me to live the same way.
Answer these questions in your journal or just consider them as you meditate today.
1. Why do disappointments sometimes cause me to lose hope?
2. When the outcome to a situation is unfavorable, how quickly am I able to find an alternative?
3. How does having a positive attitude help to develop other positive traits in me?
- Narcissistic Abuse and Isolation: Feeling Alone in a Crowd
- Introducing the DUO Method of Healing from Narcissistic Abuse
- Believe it or not: This is THE Most Soul-Crushing Part of Narcissistic Abuse
- Lonely After Narcissistic Abuse? How to Make New Friends AND Keep the Old
- Therapists, Countertransference and Narcissistic Abuse Recovery
- Why Therapy Might Not Always Work for Narcissistic Abuse Recovery
- Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Therapist? Why traditional therapy for narcissistic abuse doesn’t work
- Self-Esteem Test, Plus 10 Self-Confidence Tips for Narcissistic Abuse Recovery