Mother’s day is hard when you’re dealing with a narcissist mom. Here’s a video to help you get through it.
Mother’s Day brings up a LOT of issues for adult children of narcissistic mothers. If this describes you, please take some time and watch these videos. They will both inform you and comfort you – know this: it is NOT your fault and YOU are not flawed, broken or unworthy. You ARE good enough. And at least you have your SPANily.
Last Minute Gift Ideas for Mother’s Day: Inexpensive but Thoughtful Gifts You Can Get (Without Leaving the House!)
If you’re anything like me, you like to do things at the last minute – and if you’re buying a gift for your mom this year, this may be one of those things you sorta…waited to do. That’s why I figured I’d throw together this quick list of last-minute gift ideas for Mother’s day – these are gifts you can order from home and receive in time for Sunday’s Mother’s day celebrations! Or, have them shipped if you can’t or won’t see your mother.
In no particular order, here are some of my favorites!
Sweet Gifts for Mom
- “I Love You!” – A Gift of Love and Poetry For Children – Board Book(Get it here: http://amzn.to/2qOl6XI)
- Of Love and Sea Glass: Inspirational Quotes and Treasured Gifts From the Sea
- For the Mom Who Has Everything: Help Around the House–You’ve been hearing about how “Alexa” can help around the house – and maybe you’ve already been using an Amazon Echo. Mom could use one too – even if she’s not tech savvy, a few minutes of instruction will give her a whole new world she can tap into with just her voice! Give her the Amazon Echo – Black (or Amazon Echo – White )! For a less expensive option, try Amazon Echo – White.
- Stress Relief! FabQuality Cube 12 Sides Anxiety Attention Toy With Minion Key Chain Gift + eBook Included – Relieves Stress And Anxiety And Relax for Children and Adults BONUS EBOOK is sent by email
- New Version 2017 – Anti Stress Cube Fidget Toys for Adults / Stress and Anxiety Relief Reducer Toys to Focus/ Attention Relieves Stress Toy for Gifts, ADHD, Kids, Children, Autism
- Magnetic Sculpture Desk Toy for Intelligence Development and Stress Relief, Stress Reducer Great for Relieves ADHD Anxiety,Gift for Children and Christmas (Jumping Dolphins)
- TheraFlow Dual Foot Massager Roller (Large) – Relieve Plantar Fasciitis, Heel & Foot Arch Pain – Stress Relief – Detailed Instructions Included – Acupressure/ Reflexology Tool – Perfect Gift
The Gift That Keeps on Giving!
Why not get mom something that will keep giving to her all year long? Try the Find Subscription Boxes Subscription Box App – or just get one of these awesome subscription box services for her!
Does your mom love:
- Something sweet each month? Try the Bocandy – International Candy and Snack Box
- A little romance in her life? Try the Date Night Box: This Creative Date Night for Couples is Ready to Open and Enjoy! Adorable “TO GO” theme is a Date Night to Remember.
- Getting closer to her partner? Maybe you’d rather get her the Date Night Box- Our “Tango Together” is all about communicating in a fun way with your partner. This creative date night for couples is ready to open and enjoy any time of year.
- Hanging out doing crafty stuff with the kids? Get her Green Kid Crafts, Robot Workshop Discovery Box (Bonus points if she’s a “crunchy mom!”) If her kids are younger (or she’s got some awesome preschool grandkids), maybe she’d prefer the Preschooler Educational Activity Kit (Month Of May) Improves Brain Development , Mother’s Day, Dinosaurs, Colors, Flowers & Bugs instead?
- To be an entrepreneur? Then she’d love the Beginner’s Guide To Starting & Growing A Subscription Box Business: Unbox Your Success Today!! This will teach her how to start her own subscription box business and will make her plenty of money – so hey, that’s a gift that will keep on giving!
