Do you suppose that my gratitude has anything to do with my state of well-being? (more…)
Well, it’s official! The early edition of Project Blissful, the book, is available on Amazon.com in Kindle format. It’s opening to rave reviews so far, including this one published on Amazon.com.
5.0 out of 5 stars Best REAL book on dealing with changing your mind and bodyFebruary 21, 2015 (Verified Purchase)This book is right on. As a woman who has struggled with her weight and body image my entire life–there is more real life actionable tips in this book than ever. There lots of affirmations to keep your goals in sight and to stay the course.
Why should you listen to me? What makes me qualified to write this book?
While I’m a certified life coach, I’m not a medical professional. But that’s not what makes me qualified to share this information, in my opinion. But what does is the fact that I have lost more than 100 pounds and kept if off.
Need proof? Here you go. That’s me, on the left in 2008, and sadly, I’d already lost about 15 pounds when this photo was taken. And that’s also me, on the right, on my way out for a friend’s birthday a few weeks ago.
Of course, my friends noticed. My family noticed. And everyone I knew on Facebook noticed – so you can imagine what I’m going to say next.
People have been asking me for awhile now – how’d you do it?
- Did you have surgery?
- Some crazy weight loss pills?
- How did you lose more than 100 pounds?
How I Lost More Than 100 Pounds (And How You Can Too)
I get these questions all the time, and the answer to all of them is NO! I did it all without any of that stuff – and it didn’t cost me So, now that I’ve kept the weight off for more than three years, I am ready to share my message with everyone – and it’s my greatest hope that I can help at least one person find the motivation they need to begin to turn their life around.
Project Blissful is a whole-life makeover that helps you become the best possible version of yourself. Author and certified life coach Angela Atkinson has herself lost more than 100 pounds without surgery or hard-core weight loss drugs. In this book, you’ll learn:
– How to start losing weight today (and without feeling miserable in the process)
– How to love yourself healthy and thin
– How to find your ideal weight and reach it without pain
– How to lose weight without traditional exercise
– How to baby-step your way through small habits that add up to big results
What are you waiting for? Download it today and start changing your life, right now.
Wanna know more? You will also learn about:
- How to Define Your Personal Ideal State of Body Bliss
- How to Get Your Sexy Back, Starting Today
- All of My Sneaky Skinny Secrets – How to Look Thinner Immediately, Without Actually Losing Any Weight
- How to Drop the Weight, Not Your Life – How You Can Keep Living Your Life (Or Start Living It Now) Even Before the Weight is Gone
- The Tracking Game – Exactly what I did to make the weight start coming off and to keep it in check.
- Little-Known Secrets, Tried and True Tricks & Sneaky Shortcuts for Weight Loss
- Tips on My Best Practices and Final Notes for Your Own Project Blissful
- My Long-Term, Fail-Safe, Stay-on-Plan Weight Loss Motivation Tips
- How I Developed Abs After 3 C-Sections and a 100-Pound Weight Gain
PLEASE, let me know what you think!
Because I genuinely want to be of service when I write my books, I value my readers’ opinions above all else. That is why I’m really hoping some of you will read the book and tell me your thoughts. Even more, I hope it inspires those who could use it to take their fitness to the next level.
I can’t wait to hear what you think of the book! 🙂 Don’t forget – you can get your copy right here. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem – just download the free Kindle app for your favorite device, right here.
Wanna win at weight loss? Here: 7 Tips to Increase Self-Control
Losing excess weight and keeping it off is a difficult, but necessary, task. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), over 69% of American adults are overweight. Being overweight can lead to many dangerous health conditions, such as high blood pressure, stroke, cancer, and heart disease.
Despite the risks, most of us have a hard time resisting the temptation of high calorie foods and other unhealthy lifestyle choices. The good news is that there are several ways to boost your willpower so that you can successfully lose those unwanted pounds!
Try these strategies to increase your self-control and successfully lose weight:
1. Get plenty of rest. Resisting the urge to cheat on your diet takes energy. You’re more likely to give in to temptation when you’re tired. Make preparations to get a restful night’s sleep and take frequent breaks during the day to boost your willpower.
