Researchers say that people who lie, cheat and act without empathy are more likely to get into gambling problems. And because they also tend not to use strategies that would keep them safe from such problems, those issues are made worse.
All of that makes them more likely to ruin their own lives and the lives of anyone unfortunate enough to be close to them, including their closest sources of narcissistic supply.
Points of Note
- Psychological researchers have found a link between gambling and psychopathy.
- The psychology of psychopaths is so complicated to understand that many scientists have made careers studying them.
- Researchers have found that psychopaths process language differently from other people, likely due both to genetic factors and early exposure.
- Problem gamblers tend to lack empathy for others and are more likely than other people to become untrustworthy.
- The combination of these traits often leads narcissists to make choices that ruin their own lives and hurt those around them.
Resources for Psychopathic, Sociopathic & Narcissistic Abuse Recovery
- Online help is readily available for survivors of narcissistic abuse. Here are some options to begin healing from narcissistic abuse right away.
- Sign up for our free email newsletter service that includes a free guided recovery experience via your inbox.
- Start your narcissistic abuse recovery here with our free support system and program.
- Join one of our free online narcissistic abuse recovery support groups!
- Join one of our private small coaching groups! (NEW groups offer person-to-person talks 3x each week, plus DM support all week. AKA: regular. life-changing support)
- Get our narcissistic abuse recovery app!
- Get private, one-on-one narcissistic abuse recovery coaching or counseling.
- Get a therapist who will work with you online. Check out our guide to finding a therapist or psychologist who understands narcissism and narcissistic abuse.