BlissFIreMedia is so excited to announce the launch of a brand new website to help you with your weight loss goals! It’s called Project Be Healthy! To celebrate, Angie is offering three of her premium weight loss books for FREE through Amazon.com! Check out these ebooks and grab your copies while they’re FREE! The promotion ends on July 27, 2018. Be sure to join the Facebook event for more freebies on launch day: Monday, July 23!
Have you ever heard of “Meatless Mondays” before? Despite popular belief, it’s not a new invention. In fact, going meatless was encouraged during World War I and II, when rationing meat and other staples became part of the overall war effort. (more…)
Happy Holidays to all of my QueenBeeing readers and subscribers! I know how crazy this time of year can be for those of us who have to keep an eye on our figures, so I put together a little something for you, with the help of my friend and fitness expert Jamie Paretti! (more…)
If you’re looking for quick and simple life hacks you can use to lose weight and feel healthier, you’re in luck. And if you’re looking to save money too? You’re going to love today’s post.
Weight Loss Hack #79: Eat In-Season and Shave Pounds Off Your Body and Dollars Off Your Budget at the Same Time!
Eating seasonal foods is a healthier choice. You can eat in season by selecting food that is growing at the same time you’re shopping.
Tips for Eating In-Season Foods
Eating in-season foods is a wise decision that helps you strengthen your health and save money.
Consider these facts about seasonal foods:
1. Eating in season adds variety to your diet. Eating fresh, in-season foods exposes you to new fruits and vegetables, expanding your repertoire of nutrients and flavors in your meals. Variety is crucial to a well-rounded diet. Experts agree that variety is important for health because your body needs many different nutrients.
2. Local, seasonal food has more nutrients. Food starts losing nutrients the minute it’s picked. With in-season produce, the reduction in time from farm to table keeps the nutrient levels high. Additionally, foods that have to travel long distances are usually covered in chemicals to help preserve them.
3. In-season foods are less expensive. You can save money on your grocery bill every week by taking advantage of seasonal foods.
4. Seasonal food tastes better. Experts can’t agree on a single answer for why food tastes better in-season. A couple of factors, though, contribute to the good taste:
- Being able to wait and pick the food when it’s ripe naturally makes it taste better.
- Not having to travel a long distance cuts down on the time between when it’s harvested to the moment you eat it. So fewer chemicals are needed to preserve it.
Budget-Friendly Tips for Eating Healthy
These tips will help you discover a variety of foods that are healthy, budget-friendly, and in season:
1. Talk to your store manager. Shopping blindly isn’t the answer. You’ll benefit from asking questions and figuring out exactly which items are in season. Grocery store managers can provide you with helpful information on eating in season. They can help you pick out the freshest items and educate you about eating healthier.
2. Visit local farmers’ markets and talk to the farmers. Your local farmers’ markets are valuable sources of both food and information.
* Take a stroll through your local market and you’ll see fresh produce at every turn. This is a good way to learn more about what is being grown in season in your area and to stock up on fresh food.
3. Consider these seasonal foods:
* Spring. During spring, you can find a variety of greens. Spring is the perfect time to find fresh greens such as spinach, lettuce and others. Leafy green vegetables are a healthy addition to your diet and don’t add a huge amount of calories.
* Summer. During summer, look for berries and other fruits. Foods like strawberries and plums are a healthy addition to your diet during the summer.
* Fall. During fall, focus on vegetables and favorites like cranberries. The fall brings out beets, carrots, corn, eggplant, potatoes, and garlic.
* Winter. During winter, you can still find many vegetables, so your diet can stay healthy. Consider shopping for kale, broccoli, squash, turnips, and potatoes.
Eat healthier by adjusting your shopping habits to include seasonal foods. You’ll like the way you feel!
As we near the middle of November, some of us are already considering our New Years’ Resolutions. (more…)
NEW YORK, NY (October 19, 2015) – Oprah Winfrey and Weight Watchers International, Inc. (NYSE: WTW) have joined together in a groundbreaking partnership to inspire people around the world to lead a healthier and more fulfilling life. Winfrey was compelled by the proven Weight Watchers program combined with new initiatives to broaden the company’s mission to prioritize overall health and wellness. As a part of this long-term partnership, Winfrey is making a substantial equity investment in the company and is joining the Board of Directors, bringing her insight to future products and programs.
“Weight Watchers has given me the tools to begin to make the lasting shift that I and so many of us who are struggling with weight have longed for,” said Oprah Winfrey. “I believe in the program so much I decided to invest in the company and partner in its evolution.”
“We are expanding our purpose from focusing on weight loss alone to more broadly helping people lead a healthier, happier life,” said Jim Chambers, President and CEO, Weight Watchers International, Inc. “Through our conversations, it became clear that there is tremendous alignment between Oprah’s intention and our mission. We believe that her remarkable ability to connect and inspire people to realize their full potential is uniquely complementary to our powerful community, extraordinary coaches and proven approach.”
Winfrey’s roles at Weight Watchers will include:
- Member – Winfrey has joined the program and will candidly share her experiences and perspective along the way.
- Board Member and Adviser – Winfrey will bring insight and strategy to program development and execution that reflects not only her own experiences as a member, but also her unique ability to inspire and connect people to live their best lives.
- Owner – Winfrey will purchase newly issued shares representing 10% of the shares outstanding and will receive options to acquire an additional 5% of the fully diluted shares.
“Weight Watchers and Oprah Winfrey make a powerful combination,” said Ray Debbane, Chairman of the Board of Directors, Weight Watchers International, Inc. “Oprah is a force of nature in connecting with people on a very personal level to live inspired lives. This partnership will accelerate our transformation and will meaningfully expand our ability to impact many millions of people worldwide.”
# # #
About Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Weight Watchers International, Inc. is the world’s leading commercial provider of weight management services, operating globally through a network of Company-owned and franchise operations. Weight Watchers holds more than 36,000 meetings each week where members receive group support and learn about healthy eating patterns, behavior modification and physical activity. Weight Watchers provides innovative, digital weight management products through its websites, mobile sites and apps. Weight Watchers is the leading provider of online subscription weight management products in the world. In addition, Weight Watchers offers a wide range of products, publications and programs for those interested in weight loss and weight control.