Daily Focus: Wise Words on Creating Personal Change
One of the biggest reasons I created the Project Blissful site is because I wanted to help other people have better lives.
Over the years, I’ve come to understand that all it takes to begin to effect positive change in your life is the ability to believe that you can–that you really can change your life by just changing your mind.
That’s why today, I’m sharing a few of my favorite quotes. I hope they might inspire you to create (or continue to create) the life that you truly desire.
“Begin challenging your own assumptions. Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in awhile, or the light won’t come in.” ~Alan Alda
- “The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude.” ~Oprah Winfrey
- “No one is in control of your happiness but you; therefore, you have the power to change anything about yourself or your life that you want to change.” ~Barbara de Angelis
- “If we fall, we don’t need self-recrimination or blame or anger – we need a reawakening of our intention and a willingness to re-commit, to be whole-hearted once again.” ~Sharon Salzberg
- “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” ~Barack Obama
- “What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds.” ~Wayne Dyer
- “There are no prescriptive solutions, no grand designs for grand problems. Life’s solutions lie in the minute particulars involving more and more individual people daring to create their own life and art, daring to listen to the voice within their deepest, original nature, and deeper still, the voice within the earth.” ~Stephen Nachmanovitch
Let’s discuss! Do you believe that you have the power to change your life? Please share your thoughts and feelings in the comments section, below.