It’s just about time to start taking those post-holiday cruises, and if you’re like me, you’re ready for a new swimsuit. I remember when I was plus-sized, it was so much more difficult to find the right suit for my body–I always felt like just skipping the beach or the pool.
But part of our Whole Life Fix Movement is to stop waiting until we meet our goals and start living NOW–so just forget about waiting to buy your swimsuit until you are a size 3. Get on it now–and get on with the business of living.
The fact is that plus size fashions have come a long way from the days of shapeless tent dresses and stretchy pants with elastic waistbands.
Now that there are more exciting choices and selections than ever, it’s easy to look and feel amazing, no matter what your size.
And when it comes to selecting plus-size swimsuits, there’s so much to consider–but
Exotic prints, stripes, solid colors, delicate prints – the sky is the limit today when choosing plus size swimwear fashions.
Tips for Buying the Most Flattering Swimsuit for Your Body Type
1. For shorter bodies try vertical stripes, this can visually add length to your body
2. Enhance the length of your legs with a high cut thigh
3. Look for solid chest support with under wires and padding
4. For a one piece suit, pay attention to the body length. You want a comfortable fit, too short and you will find the suit digging into your shoulders
5. Look for wide shoulder straps–they provide more support and comfort
6. Dark colors such as black have a nice, slimming effect
7. For larger tummies, try a two piece tankini–they are fashionable, comfy and fun! Try the Shore Club Mohegan Plus Size Tab Front Tankini Top.
8. Look for swimsuit styles that offer extra tummy control
9. Try skirted bottoms to camouflage heavy thighs and bottoms
10. Pareo wraps and sarongs not only cover problems areas, they are also quite stylish
Two key features to look for when shopping for swimwear is size and comfort. You will want to choose a size that best fits you. If your swimsuit is a size too small, bulges will show.
If you plan on being active in your swimwear, such as participating in water sports, a one piece suit or a fitted tankini are popular choices.
Black and white polka-dots are a classic look that’s always in style–and the traditional print is back this season with a vengeance. Which of these polka-dotted plus-sized swimsuits would you wear for cruise season?
Hot Deal of the Day: Swimsuits for All
I think it’s adorable–I’d totally wear it under the right circumstances. Like on the deck of a cruise ship headed to the tropics…but anyway…I digress.
This stylish little number is called the Lavender Dots Peplum Tank Swimsuit, and it’s designed by Longitude. It even comes in my size–and goes all the way up through plus sizes.
That little peplum will hide a multitude of bodily sins–a c-section belly, for example, or a slightly flabby bottom–and it’ll make your waist look tiny.
Get it cheap–along with tons of other looks: Free Ground Shipping! Use Coupon Code FREEGROUNDSHIP1234. Shop Now! (For U.S. Customers Only)