What is NPD? A Brief History of Narcissistic Personality Disorder
Here’s a brief history of narcissistic personality disorder that will take you back thousands of years to the very first mention of narcissism (yeah, we’re talking about Narcissus), and Angie and the rest of the ragtag bunch will take you through the centuries to today’s official DSM diagnostic criteria of NPD or narcissistic personality disorder. Featuring the theories of Sigmund Freud, among other psychoanalysts and psychiatrists. Might offer some insight into the psychology of NPD, including gaslighting and more.
Start Getting Help with Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Today
Did you know? Online help is readily available for survivors of narcissistic abuse. Here are some options to begin healing from narcissistic abuse right away.
- Sign up for our free email newsletter service that includes a free guided recovery experience via your inbox.
- Start your narcissistic abuse recovery here with our free narcissistic abuse recovery support system and program.
- Think you might have C-PTSD but you’re not sure? Take our free C-PTSD Self-Assessment.
- Join one of our free online narcissistic abuse recovery support groups!
- Join one of our private small coaching groups!
- Get private, one-on-one narcissistic abuse recovery coaching or counseling.
- Get a therapist who will work with you online. Check out our guide to finding a therapist or psychologist who understands narcissism and narcissistic abuse.
Read about narcissistic abuse recovery
- Read my book, “The Ultimate Toxic Relationship Survival Guide for Victims and Survivors of Narcissistic Abuse“
- Take the Narcissistic Personality Inventory Test Here
- Why Narcissists Are Often Misdiagnosed With Bipolar Disorder
- Secrets and Self-Loathing: Identifying a Covert Narcissist
- Toxic Relationships and Narcissism: Stages of Gaslighting
- Are you married to a narcissist? 12 easy ways to spot
- Why are narcissists so easily bored all the time? Narcissistic Personality Disorder FAQ
- Is there a cure for NPD?