When you’ve experienced narcissistic abuse, it can follow you around in your life, even after you’ve left the situation – and that can seriously damage your quality of life, to say the least. In this video, I’ll offer you a quick overview on what you need to do to write, acknowledge and release your abuse story – plus, I’ll offer tips on how to start dreaming up your new one.
Here’s the 10-Sheets Method Mentioned in the Video:
- Take 10 sheets of paper and on the first one, write “my abuse story” and add a byline.
- Then number the second page 1 through 8.
- In each spot, write down a major point in your abuse story.
- For example, #1 might be the years leading to the abuse, if you think you’ve got some background that contributed to your current situation.
- Or it might be meeting the narcissist. The next point might be the “honeymoon phase,” maybe, and then you might go forward with something like the first time you started to see a problem.
- Maybe the red flags started early, but you didn’t notice – or maybe it just came on suddenly and shocked you. Either way, write down those points.
- Then, on each of the following pages, number the top to correspond with the points in your “table of contents: page.
- On each page, write down three questions or statements about the time in your life that you’re covering – and when you’re done, you’ll have a good outline for your abuse story.
- Read it back to yourself and allow yourself to feel the feelings one last time – because after today, you’re going to move forward. So cry if you need to. Scream. Yell. Have regrets – go ahead. But LIMIT yourself – give yourself a specific amount of time to get through this part. I usually like to do 24 hours – but you might choose to go up to 7 days, if you need it. Don’t do more than seven days though – anything else is counterproductive for you.
Links Mentioned in the Video Include:
Rewrite Your Story Udemy Course (this link has a 50% discount attached): https://www.udemy.com/rewrite-your-story-after-narcissistic-abuse-in-relationships/?couponCode=qb