These are a few tips to use when practicing Reiki self-healing:
1. Identify your ailment. While utilizing all the Reiki positions can be beneficial, targeting a specific area can expedite the healing process.
2. Touch your body only lightly with your fingertips or keep them hovering right above your skin. The energy flow is what is being channeled, so the actual touching of your body is unnecessary.
3. Cover your eyes by cupping your hands. This position heals sinus ailments that can be found in ear, nose, and throat, and in addition, eases stress.
4. Improve concentration by placing your palms over your temples.
5. Focus on your ears which, as with acupuncture, heal a lot of ailments. Cup your hands over your ears for this position.
6. Express yourself more clearly and ease your throat by hovering (not touch!) your hands and fingers over your throat.
7. Aid in asthma issues by placing your hands, palms facing in, over your chest. Your fingertips should be touching and your wrists should be at a ninety-degree angle to your body.
8. Control and improve digestion by placing your hands over your abdomen. This position is similar to the previous step but your hands should be about six inches further down your body.
9. Treat depression by holding your hands over your naval area. Your fingertips should be touching directly over your naval.
10. Relieve your body of sexual dysfunction, both emotional and physical, by positioning your hands over your pubic bone. Your fingertips should be pointing toward the opposite foot.
11. Treat your relationship issues by holding your hands over your lower back. The tips of your fingers should be pointed down and your wrists should be about equal to your waistline.
12. Concentrate on your feet to treat most areas of the body at the same time, as all your organs and chakras are centered in your feet. Hold one foot with both hands, one hand covering the bottom of the foot and one hand resting on top.
What is mindfulness and how can it help you as a survivor of abuse? There is a short 5 minute meditation at the end so stay tuned ! Thank you to Paul Weinfield for talking to me today and for his guided mindfuness meditation. Paul’s book, “The Magpie Art: Gathering the Brightness of Every Day” can be found at Amazon or many other retail locations online, or check your local bookstore. It is a really wonderful book with so much insight and beauty, I highly recommend it.
Thank you to Hillary Younger for the amazing image used during the meditation. Check out her work if you have not already!!
Mindfulness practice can help a lot in recovery after abuse. It can be used along with other self-care practices to create a life of balance and thriving after abuse. A special thank you to Lola Blevins, LMFT. Lola can be foundr/contacted at http://www.lolablevins.com
An extra special thank you to Hillary Younger for her amazing gift of the photo used in the meditation portion of this video. HIllary’s work can be seen here https://www.hillaryyoungerphotography…
For information about Lise Colucci and how to schedule coaching, group coaching or to call in as a survivor on a future you can find her here http://queenbeeing.com/lise/
All of the key character traits are discussed; their jealousy, their manipulation, their insecurity, their rage. This eBook looks at areas such as Gaslighting, Triangulation and Flying Monkies and gives you the tools to help you dissect and discover covert narcissism and covert narcissists.
Behind The Mask is intended to help you find answers and to help you understand this topic. The chapters are broken down into topics such as ‘How to Spot a Covert Narcissist’, ‘Coping with Narcissistic Abuse’, ‘Loving a Narcissistic’, ‘Are you a Narcissistic?’, ‘Narcissistic Rage’ and much much more.
The goal of this eBook is to inform the mainstream of this extremely damaging and toxic personality trait that leaves lives, families and people in tatters.