This book is right on. As a woman who has struggled with her weight and body image my entire life–there is more real life actionable tips in this book than ever. There lots of affirmations to keep your goals in sight and to stay the course.
Why should you listen to me? What makes me qualified to write this book?
While I’m a certified life coach, I’m not a medical professional. But that’s not what makes me qualified to share this information, in my opinion. But what does is the fact that I have lost more than 100 pounds and kept if off.
Need proof? Here you go. That’s me, on the left in 2008, and sadly, I’d already lost about 15 pounds when this photo was taken. And that’s also me, on the right, on my way out for a friend’s birthday a few weeks ago.
Of course, my friends noticed. My family noticed. And everyone I knew on Facebook noticed – so you can imagine what I’m going to say next.
People have been asking me for awhile now – how’d you do it?
Did you have surgery?
Some crazy weight loss pills?
How did you lose more than 100 pounds?
How I Lost More Than 100 Pounds (And How You Can Too)
I get these questions all the time, and the answer to all of them is NO! I did it all without any of that stuff – and it didn’t cost me So, now that I’ve kept the weight off for more than three years, I am ready to share my message with everyone – and it’s my greatest hope that I can help at least one person find the motivation they need to begin to turn their life around.
That’s why I finally decided to put it all down in writing, in one place – and BlissFire Media is launching it as an e-book on Amazon.com’s Kindle to start the movement. About the Book
Project Blissful is a whole-life makeover that helps you become the best possible version of yourself. Author and certified life coach Angela Atkinson has herself lost more than 100 pounds without surgery or hard-core weight loss drugs. In this book, you’ll learn:
– How to start losing weight today (and without feeling miserable in the process)
– How to love yourself healthy and thin
– How to find your ideal weight and reach it without pain
– How to lose weight without traditional exercise
– How to baby-step your way through small habits that add up to big results
How to Define Your Personal Ideal State of Body Bliss
How to Get Your Sexy Back, Starting Today
All of My Sneaky Skinny Secrets – How to Look Thinner Immediately, Without Actually Losing Any Weight
How to Drop the Weight, Not Your Life – How You Can Keep Living Your Life (Or Start Living It Now) Even Before the Weight is Gone
The Tracking Game – Exactly what I did to make the weight start coming off and to keep it in check.
Little-Known Secrets, Tried and True Tricks & Sneaky Shortcuts for Weight Loss
Tips on My Best Practices and Final Notes for Your Own Project Blissful
My Long-Term, Fail-Safe, Stay-on-Plan Weight Loss Motivation Tips
How I Developed Abs After 3 C-Sections and a 100-Pound Weight Gain
PLEASE, let me know what you think!
Because I genuinely want to be of service when I write my books, I value my readers’ opinions above all else. That is why I’m really hoping some of you will read the book and tell me your thoughts. Even more, I hope it inspires those who could use it to take their fitness to the next level.
I thought a little advice would be useful here for those of you who aren’t quite settled on a day-to-day diet plan–for the next 8 weeks and forever.
So rather than just jumping on board the diet of my choice (or the one your BFF lost all that weight on that one time), it’s important to do your due diligence and decide which one is really right for you.
That’s why I’m asking you to take a look at these things to consider before you take the plunge into your new diet. It could make the difference between one more failed attempt and sweet success.
Above all–remember this.
Regardless of the diet you choose, the only proven way to lose weight and keep it off is by burning more calories than you consume in a single day. It really is that simple. Keep this in mind when evaluating your diet.
Diving into a diet that drastically alters your food intake will cause your weight to roller coaster up and down. This is extremely unhealthy! It can cause stress on your internal organs and upset important processes such as your metabolism and control of insulin.
Sharp changes in diet shock the system, both physically and mentally, and pose a significant challenge in maintaining your weight loss regimen.
Diet in Moderation
Prominent experts in health and wellness, including most physicians, would agree that the safest and most effective way to lose excess weight is to maintain a balanced diet, exercise on a regular basis and cut calories at a modest pace.
In order to enable your body to perform at its peak while losing weight, reduce your daily calorie intake by no more than 500 to 1000 calories. This will prevent you from entering a starvation mode that forces your weight to plateau.
The best strategy is to adjust your food in moderation, exercise regularly, and get enough sleep so that you feel well rested. This way, you’ll shed 1 to 2 pounds per week, which is considered a healthy loss of weight.
If you wish to become involved in a diet or weight loss program, it’s important to ensure that the program is the right one for you based on your current health needs. When you find one that’s right for you, you’re more likely to enjoy the success you desire.
Here are some critical considerations for any diet:
1. Personal Support. Changing your eating habits when you’re alone makes it extremely easy to backslide and walk away. Find out if the program offers online tracking, support counselors, group accountability, food journals, activity logs, and more to track your progress. With the right tools, you can be your best advocate. (Our DTB Fitness & Weight Loss Challenge is perfect for this, FYI).
What kind of support system would you like to have?
Who can help hold you accountable for your goals?
Is there any kind of group meeting or individual assistance?
2. Personal Goals. Know in advance what your goals are so you can assess the new diet in terms of what you want to accomplish.
What is the calorie requirement of the diet?
Is the calorie requirement in line with your physical limits?
Diets with an intake under 1700 calories should be scrutinized and discussed with a nutritionist at your local healthcare clinic.
3. Supplemental Medications. Educate yourself about any required medications before you take them. Have your family physician look over medications, dietary supplements and weight loss pills before taking them as they could very well cause unfavorable side effects alone or when paired with your existing prescription medications. (We like Bella Vi supplements–but they are definitely not a requirement. Learn more about Bella Vi all-natural weight loss supplements and purchase them here.)
Is there a supplement or medication involved?
What are their common side effects?
Have you discussed these medications with your physician?
4. Consider the risk factors. This runs parallel to the concern over calorie intake. Any diet that drastically alters or restricts how often or what kind of food you eat should be reviewed by your family physician.
5. Are there any testimonies? Find out if you can contact existing members. Avoid depending on online or paper reviews. Companies sometimes pay ghostwriters and affiliates to generate positive reviews of products they’ve never purchased or used. Feel free to ask in our Project Blissful group too!
6. What’s the overall cost of the service? There are often fees for tests, specialty foods, supplements, personal trainers, membership service, shipping costs, online access, and more.
7. Are the staff and management team qualified? There should never be an issue with obtaining information on the experience and certifications of the individuals who will be working directly with you. These people will be partially responsible for your health and wellness, so know all you can about them.
A new diet can be just the push you need to shed those extra pounds. Take these precautions to heart and follow these strategies to find the perfect diet for you!
What do you look for in a diet plan? Which one are you on? Share your thoughts and experiences in the comments section, below.