Are you an empath? Top 10 signs you are an empath.
What is an empath?
Empaths are people who naturally feel the emotions of other people and act in accordance with that feeling. Considered to be the more sensitive, compassionate, and caring partner in relationships, empaths are often targets for narcissists and should take steps to protect themselves and their health.
How do you know if you’re an empath?
Empaths are extremely rare, making up less than one percent of the population. So, how do you know if you are an empath or not? The best way is to test how you feel when in the presence of other people, emotionally and physically even. If you feel drained in certain situations where there are many people in your vicinity, experiencing lots of physical symptoms when stressed out or when in stressful situations, then you are most likely an empath.
What are the top empath traits?
Here are 10 traits of an empath. Do you recognize any of these in yourself? (Watch the video for expansion on each point!)
1. Empaths are highly sensitive.
2. Empaths absorb the emotions of the people around them.
3. Empaths can seem introverted at times.
4. Empaths seem to “know” things.
5. Empaths need time to be alone each day.
6. Empaths don’t always want to be joined at the hip in a relationship.
7. Energy vampires LOVE empaths.
8. Nature can make an empath feel better.
9. Empaths are sometimes seen as oversensitive to noise, smells, or too much talking.
10. Empaths sometimes give too much and end up depleting themselves.
Sound familiar? Take this empath self-assessment.
Start Getting Help with Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Today
Are you dealing with a narcissist who is playing mind games with you? Online help is readily available for survivors of narcissistic abuse. Here are some options to begin healing from narcissistic abuse right away.
- Sign up for our free email newsletter service that includes a free guided recovery experience via your inbox.
- Start your narcissistic abuse recovery here with our free narcissistic abuse recovery support system and program.
- Think you might have C-PTSD, but you’re not sure? Then, take our free C-PTSD Self-Assessment.
- Join one of our free online narcissistic abuse recovery support groups!
- Join one of our private small coaching groups!
- Get private, one-on-one narcissistic abuse recovery coaching or counseling.
- Get a therapist who will work with you online. Check out our guide to finding a therapist or psychologist who understands narcissism and narcissistic abuse.