Whether they’re doing it for for spiritual and health reasons, humans have been fasting for thousands of years – and these days, a lot of people also regard it as a weight loss tool too. (more…)
“To keep the body in good health is a duty… otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.” ~Buddha
You know that your health is important, and that daily exercise can cut your risk of disease while dramatically increasing your energy. But how do you fit a workout into your busy schedule?
Are you too tired after a hard day of work to take advantage of a gym membership, or is your budget not able to accommodate the monthly charges? Thankfully, it’s possible to stay fit without missing a beat of your busy lifestyle.
What, you think I’m just some dumb blogger who doesn’t know what she’s talking about? NOPE. Not around here, y’all – this is the real deal. Here’s ME, on the left and ME on the right. Yeah. Let THAT soak in for a minute. 😉
Feeling overwhelmed with your own weight loss efforts (or lack thereof)? Don’t – because you don’t have to – I already did it for you and figured out the whole deal – so instead, check out my book Project Blissful in which I detail how I went from a very unhealthy and unhappy size 24 to a much happier and healthier size 6. – and just FYI – while the book costs less than $3, I promise there’s nothing in it that requires you to buy a bunch of stuff – but there is every single secret that I used and learned while I lost more than 100 pounds, as you can see in the photo here.
Anyway, back to the topic at hand.
Who needs expensive, cumbersome exercise equipment or the daily commute to the gym, when you can get valuable, heart-pumping exercise almost anywhere?
Try these easy tips to get and stay fit around your home or workplace:
1. Take a walk. Walking is one of the most accessible forms of exercise. You can incorporate more steps into your day by simply walking around the block during lunchtime or taking the stairs instead of the elevator. Even if you exercise regularly at a gym, walking can supplement your routine for more energy and a leaner body.
Consider purchasing a pedometer that counts your steps. Wear it all day, and write down the number of steps you’ve taken at the end of the day. Each week, set a daily goal of steps and increase that goal each week. You’ll be surprised how your mind finds ways to get more steps into your daily routine.
2. Practice breathing exercises. As often as possible, focus on your breathing.
- Learning to relax and slow down your breathing will do wonders for your physical and mental health. You’ll handle stress better and meet the challenges of your life with more effective responses when you learn to relax under pressure by focusing on your breathing.
- You can focus on your breathing anywhere. When you’re stuck at a red light, use the time to relax, instead of getting frustrated at the delay. In between activities or duties at work, take a breathing break. And, when you start to feel stressed, take just a few seconds to breathe deeply and refocus on solutions.
- Close your eyes (if you’re not driving, of course), and slowly inhale through your nose. Then exhale slowly through your mouth, pause, and repeat a few times. Place your hand on your stomach, covering your belly button. If you’re breathing correctly, your hand will slowly rise and fall.
3. Drink lots of water and eat nutritiously. Drink as much water as possible to keep your body well hydrated and functioning at peak efficiency. Think of the food you put into your body as fuel for your life, and choose to fuel your body with high-energy foods that keep you fit.
- Eat as many fresh fruits and vegetables as possible. Fill your dinner plate with vegetables and a smaller portion of meat and carbohydrates. Eat fruits for an energy-producing alternative to candy bars or other sugary snacks.
4. Exercise intentionally for at least 10 minutes per day. You can exercise anywhere, without using special equipment. Examples of exercises you can do without a gym membership or expensive equipment are push-ups, skipping rope, stretches, and crunches. In as little as 10 minutes a day, you’ll notice a huge difference in how you look and feel.
5. Get plenty of rest. The amount of rest each person needs varies. The important thing is that you make it a priority to get to bed early enough that your body gets adequate rest. If you feel groggy every morning, consider going to bed earlier or finding a way to get in a short 15 to 30 minute power nap during the afternoon.
When you put these tips into practice, starting today, you’ll experience a greater sense of vitality and self-confidence. With these simple techniques, the only thing that stands between you and the new fit you is action!
Well, it’s official! The early edition of Project Blissful, the book, is available on Amazon.com in Kindle format. It’s opening to rave reviews so far, including this one published on Amazon.com.
