This page is a work in progress. If you have resources to add, please contact us.*
This page contains collected emergency resources for domestic violence and narcissistic abuse victims and survivors. We do our best to keep it updated. PLEASE NOTE: If you are being physically abused, please get out of the situation ASAP. DO NOT WAIT. Do not be afraid to go to the police and get a restraining order. There are people who can help you. Please know that you are not alone. Your life could depend on it.
Find emergency help for domestic violence
If you need help right now, or you’ve already been hurt, call 911 (or your country’s emergency number). You can also get immediate counseling and help from a shelter near you by calling the national domestic violence hotline for your country.
- United States: Call 1-800-799-7233
- United Kingdom: Call 0808-2000-247
- Australia: Call 1800-737-732 (1800 RESPECT)
- Ireland: Call 1800-341-900 or visit SafeIreland’s directory of support services near you.
Find advice and support for domestic violence
- In the US: call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233 (SAFE).
- You can also text chat the National Domestic Violence Hotline.
- If your child is being abused, call the National Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-422-4453.
- UK: call Women’s Aid at 0808 2000 247.
- Australia: call 1800RESPECT at 1800 737 732.
- Worldwide: visit the International Directory of Domestic Violence Agencies for a global list of helplines, shelters, and crisis centers.
Find a safe place to stay
- In the US: visit Womenslaw.org for a state-by-state directory of domestic violence shelters in the U.S.
- You can also visit this page at DomesticShelters.org to find a shelter near you.
- Reach out to family or friends you can trust, if possible, to get out immediately.
- If you have enough money, you can stay at an extended stay hotel for a few weeks until you find a place to stay.
Male victims of abuse can call:
- U.S. and Canada: The Domestic Abuse Helpline for Men & Women
- UK: ManKind Initiative
- Australia: One in Three Campaign
Narcissistic Abuse and Domestic Violence Resources
- Suicide Prevention
- Help & Support for Victims of Narcissistic Abuse (Some Emergency Links)
- Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Tools & Resources (Non-Emergency)
- GET HELP: Domestic Violence Emergency Resources State by Location
- Collective Resources by Area (Join the Collective Here)
- Salem, Virginia Area Resources
QueenBeeing Resources for Narcissistic Abuse & Narcissistic Abuse Recovery
- QueenBeeing’s PLAN to Leave a Narcissist
- QueenBeeing’s Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Resource Center
- Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support Groups (Online)
- Suicide Prevention Resources for Narcissistic Abuse Survivors
- 34 Best books on narcissistic abuse recovery, according to a poll of more than 5,000 survivors
- PERK (Post-Gaslighting Emergency Recovery Kit)
- First Aid Videos for when you feel broken and lost
Helpful Reading for Narcissistic Abuse Recovery
- Toxic Narcissism in Relationships: Top 10 Warning Signs You’re Being Gaslighted
- Narcissistic Rage and Narcissistic Injury: What You Need to Know
- How Self-Proclaimed Narcissist Sam Vaknin Gaslighted Me on Facebook
- Are you married to a narcissist? 12 easy ways to know for sure
- Exposed! 10 Shocking Facts Your Narcissist Doesn’t Want You to Know
- Broken Eggshells: The real reason you haven’t already left your narcissist
- Twisted Toxic Love: Inside the Distorted Mind of a Narcissist
- Are you being gaslighted? 10 things you need to know
- Toxic Relationships and Narcissism: Know the Stages of Gaslighting
- The Narcissistic Flip: Why and how it’s always your fault
- Narcissistic Altruism: The Gift That Keeps On Taking
- Shocking Truth: This is Why Even Very Smart People Can Be Gaslighted
- Toxic Love: 44 warning signs that you’re being emotionally abused
- Codependent-Toxic: Portrait of a Narcissist’s Significant Other
- Take Back Your Life: How to Control a Narcissist
- Take Back Your Life: Stop Letting Your Narcissist Parents Control You, NOW!
- Love a Narcissist? Stop Gaslighting in its Tracks With This Foolproof Trick
- Help for Victims of Narcissism and Gaslighting
- Let’s Talk About You: 10 Signs YOU Might Be a Narcissist
- Triangulation: Why you should never try to fix an argument for a narcissist
- Toxic Relationship? How to Stop Feeling ‘Dead Inside’
*Please note: Do not contact us if you are looking to have your business added to this page unless your business will provide all services free of charge for abuse victims. Since this page is an emergency resources page for people who are dealing with physical abuse, we will NOT add promotional or sales links to this page. Please do not ask. If you would like to have a sponsored post published and it is something that would appeal to our readers, you may contact us to discuss this separately.