“We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same.”– Anne Frank
You know how sometimes you KNOW that a certain choice is going to cause you a negative consequence, but you make it anyway?
Maybe you go ahead and have that second helping even though you’re not really hungry, or maybe you give up your attempt to cut back on your caffeine consumption.
Whatever your poison, you use it willingly – it’s become an unfortunate habit.
And of course, as we all know so well, many of our habits make happiness elusive. You’d be surprised how much joy you can feel when you eliminate these habits. Changing your habits isn’t easy, but it can be done if you’re committed.
Be willing to challenge the status quo if you want to see a real change in your mood.
Avoid these habits and you’ll enjoy greater happiness, guaranteed.
1. Worrying about what everyone else thinks – concerning yourself with the opinions of others. You could be perfect in every possible way, and someone will still criticize you. There’s no possible way to impress everyone. Instead, focus on making yourself happy and surround yourself with those who are happy for you.
2. Hating on yourself – engaging in negative self-talk. There’s no reason to make life even more challenging. Nip your negative self-talk in the bud and replace it with something positive.
3. Focusing on lack instead of abundance. Always wanting more than you have. If you’re living under a park bench, it’s natural to want a home. But as long as you have what you need, wanting more can be a source of stress and frustration. Strive for more if you like, but be reasonable. No one needs a personal jet or a $10 million home. The point is that you’ll never have “enough” if you can’t be grateful for what you have. So get your gratitude on, girl.
4. Trying to keep up with the Joneses. Comparing yourself to others. Everyone has their own unique strengths, weaknesses, past, and challenges. If you want to make a reasonable comparison, compare your current situation to your situation 5 years ago. If you’ve made progress, celebrate. If you haven’t, figure out why and get busy.
5. Beating yourself up over mistakes. Mistakes are a daily part of life. Learn from them and move on toward a brighter future. Has torturing yourself ever provided any benefit?
6. Failing to accept responsibility for your life. Blaming others. Believing that someone else is a cause of the difficulty you’re experiencing is harmful, because you lose control. If you believe that your situation is your own doing, you have the power to fix it. Regardless of whom is to blame, it’s still your responsibility to handle it.
7. Saying “yes” to every request. Most of us need a little down time to regenerate. By saying yes to everything, you rob yourself of this important time. You’ll also find yourself spending time on many activities that you simply don’t enjoy. Learn to say “no” when necessary.
8. Not living your life in the now. Waiting for perfect conditions. Whether you’re waiting for the perfect time to have children or start your own business, that perfect time will never arrive. Get started right away on the activities that mean the most to you. Time is ticking away.
9. Being closed-minded and set in your ways. Avoiding new experiences. What’s the point in living the same day repeatedly? You only have so many years on Earth. Get the most out of it and live a life of many experiences.
10. Expecting it all to happen overnight. Trying to change too much at once. Humans are remarkably adaptable in the long term. However, it’s very challenging to make major changes in the short term. Make smaller changes in your life and build upon them. You can’t change much in a week, but you can make major changes over a year or more.
Are your habits putting a damper on your mood? Your habits create your life. Evaluate your habits and determine which are negatively affecting your ability to enjoy life. Happiness might be closer than you think. Give it a shot.
Thoughts? Share them in the comments – let’s talk about this.
Are you truly happy? Can you say that you LOVE your life? Is there anything you’d like to change, or something you think you NEED to change in order to be truly happy?
Do you believe that you deserve to be truly fulfilled and ecstatic about your life? The truth is that finding happiness is the right of every human being alive, and you’re no exception.
What would you say if I told you that you could find your personal bliss, starting right now, without a doubt?
If I guaranteed you that if you tried these methods, you could find true happiness within 24 hours?
Or how about if I told you that you could do it instantly?
“Happiness does not come from doing easy work but from the afterglow of satisfaction that comes after the achievement of a difficult task that demanded our best.” ~Theodore Isaac Rubin
Hate your job? Sick & tired of being taken advantage of by ungrateful, demanding bosses or overlooked for promotions and raises?
What if going to work every day felt good – less like an obligation and more like a pleasure?
What if you could get paid to do what you love every day?
What if you could love the job you have now?
You can have all that. You just need to get your Power Moves in order. What are Power Moves, you ask?
It’s simple. Power Moves are career hacks – life hacks designed to help you to create the career you’ve always dreamed about. It’s never too late to become what you might have been.
It’s all about simple secrets, tricks and baby steps that will help take your life from the daily grind to a soul-fulfilling, passion-fueled pleasure.
It’s a practical and inspirational guide designed to help you take control of your career and find your way to passion and purpose. It’s just one more piece of what it takes to become the best possible version of yourself.
Written by life coach and author Angela Atkinson, this ebook is also a toolkit that contains everything you’ll need to identify the weak spots in your career and personal issues that affect them. Plus, it offers the tools you’ll need to begin to resolve them, one baby step at a time.
See the first book in the Project Blissful series at http://tinyurl.com/blissfulbook.
This book is for you if you’re interested in:
The very best, most effective and powerful career hacks – simple secrets, tricks and baby steps that will help take your life from the daily grind to a soul-fulfilling, passion-fueled pleasure. The very best, most effective and powerful career hacks
Simple secrets, tricks and baby steps that will help take your life from the daily grind to a soul-fulfilling, passion-fueled pleasure.
Proven tips and techniques for creating the career you’ve always wanted.
High-return ideas on how to evolve your career.
Help with getting promoted at work.
Effective strategies for getting along with even the most difficult co-workers.
Strategies for impressing the boss – even one you can’t see all the time.
Practical and easy ways to create serious positive change in your career, right now.
Expert ideas for coping with work-related stress and thriving despite it.
Tips to improve both your self-confidence and your relationships in and out of the office.
Proven techniques for staying fit, eating right and losing and maintaining your weight, even at work.
How to deal with difficult people & repairing damaged relationships at work.
Here’s a Preview Of What You’ll Find Inside.
5 Time-Management Ideas That Work for the Creative Entrepreneur
The 5-Step Deadline Crushing Process You’ve Always Needed
Feed Your Fire: 8 Ways to Fuel Your Motivation
8 Proven Strategies for Crushing the Negative Feelings of Rejection
8 Keys to Rewarding Work Relationships
Grace Under Fire: 16 Strategies for Keeping Your Cool at Work
Be Proactive: 8 Strategies for Keeping Your Cool at Work
Too Late for Pro-Active? 8 Damage-Control Strategies
Use These 5 Super-Simple Steps to Increase Your Leadership Skills
Top 10 Tips for Staying Motivated When You’re Unemployed
14 Lazy Ways You Can Hack Your Job Hunt
Use These 15 Tips to Learn How to Change Jobs Without Losing Your Social Life
7 Steps to Take Before You Change Jobs
8 Steps to Take After You Change Jobs
8 Strategies Successful People Use for Staying Focused at Work
15 Shockingly Simple Ways to Impress a Boss You Rarely See
6 Traditional Methods for Impressing Your Boss
9 Long Distance Methods for Impressing Your Boss
Conflict Hacking: 8 Steps to a Highly Successful Apology
Change Your Mind, Change Your Life: 19 Tips for Living With Intention
3 Benefits of Intentional Living
5 Basic Principles of Intentional Living
10 Tips for Being Intentional In Your Routine Activities
8 Success-Limiting Mistakes You Can Avoid
Are You Limiting Your Success by Making These 8 Mistakes?
6 Public Speaking Hacks to Build Your Confidence (And Your Career)