Dear DTB Challengers,
Happy Monday, friends! It’s that time again! Let’s do our weekly check-in on our Project Blissful and MTM Body Dare-to-Bare 8-Week Challenge.
(Note: If you haven’t already joined the challenge, it’s not too late. Sign up right here–it’s free. Or, learn more about the challenge first, right here. )
News: It’s Beautiful Women Week!
This week is Beautiful Women Week at Project Blissful and MTM Body. We are seeking beautiful women of all shapes, sizes, races and ages to participate! Would you or would someone you know like to get involved?
Would you like to nominate someone who could use a boost in self-esteem? Help us celebrate REAL WOMEN this week!
Comment here or email me at email@example.com with the subject line “Beautiful Women.”
Fitness instructor and MTM Body founder Jamie Paretti received a huge compliment last week when fitness model Ashton Taylor posted that she found Jamie’s fitness classes the hardest of any classes at any gym she’s ever taken. Congrats Jamie and keep up the awesome work!
How are you doing?
Answer the following questions in your personal notebook or on your blog, in the comments section here, or in the private Challenge Group on Facebook (contact me to request an invite if you haven’t already received one).
1. Are you getting in your 30-to-60-minute workouts each day? What kind of workouts are you doing? If you need help finding a workout that works for you, reach out here or in the private group, and we’ll offer ideas and suggestions. I also have a bunch of free workout videos here on the site, if you are interested.
2. Are you drinking enough water? You need to stay hydrated to stay healthy, and there are lots of other benefits to drinking your water each day. Click to find out why drinking water matters and get tips on how to get it done each day.
3. Are you tracking your progress? You may choose to track your progress any way you like, but I suggest you consider tracking what you eat and how much you weigh at the very least. And in the case of the DTB 8-Week Fitness & Weight Loss Challenge, you might also want to try on your swimsuit once a week and take a good hard look in the mirror. (Or hey, if you’re alone, go ahead and stand there naked. After all–that’s the goal, right? Looking better naked?)
- Weight and Size Tracking: Whether you choose weighing in, measuring or trying on that favorite pair of jeans once a week to track your weight as the challenge goes on, try to only do it weekly. Weighing too often can distract you from your ultimate goal. Focus instead on learning to get in touch with your body and to recognize its signals.
- Food Tracking: Food tracking is a huge pain at first, but it really does offer amazing insight. Tracking food helped me to lose 100 pounds (and counting). You won’t have to track forever—just long enough for you to get a good handle on the good habits you’re almost forced to develop when you see what you’re really putting into your mouth (and how much it costs you In calories each day. It took me about six months before I felt comfortable with “winging it,” but you may be different. Go with your gut–but for this challenge, I am tracking again, just for kicks. I’d suggest you do the same.
- If you need a little motivation this week, check out our motivational fitness and weight loss gallery–or see the success stories over at MTM Body!
Stay strong, friends. You’re worth it, you deserve it and I promise you will not regret it.
Please remember: you are beautiful exactly as you are at this moment. This challenge is not to make you feel bad about yourself or to make you think there is something wrong with you. This is about you, making a personal decision to make a positive change in your life.
Don’t Forget to Submit Your Points!
Our ‘Dare to Bare’ (DTB) administrator is Angela Atkinson, founding editor at Project Blissful. You’ll email your weekly points tally to Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title ‘Weekly DTB Points for (Your Name),” and Angela will keep a spreadsheet of everyone’s points.
Please note: All points must be submitted by midnight on each Monday during the challenge. Anyone who fails to submit points by midnight on Monday will forfeit any points earned for that week.
Today’s Inspiration: “Zest is the secret of all beauty. There is no beauty that is attractive without zest.” -Christian Dior
So, tell me…how are you doing on this challenge? Need support? Have suggestions, ideas or complaints? Let me hear it, in the comments section, below!
Angela Atkinson is a Certified Life Coach and the author of more than 20 books on narcissism, narcissistic abuse recovery and related topics. A recognized expert on narcissism and narcissistic personality disorder who has studied and written extensively on narcissistic relationships since 2006, Atkinson was inspired to begin her work as a result of having survived toxic relationships of her own.
Atkinson offers trauma-informed coaching and has certifications in life coaching, level 2 therapeutic model, CBT coaching, integrative wellness coaching, and NLP. She is a certified trauma support coach and certified family trauma professional. She also has a professional PTSD counseling certification. Her mission is to help those who have experienced the emotional and mental devastation that comes with narcissistic abuse in these incredibly toxic relationships to (re)discover their true selves, stop the gaslighting and manipulation and move forward into their genuine desires – into a life that is exactly what they choose for themselves.
Along with her solution-focused life coaching experience, Atkinson’s previous career in journalism and research helps her to offer both accurate and understandable information for survivors of abuse in a simple-to-understand way that helps to increase awareness in the narcissistic abuse recovery community. Atkinson founded QueenBeeing.com Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support, the SPANily Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support Groups and the Life Makeover Academy. In her life coaching practice, Atkinson’s clients enjoy her personalized approach that allows and encourages them to become the best possible versions of themselves and to succeed in doing what they love most. She offers individual and group coaching for victims and survivors of narcissistic abuse at NarcissisticAbuseRecovery.Online and NarcissismSupportCoach.com.