5.0 out of 5 stars Best REAL book on dealing with changing your mind and bodyFebruary 21, 2015 (Verified Purchase)This book is right on. As a woman who has struggled with her weight and body image my entire life–there is more real life actionable tips in this book than ever. There lots of affirmations to keep your goals in sight and to stay the course.
Why should you listen to me? What makes me qualified to write this book?
While I’m a certified life coach, I’m not a medical professional. But that’s not what makes me qualified to share this information, in my opinion. But what does is the fact that I have lost more than 100 pounds and kept if off.
Need proof? Here you go. That’s me, on the left in 2008, and sadly, I’d already lost about 15 pounds when this photo was taken. And that’s also me, on the right, on my way out for a friend’s birthday a few weeks ago.
Of course, my friends noticed. My family noticed. And everyone I knew on Facebook noticed – so you can imagine what I’m going to say next.
People have been asking me for awhile now – how’d you do it?
- Did you have surgery?
- Some crazy weight loss pills?
- How did you lose more than 100 pounds?
How I Lost More Than 100 Pounds (And How You Can Too)
I get these questions all the time, and the answer to all of them is NO! I did it all without any of that stuff – and it didn’t cost me So, now that I’ve kept the weight off for more than three years, I am ready to share my message with everyone – and it’s my greatest hope that I can help at least one person find the motivation they need to begin to turn their life around.
Project Blissful is a whole-life makeover that helps you become the best possible version of yourself. Author and certified life coach Angela Atkinson has herself lost more than 100 pounds without surgery or hard-core weight loss drugs. In this book, you’ll learn:
– How to start losing weight today (and without feeling miserable in the process)
– How to love yourself healthy and thin
– How to find your ideal weight and reach it without pain
– How to lose weight without traditional exercise
– How to baby-step your way through small habits that add up to big results
What are you waiting for? Download it today and start changing your life, right now.
Wanna know more? You will also learn about:
- How to Define Your Personal Ideal State of Body Bliss
- How to Get Your Sexy Back, Starting Today
- All of My Sneaky Skinny Secrets – How to Look Thinner Immediately, Without Actually Losing Any Weight
- How to Drop the Weight, Not Your Life – How You Can Keep Living Your Life (Or Start Living It Now) Even Before the Weight is Gone
- The Tracking Game – Exactly what I did to make the weight start coming off and to keep it in check.
- Little-Known Secrets, Tried and True Tricks & Sneaky Shortcuts for Weight Loss
- Tips on My Best Practices and Final Notes for Your Own Project Blissful
- My Long-Term, Fail-Safe, Stay-on-Plan Weight Loss Motivation Tips
- How I Developed Abs After 3 C-Sections and a 100-Pound Weight Gain
PLEASE, let me know what you think!
Because I genuinely want to be of service when I write my books, I value my readers’ opinions above all else. That is why I’m really hoping some of you will read the book and tell me your thoughts. Even more, I hope it inspires those who could use it to take their fitness to the next level.
I can’t wait to hear what you think of the book! 🙂 Don’t forget – you can get your copy right here. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem – just download the free Kindle app for your favorite device, right here.
Wanna win at weight loss? Here: 7 Tips to Increase Self-Control
Losing excess weight and keeping it off is a difficult, but necessary, task. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), over 69% of American adults are overweight. Being overweight can lead to many dangerous health conditions, such as high blood pressure, stroke, cancer, and heart disease.
Despite the risks, most of us have a hard time resisting the temptation of high calorie foods and other unhealthy lifestyle choices. The good news is that there are several ways to boost your willpower so that you can successfully lose those unwanted pounds!
Try these strategies to increase your self-control and successfully lose weight:
1. Get plenty of rest. Resisting the urge to cheat on your diet takes energy. You’re more likely to give in to temptation when you’re tired. Make preparations to get a restful night’s sleep and take frequent breaks during the day to boost your willpower.
