Holidays with a narcissist can be horrible and painful. Not only might you be dealing with your standard “holiday hoover maneuver” if you’ve already separated from the narcissist in your life, but if you’re in the middle of a toxic relationship, chances are, your holidays, birthdays and other special events are ruined every time.
Did you know that the holidays make narcissists more likely than ever to try to suck you back into the relationship? It’s true! We are going to cover exactly why Christmas, Hanukah, Thanksgiving, your birthday, and most other holidays incite a narcissist to try to hoover you back in to the toxic relationship.
Plus, I’ll fill you in on exactly what you can do to avoid it. The fact is that it’s always hard to deal with a narcissist, whether you’re still in the toxic relationship or you’ve recently left it. But due to the narc’s behaviors and patterns, there are times when we find ourselves feeling weak, almost powerless to resist their charms – even when we KNOW BETTER.
This is when a narcissist sort of “sucks” his victim back into the relationship, or some version of it. It often begins innocently enough, sort of subtly, but it always happens with one target – to regain control.
Survive the Holidays With or Without Narcissists: YES YOU CAN!
It’s always hard to deal with a narcissist, whether you’re still in the toxic relationship or you’ve recently left it. But due to the narc’s behaviors and patterns, there are times when we find ourselves feeling weak, almost powerless to resist their charms – even when we KNOW BETTER. Here’s help.
Holiday Gift for Survivors
May your days be filled with light, love and laughter! And be sure to visit the QB Freebies page for more gifts.
Helpful Reading for Survivors of Narcissistic Abuse
- This is the Only Way to Communicate With a Narcissist Effectively
- These 8 Toxic Thought Patterns Are Ruining Your Life (#5 is More Common Than You Think!)
- Toxic Relationships: Scientists Say THIS is Why Going No Contact is So Hard
- RED FLAGS: Top 17 Early Warning Signs You’re Dating a Narcissist
- The Hard Part: Why and How You MUST Resist Narcissistic Hoovering
- Surviving Narcissistic Abuse: 65 Things You Might Say to Your Narcissist If You Could
- Are narcissists jealous of their children?
- How to Train a Narcissist: A Non-Toxic, Repeatable Two-Step Plan to Get a Narcissist to Treat You Better
- The Addict or Alcoholic Narcissist and Codependent, Toxic Relationships
- 121 Things Narcissists Say When They Are Gaslighting You
- New Study Offers Surprising Insight Into Why You Fell for a Narcissist
- Narcissists and Blame Shifting: Are you a built-in scapegoat?
- Narcissistic Abuse Recovery: Get Out of the Fog with Mindfulness
- Inner Child Healing After Toxic Relationships: The Basics
More Helpful Videos for Dealing with Narcissists on the Holidays
Narcissists on Valentine’s Day
The Narcissist’s Holiday Smear Campaign
Narcissists at Christmas
Online Support Groups for Survivors of Narcissistic Abuse to Keep You Company and Offer Support on the Holidays
If you’re feeling lonely on the holidays, be sure to join one of our active and supportive narcissistic abuse recovery support groups. We have several available and you may join more than one, depending on your specific needs. Learn more about our free online narcissistic abuse recovery support groups and join one here.