- Drinking coffee? Then she will most definitely appreciate K-cup Coffee of the Month Club, Pure Kona and Kona Hawaiian K-cups Shipped Monthly for Six Months, Gift for Christmas, Mothers Day, Fathers Day, Birthdays, Corporate Gifts and All Occasions! Of course, if KCups aren’t her thing (they aren’t mine!) try the Bean Box Gourmet Coffee Sampler – 3-Month Gift Subscription – (fresh roasted coffee gift box, specialty whole bean, 4 roasts every month) instead! Of course, if she’s a coffee purist who prefers to grind her own beans (like me!) – here’s your best bet: Bean Box Whole Bean Coffee with Personalized Note, All Roasted, 6 Month Subscription If mom would rather not make her own coffee (or if she’s on a budget and needs a little luxury in her life) – get her a Starbucks Gift Card for $25.
- Feeling beautiful? Try the Leny Box May Subscription Box!
- Fresh flowers? Get her the Flowers of the Month Subscription -3 Months – after all, why just give one bouquet when you can give three!
Still not sure? Why not just get her a good old Amazon eGift Card? That’ll ensure that she can get whatever she wants or needs! If she loves it, you can always get her a Amazon.com Gift Card Balance Reload next year. Feel too impersonal? Get her the Amazon.com Gift Card in a Floral Box for Mother’s Day (Classic White Card Design)
If she isn’t sure what to get with her gift card, maybe she wants to try some of these before she buys. So remind her she can also:
- Try Amazon Music Unlimited 30-Day Free Trial – Music is excellent for changing your vibes when you’re feeling down and need a quick pick-me-up – or when you’re dealing with social anxiety that makes you feel crippled. Music has also been proven to be effective in assisting us with depression and anxiety.
- Join Amazon Kindle Unlimited 30-Day Free Trial – (AND – Here’s a way you can read my books for FREE! Sign up for this free Kindle trial and download all of my books in ebook form. Find my books at http://booksangiewrote.com. And don’t worry – anyone can get the Kindle app free on any device! Amazon.com – Read eBooks using the FREE Kindle Reading App on Most Devices)
- Try Audible and Get Two Free Audiobooks – for those who prefer to listen to their books, here’s a free Amazon audible trial! Try it out and see what you think.
Your turn: What are you getting YOUR mom for mother’s day? Tell me in the comments!
There are hundreds brands of perfume and thousands of scents available in the market nowadays. If you never bought any perfume before and not sure which perfume will be right for you or your friend, you should check out the Perfume Review website online like http://boisdejasmin.typepad.com/ or ask your friend to see which perfume is popular that most people use it. After that, you can go out to department store to try it on your skin.
More on Buying Perfume
Howe had written The Battle Hymn of the Republic 12 years earlier, but she became so distressed by the events of the Civil War that she asked mothers everywhere to come together in protest of what she called the futility of sons killing the sons of other mothers.
When you read the words she wrote more than 140 years ago, in a time when women’s rights were barely a concept in this country, you might agree that Ms. Howe was ahead of her time.
Howe created the following call to action, asking for an international Mother’s Day devoted to the celebration of harmony among people, and of course, motherhood.
Arise, then, women of this day!
Arise all women who have hearts,
Whether your baptism be that of water or of tears
“We will not have great questions decided by irrelevant agencies,
Our husbands shall not come to us reeking of carnage,
For caresses and applause.
Our sons shall not be taken from us to unlearn
All that we have been able to teach them of
charity, mercy and patience.
“We women of one country
Will be too tender of those of another country
To allow our sons to be trained to injure theirs.”
From the bosom of the devastated earth a voice goes up with
Our own. It says, “Disarm, Disarm!”
The sword of murder is not the balance of justice!
Blood does not wipe out dishonor
Nor violence indicate possession.
As men have of ten forsaken the plow and the anvil at the summons of war.
Let women now leave all that may be left of home
For a great and earnest day of counsel.
Let them meet first, as women, to bewail and commemorate the dead.
Let them then solemnly take counsel with each other as to the means
Whereby the great human family can live in peace,
Each bearing after his own time the sacred impress, not of Caesar,
But of God.
In the name of womanhood and humanity, I earnestly ask
That a general congress of women without limit of nationality
May be appointed and held at some place deemed most convenient
And at the earliest period consistent with its objects
To promote the alliance of the different nationalities,
The amicable settlement of international questions.
The great and general interests of peace.