What does success mean to you?
You might define it as having a stable job in a large company where there’s opportunity for growth, or owning a home. Or maybe your vision of success includes owning your own business or backpacking through Europe every five years. Your personal success goals most likely also include spiritual, relationship, and other life aspirations.
Whatever your perspective may be, one of your primary tasks in life is to cultivate your own good fortune. What will you do to welcome success into your life?
Try these ideas for cultivating the success you seek:
1. Tell yourself you’re worthy of success. What you say to yourself every day contributes greatly to the type of life you live. So, say to yourself that you’re worth whatever it takes to be successful. You know you deserve it.
2. Be very certain about what you want. When you’re confident about exactly what you seek in life, you’re better able to stay focused and keep your eyes on the prize.
3. Visualize your goals. Imagine what success will feel like – but bring it into your present, like you’ve already attained what you want. Picture in your mind having achieved your goals and the emotions that go along with your victories. While you’re working to achieve success, consider how your life will look at each step of your journey.
For example, you might live in your apartment two more years before you begin shopping for your own home. Your new place will have an extra bedroom you use as your office. When you have your own office at home, you’ll be able to expand your business, which will make you more money and lead to greater financial security.
4. Prioritize your goals for success. Make your objectives an important part of your life. Think about your goals each day. Talk about your intentions with your friends and family. When you do, the plans you make will become real, tangible, and believable.
5. Do at least one thing per day related to your goals. Incorporate working toward your goals into your daily life. Whether you make a phone call or research something on the internet, contribute to your goals each day by doing something. You’ll feel more actively engaged with your own path to success.
6. Hang out with successful people. Soak up all the knowledge you can from those who live the life you dream about. Watch what they’re doing and then learn from it. Can you apply those same things to your own life? Find inspiration when you hang out with people you deem successful.
7. Think of yourself as already successful. Point out to yourself daily what you’ve done recently to achieve a goal. View yourself as a person who’s already achieved success in his own right and in his own ways. Believe that you’re successful.
8. Shift gears when you need to. In your life journey, you’ll naturally change your goals a bit or add new goals. Cultivating success means you’ll sometimes need to change your course of action or begin making different decisions that are in alignment with your new goals.
There are plenty of methods for cultivating success. When you engage in these strategies, you can achieve your goals. You can begin creating your desired life today!
How will you cultivate success in your life today? Share your thoughts, experiences and ideas in the comments section below.
Angela Atkinson is a certified trauma counselor and the author of more than 20 books on narcissism, narcissistic abuse recovery, and related topics. A recognized expert on narcissism and narcissistic personality disorder who has studied and written extensively on narcissistic personality disorder and narcissistic abuse in toxic relationships since 2006, she has a popular narcissistic abuse recovery YouTube channel. Atkinson was inspired to begin her work as a result of having survived toxic relationships of her own.
Atkinson offers trauma-informed narcissistic abuse recovery coaching and has certifications in trauma counseling, life coaching, level 2 therapeutic model, CBT coaching, integrative wellness coaching, and NLP. She is a certified trauma support coach and certified family trauma professional. She also has a professional PTSD counseling certification. Her mission is to help those who have experienced the emotional and mental devastation that comes with narcissistic abuse in these incredibly toxic relationships to (re)discover their true selves, stop the gaslighting and manipulation, and move forward into their genuine desires – into a life that is exactly what they choose for themselves.
Along with her solution-focused life coaching experience, Atkinson’s previous career in journalism and research helps her to offer both accurate and understandable information for survivors of abuse in a simple-to-understand way that helps to increase awareness in the narcissistic abuse recovery community. Atkinson founded QueenBeeing.com Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support, the SPANily Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support Groups and the Life Makeover Academy.
She offers individual and group coaching for victims and survivors of narcissistic abuse here at QueenBeeing.com and at NarcissisticAbuseRecovery.Online.