This is it! Today is the first day of our challenge, and I hope you’re ready to roll! Let’s do this. Here are the rules of the challenge for your convenience. And don’t forget, today by the end of the day you should have:
- Weighed yourself and recorded the weight.
- Joined our secret challenge group on Facebook (you can find the link in your email once you’ve signed up for the Dare to Bare Challenge .
- Visited the secret challenge group and posted an introduction of yourself.
- Exercised/intentionally moved for at least 60 minutes.
- Tracked your food. (Your choice on how—here’s how I like to do it!)
- Reviewed the challenge rules (below) and begun keeping track of your points.
- Had plenty of water to drink. I like to drink at least 64 ounces each day—more on heavy workout days.
By the end of the week, you should take your “before” pictures—the sooner the better. Keep an eye out for upcoming Bliss Missions and Fit Missions too!
Optional: Get a Leg Up in the Competition With Bella Vi
Because MTM Body and Project Blissful are both all about paying it forward, there is no fee to participate in the challenge. However, participants are encouraged to use the MTM Body supplements during the challenge. These supplements are all natural and formulated from a proprietary blend of specialized herbs that were designed to fire up your metabolism, suppress your appetite and curb sugar cravings. Plus, they’ll help detox your body, boost your energy levels, enhance concentration and alertness and accelerate fat loss.
“The powerful combination of natural plants allows you to lose weight without sacrificing your favorite foods,” MTM Body tell us. “You don’t need to change your daily habits to lose weight with. You will lose weight safely without the use of dangerous chemicals, stimulants and additives.”
If you join our group challenge and choose to use the Bella Vi supplements, you’ll qualify for our special 10 percent group discount! Plus, you’ll have the chance to win free supplements doing the event.
Opportunities for Prizes
- Weekly Prize Opportunities—There will be a minimum of two weekly prize opportunities for active participants. Winners will be selected on a number of factors, including points and participation levels.
- Overall Prize Opportunity—One overall winner will receive a special prize pack from MTM Body. The winner will be selected based on the amount of points reported during the challenge, as well as the submission of before and after photos*.
- Second, third and runner-up prizes will also be awarded. Everyone who successfully completes the challenge will receive, at minimum, a certificate of completion and, we hope, the gift of several new and supportive fitness-minded friends. Most importantly, we hope each participant finds a new sense of self and a renewed zest for life as they get healthier during the challenge.
*Please note: When you submit your before/after photos, they remain your property and you continue to have all ownership rights. However, we reserve the right to use them in our publications at our discretion, as we see fit.
Six Ways to Earn Points
Participants will receive points each week for the duration of the challenge. Points can be earned by staying on track with your personal diet (eating healthy), exercising, drinking enough water, tracking your food and completing Bliss and Fitness Missions, among other things. This is about creating healthy habits—not just losing weight! Sometimes you will have opportunities to earn double points.
Please note: It is up to you to keep track of your points. We ask that everyone in the challenge be bound to a code of honesty, and we’ll expect to see your progress in the form of before and after photos, to be submitted no later than midnight on Wednesday, October 28, 2013. In addition, we will check the points for the commenting, encouragement (when possible) and the Facebook and private group comments.
- Workout Points (up to 4 per day—15 minutes=one point)—We suggest that you exercise 5 days per week. While you may exercise more often, you’ll only get points for up to 5 days in order to make it fair for all participants.
- Sugarfree Points (up to one per day—one day of no sugar=one point)—We suggest that you limit your intake of sugar during the challenge, but we are big proponents of a “free day” each week. That’s why you can get points for up to six days of not eating sugar.
- Food Tracking Points (up to five per day—each meal and snack=one point)—Although we love a “free day” as much as the next bunch of fitness fanatics, we still think it’s a good idea to journal your food on that day. That’s why you can earn points for up to seven days of food journaling/food tracking.
- Participation Points (up to 3 per day—each post or comment in the private challenge group=one point)—We would love to see you commenting more often, but we’ll give you up to three points per day to participate.
- Comment Points (up to 3 per day—each comment on the MTM Body blog or the Project Blissful blog=one point)—Anytime you leave a meaningful comment (no spam please) on the Project Blissful blog or the MTM Body blog during the challenge, we’ll give you a point. Up to three points per day.
- Encouragement Points (up to five per day—each friend contact=one point)—We believe that support is the best way to get and stay healthy, especially when you’re trying to lose weight. That’s why during the challenge, we’ll give you one point per day, up to five, for each challenge member you reach out to and encourage to stay on track. This can be in the form of a phone call (if you know the member personally), an email or Facebook message, or a response to a comment or question in the private Facebook group. Other forms of encouragement may also be accepted.
- Weight Loss Points (as earned—one pound=10 points)—As long as you maintain your weight for the week, you’ll get an automatic point. If you lose any weight, you’ll get ten points for each pound loss from your original starting weight.
Dare to Bare Admin—Who Keeps Track of the Points?
Our ‘Dare to Bare’ (DTB) administrator is Angela Atkinson, founding editor at Project Blissful. You’ll email your weekly points tally to Angela at email@example.com with the subject title ‘Weekly DTB Points for (Your Name),” and Angela will keep a spreadsheet of everyone’s points.
Please note: All points must be submitted by midnight on each Monday during the challenge. Anyone who fails to submit points by midnight on Monday will forfeit any points earned for that week.
Angela Atkinson is a Certified Life Coach and the author of more than 20 books on narcissism, narcissistic abuse recovery and related topics. A recognized expert on narcissism and narcissistic personality disorder who has studied and written extensively on narcissistic relationships since 2006, Atkinson was inspired to begin her work as a result of having survived toxic relationships of her own.
Atkinson offers trauma-informed coaching and has certifications in life coaching, level 2 therapeutic model, CBT coaching, integrative wellness coaching, and NLP. She is a certified trauma support coach and certified family trauma professional. She also has a professional PTSD counseling certification. Her mission is to help those who have experienced the emotional and mental devastation that comes with narcissistic abuse in these incredibly toxic relationships to (re)discover their true selves, stop the gaslighting and manipulation and move forward into their genuine desires – into a life that is exactly what they choose for themselves.
Along with her solution-focused life coaching experience, Atkinson’s previous career in journalism and research helps her to offer both accurate and understandable information for survivors of abuse in a simple-to-understand way that helps to increase awareness in the narcissistic abuse recovery community. Atkinson founded QueenBeeing.com Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support, the SPANily Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support Groups and the Life Makeover Academy. In her life coaching practice, Atkinson’s clients enjoy her personalized approach that allows and encourages them to become the best possible versions of themselves and to succeed in doing what they love most. She offers individual and group coaching for victims and survivors of narcissistic abuse at NarcissisticAbuseRecovery.Online and NarcissismSupportCoach.com.