A Secret Support Group for People in Relationships With Narcissists
SPAN is an acronym for Support for People Affected by Narcissism. This is a private online support group forum hosted on Facebook.
Given the volatile nature of narcissists, the SPAN group on Facebook is a secret group – so you won’t be able to find it online – and even if they saw it, most people wouldn’t recognize SPAN as anything to be concerned about.
This is a Safe Place. While you’re here, we’ll take care of you.
For the protection of our members, the following safety precautions are put in place.
- Each member will be individually vetted, up to the point of our capabilities, and if anyone makes a group member feel unsafe, admins will handle the problem swiftly and without question.
- Anyone who harrasses, intimidates, overly criticizes or otherwise engages in “triggering” behaviors will be permanently blocked from the group – that means they will no longer even be able to see the group in their search, much less actually access it.
- If admins will be on vacation or away for more than 24 hours, we will find a trusted substitute to ensure everyone’s emotional safety during the time we’re away.
- What is said/posted/heard in the group stays IN the group. If members are found to have shared anything that is created inside of the group, such as a personal post or even a general share from a member, they will be immediately removed. (Note: Due to the group settings, anyone who actually accomplishes this will have done so willfully, with full knowledge that it wasn’t allowed. That’s why the strict rule on this one.)
- We reserve the right to remove any member without notice if we find there is a conflict of interest (such as a suspected narc who is stalking his or her victim).
- We also reserve the right to amend the rules at any time in order to preserve the safety and privacy of our members.
- See the most current list of rules right here.
There’s no charge – it’s another one of my Pay It Forward initiatives. The application just takes a moment, but is required in order to ensure the safety of our members. Important: ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS asked. Due to a high number of requests, our admin team automatically deletes requests where people don’t answer the membership application questions.
Updated List of Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support Groups
Our narcissistic abuse recovery support groups are facilitated by certified life coaches and a team of skilled admins who are empaths and fellow survivors. QueenBeeing.com offers all kinds of resources for support for people who are affected by narcissistic abuse and working on their recovery. That includes group support. We have both free and inexpensive options. These currently include the following.
Support for People Affected by Narcissistic Abuse in Toxic Relationships – A free, private Facebook support group that is professionally moderated by an amazing team of admins and the QueenBeeing coaching staff.
SPANily Support for Co-Parenting with a Narcissist – If you’re co-parenting with a narcissist, this is the group for you. A parenting-focused narcissistic abuse recovery support group by Angie Atkinson and QueenBeeing.com.
Support for Adult Children of Narcissistic Parents – If one or both of your parents were narcissists, chances are, you’re struggling more than you may realize. Get support from people who have been there.
Benefits of Membership
In QueenBeeing Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support Groups
Connect on Your Favorite Platforms
The QueenBeeing SPANily Support System includes the SPAN support groups along with our narcissistic abuse recovery community on YouTube. Also among the SPANnily are our off-Facebook support site, MySPANily.com, and our newly-launched Quora Space.
Connect with People Who Understand Narcissistic Abuse
Sometimes it helps to just talk to someone who GETS what you’re going through. So many survivors of narcissistic abuse are estranged from their families and are left feeling alone, unwanted, abandoned, and unloved. We want you to know that you are not alone. We want you to feel supported, welcomed, and loved. And while your SPANily can not fully replace your real-life family, it can most definitely help you feel less alone.
Get Validation of Your Experience
Our support groups offer validation of your experience, genuine peer, and professional support. Plus, as a member, you have the ability to communicate with real people who have been where you are or have been, and who understand on a level deeper than most people in your “real life.” This makes these free online groups priceless for so many.
Meet Your SPANily Support System
The QueenBeeing SPANily is arguably the best, most supportive, and highly connected narcissistic abuse recovery support group on the web. The SPANily was founded by Angie Atkinson, a certified trauma counselor, certified life coach, and narcissistic abuse recovery expert.
The SPANily offers several subgroups and features a vigilant, compassionate admin team full of trained administrators, including narcissistic abuse recovery coaches, related-topic experts, and narcissistic abuse survivors. The team actively and effectively supports more than 50k members.
Related Topic Experts on the admin team include a divorce and legal expert, trauma and CPTSD-informed counselors, NLP (neurolinguistic programming) and CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy coaching) certified practitioners, certified art therapy practitioner, a social worker, psychology experts, and more.
The SPAN admin team is completely made up of fellow survivors of narcissistic abuse who intentionally and actively choose to pay forward their support toward the community that helped them heal, grow, and evolve in various capacities.
In addition to Angie Atkinson, our SPANily admins include certified narcissistic abuse recovery coaches Lise Colucci and Colleen Brosnan, certified divorce coach and paralegal Misty Dawn, along with admins Sarah Browne (who also runs our SPAN Book Club), Zoe Viveca Sumner, Karen Bawden, April Meaux, social worker Logen Pierce, Maria Kauffman, Therese Anne, and Richa Chadha. Our community manager and admin for our new Quora Space is Miriam Slozberg. The team is supported by QueenBeeing’s business manager Melina Moutria. We have admins in time zones around the globe in order to maintain 24/7 admin coverage.