The Frog in Water Comparison
If you put a frog in a pot of boiling water, he will try and jump out immediately – because that water HURTS, and he instinctively recognizes the danger. Right?
But if you took that same frog and you stuck him in a pot of tepid water, he’d think it was all good at first. He’d probably get comfortable and start doing some fun little froggy kicks in the new “pool.”
Now, suppose you slowly heated the temperature, and it gradually reached a boiling point. In that case, he’d probably relax, even more, thinking how lucky he was to land in this awesome little frog spa situation.
But just as that poor frog got used to the heat – he’d find himself chopped up on a plate before he knew what hit him.
It’s the same deal with toxic relationships.
Are You in a Toxic Relationship with a Narcissist?
When you first meet a narcissist, you feel very comfortable – oddly so and fast – because the narcissist knows exactly how to draw in an unsuspecting victim.
He love-bombs you, puts you up on that seemingly un-tippable pedestal.
Still, the truth is that it’s all an illusion – and by now, you’ve already found yourself being scalded by the proverbial boiling water.
Like the frog who is slowly cooked to death, a narcissist will slowly rob you of your personal truth. Before you know it, you’ll find yourself feeling empty, alone, and “dead inside.”
What do you do if you’re dealing with a narcissist in a relationship?
You’ve only got a couple of options. Either learn to live with it, or get out and go no contact. If they are abusing you physically or sexually, you’ve only got ONE – get out now. (If that’s the case, stop reading and click here to get some immediate help.)
Are you involved with a narcissist, or have you been in the past? Can you see how the frog analogy applies to these kinds of relationships? Share your thoughts and experiences in the comments section.
Start Getting Help with Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Today
- Online help is readily available for survivors of narcissistic abuse. Here are some options to begin healing from narcissistic abuse right away.
- Sign up for our free email newsletter service that includes a free guided recovery experience via your inbox.
- Start your narcissistic abuse recovery here with our free narcissistic abuse recovery support system and program.
- Join one of our free online narcissistic abuse recovery support groups!
- Join one of our private small coaching groups! (NEW groups that offer person-to-person talks 3x each week, plus DM support all week long. AKA: regular. life-changing support)
- Get private, one-on-one narcissistic abuse recovery coaching or counseling.
- Get a therapist who will work with you online. Check out our guide to finding a therapist or psychologist who understands narcissism and narcissistic abuse.
Are you ready to get safe support and validation from your QueenBeeing team and your fellow survivors?
Then there’s only one thing left: get the app now!
- Secrets and Self-Loathing: Identifying a Covert Narcissist
- The Narcissist’s Soulmate Scam: Identifying a Love Bomber
- Narcissistic Abuse and Gaslighting: Reader Shares Decade-Long Survivor Story
- Get Unstuck After Narcissistic Abuse: Your Personal Passion Plan
- Narcissists in Relationships: The Shocking Truth on Who’s the Drug and Who’s the Addict
- How to Use NLP and EFT for Narcissistic Abuse Recovery
- Are you part of a narcissist’s harem? You might be shocked.
- Survey: Tell Me About Your Narcissistic Relationship
- New Online Support Group for Narcissism Survivors
- Narcissism in Relationships: How to Deal When a Toxic Relationship Damages Your Self-Esteem