Helpful Videos for People in the Discovery Phase
What is the definition of a toxic narcissist?
It’s confusing for a lot of people, because people think being narcissistic means you take a bunch of selfies and care about how you look. But that’s not necessarily a toxic narcissist – the fact is that every human alive has a certain amount of narcissism in their makeup – it’s self-interest. It’s what makes us get up and get ourselves dressed, feed ourselves, get jobs, get married, have kids – it’s the part of us that prevents us from just giving up entirely. But a toxic narcissist (or a person with NPD), is someone who has no ability to empathize with other people and who treats the people closest to him accordingly.
Helpful Support Groups
- Toxic Narcissism in Relationships: Top 10 Warning Signs You’re Being Gaslighted
- Narcissistic Rage and Narcissistic Injury: What You Need to Know
- How Self-Proclaimed Narcissist Sam Vaknin Gaslighted Me on Facebook
- Are you married to a narcissist? 12 easy ways to know for sure
- Exposed! 10 Shocking Facts Your Narcissist Doesn’t Want You to Know
- Broken Eggshells: The real reason you haven’t already left your narcissist
- Twisted Toxic Love: Inside the Distorted Mind of a Narcissist
- Are you being gaslighted? 10 things you need to know
- Toxic Relationships and Narcissism: Know the Stages of Gaslighting
- The Narcissistic Flip: Why and how it’s always your fault
- Shocking Truth: This is Why Even Very Smart People Can Be Gaslighted
- Toxic Love: 44 warning signs that you’re being emotionally abused
- Let’s Talk About You: 10 Signs YOU Might Be a Narcissist
- 101 Struggles Only Narcissistic Abuse Victims and Survivors Will Understand
- Surviving Narcissistic Abuse: 65 Things You Might Say to Your Narcissist If You Could
- Believe it or not: This is THE Most Soul-Crushing Part of Narcissistic Abuse
- Answered: Does taking selfies make you a TOXIC narcissist? – Go Ask Angie
- Why Narcissists Are Often Misdiagnosed With Bipolar Disorder
- Narcissistic Abuse Recovery: Should you warn the new ‘supply’ about the narcissist?
- Toxic Relationship Recovery: Find Your Inner Strength After Narcissistic Abuse