So, my friend Sarah brought me a few products from this awesome makeup company called Younique recently, and she did so with the intention of having me both love it and talk about it to my blog readers, among others.
After having tried the products for two weeks, I’m totally hooked. I am especially fond of the “false” eyelashes (called Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes). They’re applied a lot like mascara, but really cause your eyelashes to be considerably fuller and longer. This has something to do with the second coat you apply, which is the “fiber” coat.
I also really like the primer and the mineral makeup/coverup and I’m very excited about the rosewater facial refresher stuff. The BB cream does a great job and the makeup brushes are as good as any I’ve ever used, but better shaped for certain looks, in my opinion.
Those are the only products I’ve tried so far, but Sarah has raved about the eye pigments, so I’m looking at giving those a shot as well, among other products (like the anti-aging ones, shh!).
Virtual Online Beauty Bash: Join me at my Younique Virtual Party!
So here we go–I’m having a virtual online Younique party! Here’s the coolest part–you could do this too, if you want. 🙂 It’s a great way to save big (or even earn big) on the products you will LOVE.
This party will run for 10 days, and it’s so easy to get involved! Here’s all you need to do: Click here to join the party and get started right now!
If you’d rather just have a little bit of everyting, there are a number of inclusive kits available–check them out here–or you could even become a presenter (like I did) for $99 and you’d get the following items.
Everything You Need to Get Started
- 16 Shimmer Pigment Testers
- 16 Matte Pigment Testers
- All 6 Concealer Testers
- All 5 Blusher Testers
- 3D Fiber Lashes
- Eye Brush Set
- Free business website!
- White Status Charm
- Instant Access to the Younique Virtual Party System™. Start hosting parties immediately!
- Presenter’s Guide
- $25 USD in Younique Cash on your Birthday annually!
- PayQuicker Younique bank account
- All of this comes in our signature black faux leather, embossed Younique case
Begin Your Registration
Eyes have been called the windows of the soul because of how much they communicate. Eyes give your face energy and individuality. They do not have to be a certain size or shape to be considered pretty – all eyes have their own unique beauty.
When makeup is applied to look natural it will bring out the eye’s true color and enhance the eye’s beauty. When you feel good about your makeup you will be more confident and will have one less thing to worry about.
A subtle application of eyeliner, shadows and mascara work together to create magic and make your eyes look their best. Here’s how to do it.
Up to 70% off See by Chloe for Her + additional $10 off $100 purchase of those items w/code: SeeChloe10, shop now at Modnique.com, 12/30 – 1/2
Eye shadow is meant to highlight and define the eyes. Eye shadow is used to create depth to bring out the beauty of the eyes. A dark color used on the lid will make the eye appear smaller, while a lighter color will make it appear larger. That is what eye shadow is about creating illusions.
These are the basic techniques for the following eye shapes:
- Small eyes: Don’t use too much shadow or liner – it will make you eyes look smaller. Apply a light color on eyelid, use a darker color in the crease and use a highlighter under the brow.
- Large eyes: Wear darker shadow on the lid and extend it to the crease. Use a flat color under the brow to highlight.
- Deep-set eyes: Use light colors on the eyelid and under the brow. Use a medium color in the crease. Emphasize the outer corners with shadow.
- Wide-set eyes: Use darker colors on the inner corners of the eye.
- Hooded eyes: Apply light colors on the lid. Use darker colors from the center of the eyelid to the outer corners and blend.
- Round eyes: Make round eyes longer by using color all around and extending toward the outer corners.
- Asian eyes: Apply highlighter under the brow. Use light shadow on the inner half of the lid and a darker color on the outer half.
Tips to Remember
- Light colors cause the eyes to open, dark colors will cause the eyes to recede
- If you have very light skin avoid dark shades
- Be careful with shimmer – they will bring attention to imperfections and wrinkles.
- The eye area is the first to show age; don’t tug on the skin.
Eyeliners are meant to define the eyes so they should do just that, not be the focal point of your makeup. Eyeliners come in various colors and forms liquid, pencil etc.
Keep the eyeliner natural. Pencils are available in many colors (for the best look stick to black or brown) and can be sharpened for a fine line.
For a smudged effect use a sponge tip shadow applicator or an eye shadow brush. When your pencils are too soft refrigerate them. When they are too hard soften them by holding them between your fingers.
To line the eye, start on the lower lid, just beneath the lashes.
When you are finished always smudge the line with your sponge. Stay as close to the lash line as possible.
On the upper lid, draw a line form the inner corner to the outer corner, thickening the line toward the outer corner.
After the age of 40 keep the line in between the lashes.
Mascara and the creation of beautiful lashes:
Mascara frames your eyes and can make your face come alive. Mascara softly accentuates the eye while thickening and darkening the lashes; it is the finishing touch for eyes.
There are several different types to choose from, thickening, and waterproof to smudge proof. Waterproof will need a special remover and smudge proof will wash off easily. It is not a good idea to wear waterproof mascara for extended periods of time since it has a tendency to dry the lashes.
Select a shade of mascara that complements your coloring. Dark shades on pale eyes with brown lashes will darken them and will look harsh. Stay away from blues and other colors since they will ruin your look.
Lashes that are hard to curl may need the help of an eyelash curler. Curl your lashes before you apply mascara – hold for ten to twenty seconds.
To apply mascara look straight into your mirror with your chin slightly lifted so you can see your lashes. Insert the wand only once and twist, don’t pump. Pumping can break the brush bristles and distribute the mascara unevenly and will dry out the mascara faster.
Start by rolling the wand from root to tip in an upward motion. Reinsert the brush and apply again. If your eyelashes are thick and long they may clunk together. If this happens let them dry and then separate them with the corner of an eyebrow brush.