Okay, so you’ve had a bad day. Something didn’t go how you expected it to go, or maybe something terrible happened. Either way, and no matter what, you can wake up tomorrow with a whole new perspective on life, and it is so much more simple than you imagine.
Just remember this bit of advice from a wise (but unfortunately ‘unknown’) author.
“On particularly rough days when I’m sure I can’t possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far, is 100% and that’s pretty good.”
One more thing before you turn in for the night. Tomorrow’s a new day, and you can start fresh.
Get some sleep, and before you rest, read the following and contemplate it as you fall asleep tonight. Read it again in the morning before you start your day. Ready?
In the Morning
When you wake up in the morning, remind yourself that this is an opportunity to start over again with a whole new perspective.
Remind yourself that today is a new day, and you get to decide how it all goes down.
Focus only on this day.
Ask yourself: Who do I want to be today?
Who do I want to present to the world, and who do I want to be on the inside? Are those two people the same? And if not, why not?
What are my three biggest goals, and what one thing can I do today to get one step closer to each of them?
Remind yourself: A positive attitude results in positive experiences.
Read the following affirmations, either out loud or to yourself.
- Each day, I see the benefits of maintaining a positive attitude. I realize that being positive results in better outcomes for me. When I am optimistic, it is easier for me to find solutions to challenges.
- My mind is ticking with creativity because I am positive. I realize that when I look on the bright side, I can think clearly and accomplish more.
- My relationships with those around me are stronger when I keep an open mind. I take the time to listen to their points of view. This approach results in better collaboration and mutual respect.
- Keeping a positive outlook ensures that I avoid getting frazzled. When I feel frustration mounting, I remind myself that I am free to choose how to respond.
- Being positive helps me to be patient. It helps me prepare to meet my long term goals.
- I avoid allowing my lack of experience to prevent me from applying for new jobs. Even when I have less experience than other candidates, I believe in my abilities.
- Every positive experience affirms that being positive is the best way to move forward.
- Today, I vow to live a life full of positivity. I attest to the power of positive thinking because I see its impact on my life. I commit to encouraging others around me to live the same way.
1. Why do disappointments sometimes cause me to lose hope?
2. When the outcome to a situation is unfavorable, how quickly am I able to find an alternative?
3. How does having a positive attitude help to develop other positive traits in me?
Angela Atkinson is a Certified Life Coach and the author of more than 20 books on narcissism, narcissistic abuse recovery and related topics. A recognized expert on narcissism and narcissistic personality disorder who has studied and written extensively on narcissistic relationships since 2006, Atkinson was inspired to begin her work as a result of having survived toxic relationships of her own.
Atkinson offers trauma-informed coaching and has certifications in life coaching, level 2 therapeutic model, CBT coaching, integrative wellness coaching, and NLP. She is a certified trauma support coach and certified family trauma professional. She also has a professional PTSD counseling certification. Her mission is to help those who have experienced the emotional and mental devastation that comes with narcissistic abuse in these incredibly toxic relationships to (re)discover their true selves, stop the gaslighting and manipulation and move forward into their genuine desires – into a life that is exactly what they choose for themselves.
Along with her solution-focused life coaching experience, Atkinson’s previous career in journalism and research helps her to offer both accurate and understandable information for survivors of abuse in a simple-to-understand way that helps to increase awareness in the narcissistic abuse recovery community. Atkinson founded QueenBeeing.com Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support, the SPANily Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support Groups and the Life Makeover Academy. In her life coaching practice, Atkinson’s clients enjoy her personalized approach that allows and encourages them to become the best possible versions of themselves and to succeed in doing what they love most. She offers individual and group coaching for victims and survivors of narcissistic abuse at NarcissisticAbuseRecovery.Online and NarcissismSupportCoach.com.