2. Identify cravings and make healthy substitutions. Cravings can be irresistible and derail the most determined dieters. The next time you crave a specific food, satisfy the craving with a healthy substitute.
- Fresh fruit and vegetables are great alternatives when you’re craving calorie-heavy, crunchy chips.
- Try adding cinnamon to make foods taste sweeter without adding excess sugar.
- Other spices such as garlic, oregano, and basil can add flavor to foods without adding salt.
- Try broiling or pan searing some of your foods in place of frying them. You’ll still get a crunchy outer layer without the use of oil.
3. Focus on one area of improvement at a time. Our ability to exercise control is like a muscle. It can be built up, as well as exhausted.
- If you want to lose weight and quit smoking, you might deplete your reserve of will power if you try to make both of these major changes at the same time.
4. Practice moderation. You can more easily strengthen your self-control if you take a moderate approach to dieting and exercise. Achieve success at weight loss by allowing yourself little indulgences from time to time.
5. Celebrate your success. We have more willpower when we have a clear goal that we’re working towards and feel as though our effort will be recognized or rewarded.
- Divide your overall weight loss goal into several smaller chunks and celebrate as you reach each level.
- Choose a reward that isn’t tied to eating, such as buying a new outfit or going to see a new movie with a loved one.
6. Share your battle with a friend that will keep you on track. It’s easier to maintain your self-control and stay focused on achieving your weight loss goal when you have a friend to cheer you on and help you stay motivated.
7. Use affirmations and positive visualization. Regularly visualize yourself at the size you wish to be. Use self-talk and verbal statements that affirm your ability to control yourself.
Having the discipline to lose weight and keep it off can be very difficult. This is especially true since high calorie foods and other temptations are so readily available. Practicing these strategies can help you to increase your willpower and self-control so you can strengthen your health and win the battle for your waistline!
Bee Informed: This post provides a literal overview of the origins of the word cellulite and what it means, from a biological perspective.
Where did the term “cellulite” come from?
The term cellulite originated in European spas and salons and they explain it as deposits of tiny fat globules on the buttocks and thighs.
What is cellulite, exactly?
Cellulite is a buildup of lumpy, thick, irregular fat deposits with an orange peel appearance.
Where does cellulite commonly appear on the body?
The most common areas are around the buttocks, hips, and thighs, and is not necessarily a factor of body weight.
Does having cellulite mean that I’m overweight?
Not necessarily. You do not have to be overweight or obese to have cellulite. Nevertheless, it is possible to reduce the appearance of cellulite.
Is this a term that is accepted by the medical community?
Cellulite is not a medical term. However, medical professionals agree that it is a buildup of common fatty tissue.
How is cellulite formed?
The skin is connected by strands of fibrous tissues to deeper tissue layers, which separates the fat cell compartments. The increase in the size of fat cells is accompanied by a waffled appearance of the skin that results in the bulging of the fat cell compartments.
How can I get rid of cellulite?
Speeding up your metabolism and detoxification in the body will help in gradual elimination of cellulite. A healthy metabolism is capable of eradicating cellulite forever. The proper functioning of the liver is also necessary for detoxification.
A Note from the Queen: Certain herbal supplements and other products on the market are designed to help you speed up your metabolism and detoxify your body–but you should ALWAYS check with your personal physician or healthcare provider before taking ANY supplements!
How does that work?
A bio-ceramic additive reflects your body’s own infrared rays, which help to break down cellulite cells and revitalize tissue. Increased heat and molecular stimulation enhances the effectiveness of exercise, increases blood flow, and accelerates metabolism to burn more calories.
Women who are concerned about cellulite can take certain steps to reduce the appearance or eliminate it altogether.
What factors contribute to the reduction of cellulite?
- Eating a well balance diet that is low in fat will help to reduce and eliminate further progression.
- Exercise is also an important factor; if the body is toned, it results in good circulation, thus another step in reducing cellulite. In addition, drinking plenty of water has many health benefits and will aid in fighting cellulite.
