What Do Jada Pinkett Smith, Shaun Robinson and Meryl Streep Have in Common?
“I want to feel my life while I’m in it.” ~Meryl Streep
What do Jada Pinkett Smith, Shaun Robinson and Meryl Streep have in common (outside of being in the entertainment industry, anyway)?
Well, according to what I’ve been hearing, there’s one obvious factor: each is regularly standing up for herself and what she believes – and often, for other women.
I don’t know about you, but I call that BRAVERY. You want examples? Okay. Check these out.
- Robinson to Leave ‘Access Hollywood’ to Join Kerry Washington for Hot TV Deal To Empower Women – I love seeing a celebrity who really cares about PEOPLE, and that’s exactly what I believe Shaun Robinson is showing us all right about now. According to the Inquisitr, Robinson will leave her regular post on ‘Access Hollywood’ in order to join actress Kerry Washington in a new project that’s designed to empower women. Check it out and let me know what you think. Inquisitir.com
- Jada Pinkett Smith Talks Family Life & Female Empowerment: Women Need Courage to Step Out of the Box | E! Online – Jada Pinkett Smith may be pigeonholed into playing “strong women” on both TV and film, but she says those roles just come naturally to her. “People tell me that I always play strong women…In all honesty, that’s probably where I am restricted in my creative pursuits. I have no idea how not to be strong and I don’t know if I have the desire to,” Smith says. “I tend to gravitate towards strength energy lines.” eOnline.com
- Meryl Streep to Congress: Women Deserve Equal Rights! Resurrect the ERA of 1972 – “The Oscar-winning actress penned a personal letter calling on members of the House and Senate to resurrect the Equal Rights Amendment of 1972, amending the Constitution to include equal rights for women.” Washington Post
- Yet Another Reason to Love Meryl Streep – “The impossible just happened: Meryl Streep became even more fierce. Most people know her as one of the greatest actresses of all time (or, simply, Miranda Priestly). But many might not be aware that Streep is also a force to be reckoned with off-screen — particularly when it comes to advocating for equal rights and female empowerment. And never was that more apparent than this week. “ Bustle
STRONG WOMEN: Being Brave the Easy Way
Being brave is hard sometimes – especially when we’re venturing into an unknown territory. If you ask me, it’s all about how you look at things – but today’s post isn’t all about my opinion or experience.
What would you do if you had no fear? Imagine standing up for your convictions and taking risks to go after the things that are important to you.
There are two major schools of thought about courage. You might act boldly because you are fearless. On the other hand, you might feel anxious, but forge ahead anyway because you decide that the rewards are worth it.
Either way, courage is a skill that you can cultivate. Use this 3-step plan to conquer your doubts and face the things that scare you.
FIRST: Build up Your Faith
1. OWN IT. Value yourself. Know that you’re worthwhile. Bravery comes down to making yourself vulnerable because the rewards justify taking the risk. Ask yourself how far you’ll go to live out your dreams.
2. CALL IT. Call on your strengths. Believe in your abilities. Reflect on your past accomplishments and understand your potential.
3. CONNECTION. Connect with the divine. Reach out to something bigger than yourself. Set aside time each day for prayer and meditation. Discover what your faith tradition teaches about the nature of courage.
NEXT: Team up With Others
1. Look for partners. We’re more powerful when we act together. Surround yourself with friends and allies who share your aspirations. Put together a team that complements each other’s abilities. Be a collaborative leader who engages others and encourages innovation.
2. Select inspiring role models. It’s good to have heroes. Find a mentor who has the qualities you want to possess. It may be your college professor or a character in your favorite novel.
3. Share moral support. Sometimes the most valuable things we give each other are intangible. Empathize with your friend when she is struggling to start dating again after a divorce. Be thankful when she validates you the next time you’re steeling yourself for a sensitive conversation with your teenage son.
FINALLY: Practice Makes Perfect
1. Distinguish between feelings and actions. We usually need to act if we want our fears to dissolve. Showing yourself that you can succeed even when you feel anxious teaches you to tackle challenges. The good news is that it becomes easier each time.
2. Take small steps. Start out with something modest. Schedule that dental checkup you’ve been putting off.
3. Master your timing. Gambling wisely means recognizing the opportune moment. Determine when you have the resources to move ahead. Your small business is more likely to thrive if you write out your business plan and line up investors.
