We Want to Help You Share Your Story!
If you would like to submit a survivor story for publication at QueenBeeing.com, please take note of the instructions below to ensure that your story is considered for publication. Only survivor stories that meet these criteria will be considered for publishing.
- The story must be related to narcissistic abuse recovery in some way.
- The story must be true and relevant to the readers of QueenBeeing.com. Refer to our About page and The Art of QueenBeeing for additional information. Other relevant references for tone and intent include: Queen Bee Symbolism, What is a Queen Bee? and The QueenBeeing Intention.
- We request that you change or omit the names of the narcissist and anyone else who may have an issue with your story.
- You must own your story and the rights to it. If you’re telling someone else’s story, please have their permission to do so.
- The story must be grammatically correct and well-written.
- The story must not include marketing-related links and must not be self-promotional.
- The post may include links to your website and blog in a brief author’s bio (approximately 3 sentences), which will be published at the end of the survivor story.
- Survivor stories must be original and may not have been published elsewhere online already without prior approval from the QueenBeeing editorial team. All submissions will be verified for originality using a tool such as Copyscape.com or Plagium.com.
Other Important Points of Note for Story Submissions
- Survivor stories that are approved for publishing will be published without notice. Please check the site periodically to see if your post has been published.
- You may submit one image for publication with your story. If you do not submit an image, one will be procured or created by the QueenBeeing editorial team.
- When you submit a story to QueenBeeing.com, you agree not to publish it anywhere else, including your own blog or website for a period of at least six (6) months, or without prior approval from our team. You may, however, post a brief “tease” or summary on your site that links to the post.
- Due to the high volume of survivor stories QueenBeeing.com receives, messages following up on the status of a survivor story submission will not be responded to.
- Survivor story submission is not a guarantee of publication.
- Your story cannot be an advertisement for your product or the equivalent of a sponsored post.
- All links will be checked to ensure that they are valid, secure, and are not advertisement or spam.
- We will not make any edits to your post with the possible exception of unrelated links, spelling, grammar and punctuation. The original message of the post will not be changed or refocused without your permission.
- In some cases, QueenBeeing.com may provide a short introduction or conclusion to your post to provide context or the rationale as to what we think our members can get out of it. We will ensure that our comments are set off from yours stylistically so that our members understand clearly that the notes are ours rather than yours.
Share Your Story on Video
Here are some basic instructions on how you can share your video story for Angie’s YouTube Channel.
- We want this to be easy, so just sit down in front of your camera and tell your story.
- Any video or webcam will do, and yes, a cell phone/smartphone is okay, but be sure to prop it up in landscape (so the video is sideways), and sit close enough to the microphone to get good sound quality.
- Don’t worry about editing (I’ll take care of all that!) and try to keep your video under 20 minutes if you can.
- If you aren’t sure how to tell the story or you need some structure, here are some questions you can use to get you going – you can answer them directly or you can use them as inspiration.
- Who is your narcissist?
- If not a relative, how did you meet?
- When did you know something was wrong?
- What were some red flags you saw in hindsight, once you learned about narcissism?
- What were the most painful parts of going through this abuse?
- What is happening in your life now?
- What would you want to share with someone else who was going through this same problem?
- What was the most important lesson you learned?
- Once you’ve made the video, please upload to either Google Drive or Dropbox and then share with me ([email protected]).
- In most cases, I’ll publish your story within 30 days of receiving it.
Please note that we understand the work that it takes to write a story like ours. With that being said, while we would love to publish every survivor story, only those that meet our guidelines, as outlined above, will be published.