We all know someone who seems just have it better than we do. Whether we think someone has a better relationship, a nicer home or vehicle, better-behaved kids, a better job or a flatter stomach, some people seem to have more positivity in their lives than others, right?
They overflow with goodness and abundance, and whether you admire them or envy them, you want to know their secret, because you want your life to be “better” too.
Maybe you figure these lucky people who seem to have so much spiritually, physically and emotionally are just lucky.
Good things just happen to them–they’ve got some special connection or guardian angel or whatever.
But guess what, y’all? There’s no secret club here–by its very nature, abundance is, well, abundant. There’s plenty to go around.
That means that you can have what you want, too. And, even better, there are specific actions you can take to attract positivity and invite more prosperity into your own life.
Start by dealing with your “stuff.”
- Get your stuff in order. When you keep your stuff organized everyday living is easier and less stressful. There’s a place for everything and everything is in its place. This leaves room in your life for abundance.
- Throw out old stuff. If you don’t use it or love it anymore, get rid of it. Clear out clothing, appliances, gadgets and anything else you no longer need. Things that are old, broken, or unable to be cleaned up properly are just taking up space you could use for something that has more value to you.
- Give away some stuff. Whether you pass along magazines you’ve already looked at or clothing that no longer fits, spread some of the abundance you have already. When you give to others, your heart opens up and good things can more easily make their way into your life.
- Put your stuff away–a place for everything, and everything in its place. Provide each of your cherished items with a “home” within your home. When you take care of what you have, you’re acknowledging and showing respect for the abundance that’s already in your life.
- Use the stuff you have. Take advantage of the items you’ve collected over the years. You obviously see them as having value, so why not put them to good use? You’ll feel more positive about life and will get in touch with the abundance you already have when you make use of your stuff.
- Stop buying stuff you don’t need. Make a vow to avoid compulsively buying the next new gadget. If you always want the latest item on the market, look inside yourself and see what that’s all about. Also, remind yourself of all the “stuff” you’ve accumulated that you don’t use. After all, they were at one time the next new thing. Take some time to figure out how you feel whenever you want to buy another new item. Recognize that you’ll hamper your efforts to invite abundance into your life if you keep spending money frivolously on random stuff.
- Ask yourself what “stuff” you really need in your life right now. Learn to distinguish between “wants” and “needs.” If you do, you’ll find it actually takes very little to live a good life with purpose and abundance. As you learn to determine when you actually need something, you’ll experience more confidence in your own abilities to usher in abundance.
Who knew that you could invite abundance in your life just by dealing with your “stuff?”
Bottom line: Whatever route you take to get there, the fact is that there’s no magic secret to happiness. Anyone can cultivate it.
As you begin to truly cherish your “stuff” and take care of your home, you’ll find yourself loving your world and your circumstances more than ever.
That means that your mind will be in tune with abundance and attract more of the same. You’ll begin living the abundant life of which you’ve always dreamed.
Angela Atkinson is a Certified Life Coach and the author of more than 20 books on narcissism, narcissistic abuse recovery and related topics. A recognized expert on narcissism and narcissistic personality disorder who has studied and written extensively on narcissistic relationships since 2006, Atkinson was inspired to begin her work as a result of having survived toxic relationships of her own.
Atkinson offers trauma-informed coaching and has certifications in life coaching, level 2 therapeutic model, CBT coaching, integrative wellness coaching, and NLP. She is a certified trauma support coach and certified family trauma professional. She also has a professional PTSD counseling certification. Her mission is to help those who have experienced the emotional and mental devastation that comes with narcissistic abuse in these incredibly toxic relationships to (re)discover their true selves, stop the gaslighting and manipulation and move forward into their genuine desires – into a life that is exactly what they choose for themselves.
Along with her solution-focused life coaching experience, Atkinson’s previous career in journalism and research helps her to offer both accurate and understandable information for survivors of abuse in a simple-to-understand way that helps to increase awareness in the narcissistic abuse recovery community. Atkinson founded QueenBeeing.com Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support, the SPANily Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support Groups and the Life Makeover Academy. In her life coaching practice, Atkinson’s clients enjoy her personalized approach that allows and encourages them to become the best possible versions of themselves and to succeed in doing what they love most. She offers individual and group coaching for victims and survivors of narcissistic abuse at NarcissisticAbuseRecovery.Online and NarcissismSupportCoach.com.