2. Identify cravings and make healthy substitutions. Cravings can be irresistible and derail the most determined dieters. The next time you crave a specific food, satisfy the craving with a healthy substitute.
- Fresh fruit and vegetables are great alternatives when you’re craving calorie-heavy, crunchy chips.
- Try adding cinnamon to make foods taste sweeter without adding excess sugar.
- Other spices such as garlic, oregano, and basil can add flavor to foods without adding salt.
- Try broiling or pan searing some of your foods in place of frying them. You’ll still get a crunchy outer layer without the use of oil.
3. Focus on one area of improvement at a time. Our ability to exercise control is like a muscle. It can be built up, as well as exhausted.
- If you want to lose weight and quit smoking, you might deplete your reserve of will power if you try to make both of these major changes at the same time.
4. Practice moderation. You can more easily strengthen your self-control if you take a moderate approach to dieting and exercise. Achieve success at weight loss by allowing yourself little indulgences from time to time.
5. Celebrate your success. We have more willpower when we have a clear goal that we’re working towards and feel as though our effort will be recognized or rewarded.
- Divide your overall weight loss goal into several smaller chunks and celebrate as you reach each level.
- Choose a reward that isn’t tied to eating, such as buying a new outfit or going to see a new movie with a loved one.
6. Share your battle with a friend that will keep you on track. It’s easier to maintain your self-control and stay focused on achieving your weight loss goal when you have a friend to cheer you on and help you stay motivated.
7. Use affirmations and positive visualization. Regularly visualize yourself at the size you wish to be. Use self-talk and verbal statements that affirm your ability to control yourself.
Having the discipline to lose weight and keep it off can be very difficult. This is especially true since high calorie foods and other temptations are so readily available. Practicing these strategies can help you to increase your willpower and self-control so you can strengthen your health and win the battle for your waistline!
Professional teeth whitening is becoming the increasingly popular choice for anybody with stained teeth.
Yes, you can buy over the counter remedies, but if you want to guarantee whiter teeth now, then professional teeth whitening is the best option.
Professional teeth whitening does not produce different results from the ‘at-home’ products you can buy, but there are distinct advantages.
Firstly, you can be confident that you are in the hands of a professional who knows what they are doing, and secondly, the whitening effects are immediate.
It is a matter of personal choice how many visits it will take to get your teeth professionally whitened. Your teeth will show a change of color after a one-hour visit, but you may want more than this. If you wish to achieve optimal whiteness it may be necessary to attend between two and six times.
Teeth can become stained for a variety of reasons. Food and drink with strong colorings cause stains, most commonly tea and coffee. Smoking gives the teeth a yellowish appearance. Disease and medicine can also cause teeth to become stained, and our teeth naturally become darker as we age. These are all reasons that send us to get professional teeth whitening.
The first thing your dentist will establish is whether it is in your best interests to have professional teeth whitening. There may be circumstances that you haven’t considered – for example, if you have tooth colored fillings your teeth may look unnatural if you have them professionally whitened. You may discover that having a professional dental clean is all that you need. Removing the tartar and stains from your teeth can improve their appearance and color, making professional teeth whitening unnecessary.
Having established that your teeth are clean and that professional teeth whitening is the right treatment for you, the dentist will show you the different shades of whiteness that can be achieved with professional teeth whitening. The dentist will consult with you using a porcelain tab (shaped like teeth) to establish which shade of white is right for you.
The dentist will usually polish your teeth before beginning the professional teeth whitening procedure to ensure that all surface stains have gone. The dentist will then isolate the teeth that are going to be whitened with a thin sheet of latex or a special gel that provides a seal around the teeth.
The tooth whitener/bleacher is then applied and left on for the period of time necessary to achieve the previously agreed results. Depending on which technique the dentist has chosen, a laser, heat or light source may be used to help activate the bleaching agent.
Professional teeth whitening can last for a few years or as little as six months. Quite often your lifestyle determines how long your treatment will last.
However, there is no doubt that professional teeth whitening can return a person’s self-esteem. Why not pay a visit to your dentist to establish whether professional teeth whitening could be right for you?