“There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. When you learn to tap this source, you will truly have defeated age.” ~Sophia Loren
The lovely Ms. Loren put it quite eloquently, if you ask me. But if you wanted to tap into a fountain of youth on the physical side, how can you maintain a young appearance without going under the knife?
Here are six things you can do to look younger instantly.
* Smile more. Confidence is sexy and sexy is youthful. Whiten your teeth, or get veneers if necessary. Whiter teeth will make you look younger. Once you have the gorgeous smile you’ve always wanted, put it to good use and you’ll get more attention than you did 10 years ago.
* Minimize your makeup. You might think that heavy foundation will cover your wrinkles, but it does just the opposite. Caking it on causes the makeup to settle into wrinkles and exaggerate them. The same is true for eye shadow. A smart rule of thumb: less is more.
* Save yourself from the sun. Those UV rays are our enemy when it comes to aging. Always use a moisturizer with SPF 15 or above. Look for skin creams containing antioxidants like vitamin C and E for increased protection.
* Sleep. They don’t call it “beauty sleep” for nothing. If you don’t get enough sleep (about seven hours every night), your metabolism and hormone production can be hindered, inviting the early effects of age.
* Improve your posture. Taking calcium will help prevent osteoporosis, but a slumping stoop will age you immediately. Strengthen your core – those abdominal muscles – for a straighter back and taller body. Pilates is a perfect way to improve your posture, giving you a longer, leaner look.
* Evaluate your wardrobe. Dressing younger doesn’t have to mean super low-rise jeans and belly shirts. A casual, yet tailored look will keep you from appearing fussy and out-of-style. A great T-shirt with well-fitting pants and great accessories creates a comfortable, yet hip everyday “uniform” for a casual dresser.
Angela Atkinson is a certified trauma counselor and the author of more than 20 books on narcissism, narcissistic abuse recovery, and related topics. A recognized expert on narcissism and narcissistic personality disorder who has studied and written extensively on narcissistic personality disorder and narcissistic abuse in toxic relationships since 2006, she has a popular narcissistic abuse recovery YouTube channel. Atkinson was inspired to begin her work as a result of having survived toxic relationships of her own.
Atkinson offers trauma-informed narcissistic abuse recovery coaching and has certifications in trauma counseling, life coaching, level 2 therapeutic model, CBT coaching, integrative wellness coaching, and NLP. She is a certified trauma support coach and certified family trauma professional. She also has a professional PTSD counseling certification. Her mission is to help those who have experienced the emotional and mental devastation that comes with narcissistic abuse in these incredibly toxic relationships to (re)discover their true selves, stop the gaslighting and manipulation, and move forward into their genuine desires – into a life that is exactly what they choose for themselves.
Along with her solution-focused life coaching experience, Atkinson’s previous career in journalism and research helps her to offer both accurate and understandable information for survivors of abuse in a simple-to-understand way that helps to increase awareness in the narcissistic abuse recovery community. Atkinson founded QueenBeeing.com Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support, the SPANily Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support Groups and the Life Makeover Academy.
She offers individual and group coaching for victims and survivors of narcissistic abuse here at QueenBeeing.com and at NarcissisticAbuseRecovery.Online.