The EveryDay Holiday column is all about celebrating life, every day.
Happy National Pecan Day! Enjoy my simple (but AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS) chocolate caramel pecan cookie recipe. Three ingredients – no kidding!
Note: Save the recipe to your device by right clicking on the photo and hitting “save as.”
On September 21, we are celebrating the following.
- National Pecan Cookie Day (Here’s another awesome Pecan Cookie recipe from Martha Stewart!)
- World’s Alzheimer’s Day
- International Day of Peace
Interesting Facts About Sept. 21 From the New York Times:
- 1897 – The New York Sun ran an editorial answering a question from an 8-year-old girl that included the line, “Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.”
- 1931 – Britain went off the gold standard.
- 1937 – “The Hobbit” by J.R.R. Tolkien was published.
- 1983 – Interior Secretary James G. Watt described a special advisory panel as consisting of “a black … a woman, two Jews and a cripple.” Watt later apologized and resigned.
- 1996 – The board of Virginia Military Institute voted to admit women.
- 1998 – President Bill Clinton’s videotaped grand jury testimony in the Monica Lewinsky scandal was publicly broadcast, showing him answering one question from prosecutors by saying, “It depends on what the meaning of ‘is’ is.”
- 2001 – Congress approved $15 billion to help an airline industry reeling from the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.
- 2004 – The album “American Idiot” by Green Day was released.
2008 – “Mad Men” became the first basic-cable show to win a top series Emmy award.
And according to WikiPedia, the following holidays are also observed on September 21.
- Autumnal equinox observances in the Northern hemisphere, vernal equinox observances in the Southern hemisphere (see September 22):
- Christian feast day:
- Founder’s Day (Ghana) and National Volunteer Day (Ghana)
- Independence Day (Armenia), celebrates the independence of Armenia from the Soviet Union in 1991.
- Independence Day (Belize), celebrates the independence of Belize from the United Kingdom in 1981.
- Independence Day (Malta), celebrates the independence of Malta from the United Kingdom in 1964.
- International Day of Peace (International)
Angela Atkinson is a certified trauma counselor and the author of more than 20 books on narcissism, narcissistic abuse recovery, and related topics. A recognized expert on narcissism and narcissistic personality disorder who has studied and written extensively on narcissistic personality disorder and narcissistic abuse in toxic relationships since 2006, she has a popular narcissistic abuse recovery YouTube channel. Atkinson was inspired to begin her work as a result of having survived toxic relationships of her own.
Atkinson offers trauma-informed narcissistic abuse recovery coaching and has certifications in trauma counseling, life coaching, level 2 therapeutic model, CBT coaching, integrative wellness coaching, and NLP. She is a certified trauma support coach and certified family trauma professional. She also has a professional PTSD counseling certification. Her mission is to help those who have experienced the emotional and mental devastation that comes with narcissistic abuse in these incredibly toxic relationships to (re)discover their true selves, stop the gaslighting and manipulation, and move forward into their genuine desires – into a life that is exactly what they choose for themselves.
Along with her solution-focused life coaching experience, Atkinson’s previous career in journalism and research helps her to offer both accurate and understandable information for survivors of abuse in a simple-to-understand way that helps to increase awareness in the narcissistic abuse recovery community. Atkinson founded QueenBeeing.com Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support, the SPANily Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support Groups and the Life Makeover Academy.
She offers individual and group coaching for victims and survivors of narcissistic abuse here at QueenBeeing.com and at NarcissisticAbuseRecovery.Online.