Sure, butter is good for toast and cooking, but did you know it’s also a multi-purpose item?
Here are some facts about butter and its many uses that might just shock you.
- Untangle your daintiest necklaces. Butter a knotted chain, especially a delicate one, and use a pin to untangle it. Wash in soapy water and you’re done.
- Lubricate a big pill or tablet. Makes it easy to swallow pills! Put a little butter on a pill before you choke it down! It’ll slide right down your throat like…well, you know.
- Get tree sap off of your car windows (and out of your clothing!). Same deal – apply butter with a soft cloth, wash the affected area – bam! Sap is zapped.
- Get gum out of your hair. It also works as a conditioner – bonus! (Peanut butter works well for this too!).
- Strengthen and moisturize your nails. Rub a bit of butter into each cuticle and put cotton gloves on before you sleep. When you wake up, your nails will be a little stronger and less likely to crack, thanks to the proteins from the butter. Plus, your cuticles will be much softer.
- Temporary WD-40. If you’re out of WD-40, butter will work in a snap to get rid of a creaky door hinge.
- Get a stuck ring unstuck from your finger. If your fingers are swollen and your rings won’t come off, butter can make it happen – just use it as a lubricant, preferably cold from the fridge.
- In place of shaving cream. Butter is an ideal way to get a close shave in a pinch. It’ll leave your skin soft and smooth too – it’s even recommended for foot massage.
- Gets ink off plastic stuff. Like Barbie dolls and whatnot.
- To brush your teeth. Some butter enthusiasts actually use butter in place of toothpaste. (I don’t recommend it, personally, but to each her own!).
What are your best “butter hacks?” Share your thoughts and ideas in the comments, below.
Angela Atkinson is a certified trauma counselor and the author of more than 20 books on narcissism, narcissistic abuse recovery, and related topics. A recognized expert on narcissism and narcissistic personality disorder who has studied and written extensively on narcissistic personality disorder and narcissistic abuse in toxic relationships since 2006, she has a popular narcissistic abuse recovery YouTube channel. Atkinson was inspired to begin her work as a result of having survived toxic relationships of her own.
Atkinson offers trauma-informed narcissistic abuse recovery coaching and has certifications in trauma counseling, life coaching, level 2 therapeutic model, CBT coaching, integrative wellness coaching, and NLP. She is a certified trauma support coach and certified family trauma professional. She also has a professional PTSD counseling certification. Her mission is to help those who have experienced the emotional and mental devastation that comes with narcissistic abuse in these incredibly toxic relationships to (re)discover their true selves, stop the gaslighting and manipulation, and move forward into their genuine desires – into a life that is exactly what they choose for themselves.
Along with her solution-focused life coaching experience, Atkinson’s previous career in journalism and research helps her to offer both accurate and understandable information for survivors of abuse in a simple-to-understand way that helps to increase awareness in the narcissistic abuse recovery community. Atkinson founded QueenBeeing.com Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support, the SPANily Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support Groups and the Life Makeover Academy.
She offers individual and group coaching for victims and survivors of narcissistic abuse at NarcissisticAbuseRecovery.Online.