4. Manage stress. Staying fit prepares you to be more adventurous. Protect your body from the consequences of chronic stress so you have greater energy and strength.
5. Think positive. Resolve to be optimistic. Stay hopeful by focusing on what you have to gain. Picture your boss being impressed by your proposal to save money on shipping costs and shorten delivery times.
6. Hang in there. Have the courage to persevere when success fails to come instantly. Difficult tasks may require sustained time and effort.
7. Be sensible. At the same time, you want to pick your battles. Being courageous is different from being reckless. Look out for your safety and the wellbeing of those around you. Plan ahead so you’ll be ready to deal with the outcomes of your decisions. Celebrate your victories and learn from your mishaps.
Cultivate the courage to push beyond your comfort zone. It’s okay to feel a little afraid as long as you keep working towards your goals. Being brave empowers you to enjoy a richer life and accomplish more.
Forget About Regrets!
10 Regrets That Brave Women Know To Let Go Of Without Looking Back | Bustle – “We learn from our mistakes. Especially awful, cringe-worthy, I-can’t-believe-I-did-that mistakes. But we can’t move forward if we spend our lives paying penance for them, regretting things that we can’t change.” Bustle
3 Books to Help You Become a Stronger Woman
How to Be a Hot Wife: Become the Kind of Woman Every Man Wants to Marry (And Every Woman Secretly Wants to Be) (Hot Wife Guides Book 2) – Kindle edition by Angela Atkinson. Health, Fitness & Dieting Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com. – When was the last time you felt irresistibly, deliciously sexy? Do you worry that the spark is gone in your marriage? Do you fear that his eye wanders a little too often, or are you worried he might cheat on you? Do you want to cheat-proof your marriage? Do you want to be the sexiest woman in every room (at least as far as your hubby is concerned)? Good news – you’ve found exactly what you’ve been looking for, right here in this handy little guide to the beautiful life for married women. In this book, you’ll discover the closely-guarded secrets of the hottest, most amazingly sexy women in the world- the simple-to-apply principles they use in their day-to-day lives that separate you from the sexy, stylish wife you want to be. Amazon.com
Take Back Your Power: How to End People Pleasing, Stop Letting Life Happen to You and Start Getting What You Want (Project Blissful Book 3) – Kindle edition by Angela Atkinson. Health, Fitness & Dieting Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com. – Do you find yourself giving all you’ve got and people still want more? Do you sometimes do without what you want or need in order to keep the people around you happy? Are you afraid to deal with confrontation and do you often find it easier to just go with the flow in order to keep the peace? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you might be a people pleaser. Many people pleasers are also very empathic people, who are especially attractive to toxic types who love to take advantage every chance they get. In this book, you’ll learn how to stop feeling the need to make everyone else happy and start figuring out what makes you happy, personally, and really – not someone else’s idea of what’s supposed to make you happy, Listen up: you deserve to be happy just as much as anyone else. Stop beating yourself up and start embracing your personal power. Take your life back starting today! Amazon.com
The Unbreakable You: How to Stay Committed to a Long-Term Weight Loss Plan When You Have More Than 100 Pounds to Lose (Project Blissful Book 8) – Kindle edition by Angela Atkinson. Health, Fitness & Dieting Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com. – Do you have more than 100 pounds to lose? Want to do it without surgery or weird pills? Here’s what I did to make it happen without starving, sweating or surgery – and how I stuck it out to get it done. Amazon.com
Your Love is My Drug: How to Shut Down a Narcissist, Detoxify Your Relationships & Live the Awesome Life You Really Deserve, Starting Right Now – Are you tired of feeling like you’re not good enough? Do you wish that someone in your life would just put your feelings first, for once? Or maybe just to consider you at all? Tired of being told you’re the crazy one as you deal with mind games at home or work? You might just be involved with a narcissist. Learn how to redefine yourself as an individual and start on the path of rediscovering yourself and your own identity. This book doesn’t ask you to do anything you’re not ready to do, and it’s not going to tell you to end the relationship no matter what. Instead, it offers a detailed blueprint on various options you have to deal with the toxic relationships in your life and helps you to learn how to take the upper hand with narcissists and come out on top. Amazon.com