If you’ve ever been in a relationship with a narcissist, you know the feeling of having your heart torn out, stomped on, and then squished into tiny pieces before you can even blink. Does this sound a little dramatic? It really isn’t. That’s exactly how you feel after you’ve been attacked by a narcissist who is actively gaslighting you.
Have you been attacked by a gaslighting narcissist?
If you’ve been emotionally abused and verbally attacked by someone in your life on a consistent basis, it’s possible that you’re dealing with a malignant narcissist. And while you might not know a lot of other people who are dealing with narcissists in toxic relationships, you’re far from alone.
In fact, narcissists are well-known to gaslight, manipulate, and try to control the people closest to them. On top of this, they are infamous for their narcissistic rage (usually followed by the almost equally painful narcissistic injury). These gaslighting attacks are exhausting and overwhelming, and they leave you SPINNING.
What is gaslighting?
Gaslighting is a shockingly effective manipulation technique used by most narcissists. The goal of a gaslighter is to manipulate you into questioning your own sanity, your perception of the world, and the situations you experience. The gaslighting narcissist will actively call you crazy, make you feel dumb, and try to make you feel not good enough. Learn more about gaslighting.
What does gaslighting feel like?
When you’re in the middle of being gaslighted by a narcissist, you don’t usually realize it, unless you’ve taken the time to learn the signs of gaslighting and to understand the reasons it happens.
During gaslighting, you will feel numb, broken, empty – like a shell of your former self. The world feels hollow and you find yourself feeling completely devastated by the selfish, callous, and cold treatment you’ve just suffered.
As someone who has personally survived being abused by a narcissist in a relationship, I recognize that need to find your center again after being attacked by a narcissist.
Do you know the SOUL-CRUSHING feeling that comes from narcissistic abuse?
Are you always feeling emotionally exhausted? Like, the narcissist’s behavior becomes so outrageous that if you weren’t there, you might not have believed it yourself?
That’s what this kit will help you get over – that feeling of being completely, utterly, and extremely alone in the world…the feeling of empty, hollow, nothingness that comes along with having been emotionally abused by a narcissist.
The PERK (Post-Gaslighting Emergency Recovery Kit)
For years, I searched for answers and found nothing that offered me relief from the pain of these kinds of attacks. That’s why I’ve created the all-new PERK – that’s the Post-Gaslighting Emergency Recovery Kit. It’s a sort of “first-aid kit” for your aching soul.
Even better, I’ve decided that this one is too important and too IMMEDIATELY necessary to sell it. I want to get it into the hands of as many victims of narcissistic abuse as possible – because honestly, we ALL deserve better. And this free downloadable kit will help you to soothe yourself in the moment and figure out what to do next.
Once you’ve done that, you’ll be on your way. But this is just the beginning – there’s so much more to do for yourself in narcissistic abuse recovery. Start with the resources listed below.
Get help with narcissistic abuse recovery, right now.
- The QueenBeeing SPANily, Official – We consider this to be the best narcissistic abuse recovery support group on the web. Offers several subgroups and features a vigilant, compassionate admin team full of trained coaches and survivors, supporting more than 12k members. SPAN is an acronym created by Angie Atkinson that stands for Support for People Affected by Narcissistic abuse in toxic relationships.
- Other Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support Groups – We also have separate groups for each stage in your narcissistic abuse recovery, as well as some for those who have moved past recovery and are evolving into the next stage of their own life. Survivors have unique and individual needs, even when they’ve moved on – so we’re still here for you.
- One-on-One Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Coaching – If you prefer to get more personalized support in your recovery, you might like to schedule a session with one of our coaches to plan and execute your own narcissistic abuse recovery plan.
- Find a Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Therapist – If you’re looking for a therapist for narcissistic abuse recovery, either because you cannot afford coaching and want to use your health insurance or because you have additional issues you need to address that do not fall within the realm of coaching, you will want to find the right therapist for you – and as far as we’re concerned, that therapist must understand what you’ve been through. This page offers assistance to help you do exactly that.
- Where Are You in Recovery? You might not be sure exactly where you fit in and what level of recovery you’ve achieved. If that’s the case, you’ll want to check out this self-assessment to help you determine exactly where you fall in the stages of recovery from narcissistic abuse. Once you finish and submit the assessment, you will be given resources for your own situation, along with recommendations of which groups to join.
- Which Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Program is Right for You? If you aren’t sure which program you want to utilize to facilitate your recovery from narcissistic abuse, this self-assessment will help you decide.
- Toxic Relationships and Narcissism: Stages of Gaslighting
- Love a Narcissist? Stop Gaslighting in its Tracks With This Foolproof Trick
- Narcissistic Abuse Recovery: Find the Light at the End of the Tunnel