Submit Written Story
From the Editor: Before you submit your survivor story, please ensure that you have followed our submission guidelines. Please note: this submission page is ONLY for written stories.
Prefer to submit by video? Below are some basic instructions on how you can share your video story.
- We want this to be easy, so just sit down in front of your camera and tell your story.
- Any video or webcam will do, and yes, cell phone is okay, but be sure to prop it up in landscape (so the video is sideways), and sit close enough to the microphone to get good sound quality.
- Don’t worry about editing (I’ll take care of all that!) and try to keep your video under 20 minutes if you can.
- If you aren’t sure how to tell the story or you need some structure, here are some questions you can use to get you going – you can answer them directly or you can use them as inspiration.
- Who is your narcissist? (Relationship, not name, please)
- If not a relative, how did you meet?
- When did you know something was wrong?
- What were some red flags you saw in hindsight, once you learned about narcissism?
- What were the most painful parts of going through this abuse?
- What is happening in your life now?
- What would you want to share with someone else who was going through this same problem?
- What was the most important lesson you learned?
- Once you’ve made the video, please upload to either Google Drive or Dropbox and then share with me ([email protected]). Be sure to drop the link in an email and send it to me at [email protected] with Video Story Submission in the subject line.
- In most cases, I’ll publish your story within 30 days of receiving it.