- Genetics and hormones may also play a factor in whether you develop cellulite. While there is not much we can do about genetics and hormones, eating a healthy diet and exercise, along with the doctor-supervised consumption of herbal supplements, have proven to reduce and even avoid cellulite.
So I’ve been hearing a lot about HGH over the past couple of years, and recently decided to do a little research. When you consider the purported benefits of this stuff, it seems like a no-brainer—who wouldn’t want to increase the level of human growth hormone (HGH) in their bodies?
So, I asked myself: do HGH pills work?
And, as usual, I got all research-geek-ninja on this subject’s ass. Here’s a quick summary of what I found out.
Take into account the following benefits of HGH, as reported by BodyBuilder.com.
- Promotes, increases the creation of new protein tissues, such as in muscle recovery or repair. This is how new muscle is built.
- Recent research suggests its involvement in the metabolism of body-fat and its conversion to energy sources. Tests were conducted in obese people and medical use in treating obesity was proven beyond a doubt. Pros have reportedly used HGH as a way of maintaining and increasing lean mass while dieting for years.
- It improves the sleeping pattern, makes for less unintended awakenings and betters REM-stage sleep.
- HGH produces more energy
- May improve sexual performance
- Strengthens bones
- Improves the quality and duration of heart and kidneys
Ok, well that’s all well and good, right? But many medical experts fear that taking synthetic HGH hormones can be hazardous to your health. But do HGH pills work?
Still, there are approved uses for HGH (and presumably, these are positive ways in which increased HGH can affect your body), according to WebMD. They are as follows.
Approved uses in children:
- Turner’s syndrome, a genetic disorder that affects a girl’s development.
- Prader-Willi syndrome, an uncommon genetic disorder causing poor muscle tone, low levels of sex hormones, and a constant feeling of hunger.
- Chronic kidney insufficiency.
- HGH deficiency or insufficiency.
- Children born small for gestational age.
Approved uses in adults:
- Short bowel syndrome, a condition in which nutrients are not properly absorbed due to severe intestinal disease or the surgical removal of a large portion of the small intestine.
- HGH deficiency due to rare pituitary tumors or their treatment.
- Muscle-wasting disease associated with HIV/AIDS.
So, when you look at the ways that a reasonably well-respected health resource says the increased presence of HGH can affect your body, you have to see that it is potentially able to increase your sex drive, muscle tone, improve your ability to digest food and absorb nutrients, fight infection and so much more.
With all of that being said, what good would it do you to know this information if there were no solution to the problem?
What if there’s a way around this—a way to cause your body to naturally produce more of this HGH stuff? Would that create this positive change in my body without the dangers of the synthetic HGH?
So, Do HGH Pills Work?
Drum roll please: I’m working on figuring that out.
So, I’m trying a new supplement from It Works! called New You. Basically, as I understand it, the supplement causes your body to release additional HGH (human growth hormone), and for anyone over 30, this means looking and feeling younger.
The manufacturer says this about the product on the company website:
Stimulate your body’s natural human growth hormone production to improve lean muscle mass, enhance your exercise endurance, and turn back the hands of time from the inside out with New You! Through natural polyphenols, New You also supports your muscles with improved blood supply and fights the effects of free radicals.
- Stimulates natural production and release of HGH (human growth hormone)
- Boosts lean muscle mass
- Enhances exercise endurance
- Helps improve sleep quality and memory
- Fights the harmful effects of free radicals
So, does it work?
I can’t tell you for sure yet, personally. I can tell you that all the testimonials I’ve read and heard personally have been very positive. I can tell you that everything else I’ve tried from It Works! has, in fact, worked.
And I can tell you that I started taking these today, and I’m not sure if it’s my imagination or not, but I felt pretty awesome all day. So who knows? I’ll report back in a month or so and let you know how it’s going.
In the meantime, if you’ve tried New You from It Works! or any similar product, I’d be really interested in hearing how you liked it! Please share your thoughts, comments, experiences and/or questions in the comments section, below.