I dress appropriately for my age. I love my kids and would never strap them to the bottom of a cart. I would never have poop stains let alone leave the house with them. I have self decency.
It seemed that the people who went to Wal-Mart did NOT!
I was wrong. I will be the first to admit it. I went to Wal-Mart last year. I learned so much about people and myself during this time.
1. Not everyone who goes to Wal-Mart is homeless – The people who shop at Wal-Mart are not homeless nor do they lack common sense. Some dress like they have no place to live but those people are the ones who don’t care what others think about them. I want to be more like that. I want to be able to walk out of the house in the middle of the night in my pjs to get meds for my kid without feeling judged too. (however, I will never leave the house without makeup) That must feel liberating! I am too judgmental of myself.
2. You look better than 99.99999999% of everyone there – Let’s face it. Wal-Mart is known for it’s crazy looking people. Need an esteem boost? How about a little pick me up? Go to Wal-Mart! I don’t even have to walk all the way inside sometimes. Just walking up to the door is enough for me.
3. You DO NOT have to wear spandex to shop at Wal-Mart – From photos on the web I was for certain that you had to wear spandex to shop at Wal-Mart. Preferably nude, two sizes too small spandex. I have since learned that you do not.
4. Their prices are great – We all know that some stuff at stores is priced higher. I’m not saying that Wal-Mart doesn’t do that too. However, I am saying that when I shop at a regular store versus Wal-Mart I do end up spending less. (What’s a “regular” store? Anything that is not Wal-Mart I consider a regular store.)
5. It’s an everything store – Groceries and clothes and electronics and paint and car repair and pet store and automotive store and why wouldn’t you shop here store? I was naive. I can now go to Wal-Mart and have my tires rotated, get a new car key made, while waiting on my living room paint to be mixed, grab the kid’s soccer shorts he needs for school, the daughter’s jewelry was fixed and is ready to be picked up at the jewelry counter, and I can get dinner for tonight even hot food all at one place. That’s a win, win, win!
I do not see people taking photos ever. I was always worried I’d be in the background of a Wal-Mart person’s photo shoot.
I have never witnessed someone posing in the dairy section for their senior photos.
I haven’t seen people having sex on the futons either. (bummer?) I do see strange people but that’s part of the fun.
I had totally the wrong idea of what this store was. Wal-Mart is just a regular store with a little something extra…everything!
I’m waiting for a nail salon and photo studio to come to our local store. Then my life will be complete.
I often see men running around trying to please their wives or girlfriends to no avail. They love us women. They want nothing more than for us to be happy. Well, most men feel that way if they are in a healthy committed relationship. However, I often see men struggling to understand the woman they’re with. Here are five things you can do to win and keep your woman’s heart forever.
1. Honesty – This is simple, don’t lie. Just don’t. A woman is looking to find a mate who can also be a best friend. Someone she can be completely honest with. If you are not honest with her your relationship can suffer. This includes financial, medical, and emotional needs as well. If she asks you if her sweatpants look good on her and you hate sweatpants then honesty is the best policy.
2. Communicate – Take time out of each day to talk. Having a hard time knowing where to start? Try telling her about your day. Everything that happened. This is going to allow her to get to know you better as well as help you open up communication wise. If you already have a regular routine where you share your thoughts and feelings and something big happens it won’t be so hard to talk to her about it. Communication in every relationship is key.
3. Touch Her – Touch her all the time, and not just when you want to have sex. Touch her in the car. Touch her under the table at dinner. Touch her when you’re in bed together. Touch her in public. Touch her in front of the kids. Touch her in front of your friends. Show her there is a difference between wanting sex and showing her affection.
4. Acceptance – She is going to gain 5 pounds (or more) at some point in your relationship.
She most likely will never look like a Victoria Secret model.
She will get stretch marks during pregnancy. She is going to fall apart at the worst moments. She is going to be needy when you don’t have time to give her.
The key to all of this is acceptance. If you love her, truly love her, then none of these things will matter. You will accept her while finding the time to give her.
5. Trust – You must trust her. She must trust you. Without trust there is no foundation to your relationship. Trust with a woman is like building a house.
Each brick is a chance to build your house as strong as possible. If you break her trust then you have a missing brick and a hole in the side of your house.
Enough holes and the house isn’t sturdy. Make sure to only add bricks to your house and not take them away. This will make your relationship strong.
“The Law of Attraction exists and is working, whether you like it or not. If you end up using it for your benefit or to your detriment, it is still be working in the background of our lives.” ~Amy B. Scher
Oh boy. I love when the Universe smacks me in the face with a little reminder to stay focused on what I want and not what I don’t! Today, I figure I can offer a little real-life proof of the law of attraction for those who are skeptical about it. Or, if nothing else, maybe you could use a laugh, or a reminder.
Either way, I hope you’re sitting down–and trust me, you’re going to want to read this post.
Because this time?
The Universe actually BIT me for being a bitch. No kidding.
Now, don’t get me wrong. In general, I feel pretty awesome about my life. I am seriously blessed, for real.
This is thanks (in part) to a personal effort to avoid saying, feeling or thinking negative things as often as possible, as well as to focus only on what I want in my life (and not what I don’t).
I know for sure that every success I’ve reported has been directly related to the power of intentional thought and my ability to focus on what is desired instead of what is not.
So yeah, I am USUALLY pretty good about keeping myself in the right kind of vibrational field, so to speak – or at least, getting myself back on track pretty quickly and without incident when I do allow something to temporarily affect my peaceful, happy and productive state.
And, based on my experiences before and after these thought-monitoring and maintenance practices, they work. Which means, of course, that the law of attraction has proven legitimate – at least for me.
Want a funny (and kind of horribly painful) example of the law of attraction in action that just happened to me yesterday?
Bitten Back By Bitchiness: My Scary Story
It all started when I became fed up with a certain “Poor Me” type-person I know who was posting all kinds of victim-mentality-type status updates on Facebook. I had heard enough of it, and I had very compassionately attempted to help the person overcome this self-injuring attitude on more than one occasion already. I had already seen repeated proof of the fact that this person’s attitude was affecting life for him, and at that point, I was just…done. Exhausted.
Tired of trying to make him understand.
And then, the bitch came out – that part of me that I don’t even usually realize exists.
That’s when, in an admittedly passive-aggressive, inappropriately bitchy mood after the latest assault on my senses, I posted this status:
“Holy crap I am biting my tongue so hard I think it’s bleeding.”
Obviously I meant that I was figuratively biting my tongue as in not saying what I felt like saying.
Clearly, it was a tongue-in-cheek statement (pun totally intended, obvs). And yet, the Universe, the law of attraction? It’s all neutral. There is no sarcasm or figurative. Especially when you’re a very annoyed but sometimes overly polite person who can’t always bring herself to break a person’s heart by saying the things they really need to hear (because, honestly, it’s not your problem, and you’re not trying to bring all that drama into your life…but anyhoo).
Yeah. So I threw a little snippy out into the Universe. And then, it threw a little right back at me.
The Universe is probably laughing a little right now, thinking I deserved what I got. And yeah, it’s probably right. Which is why I’m here, writing this post for you, my friend. I am here to tell you to take this stuff seriously. If you don’t, you might find yourself getting bitten back.
Are you ready for this?
I’m pretty sure the Universe was all, “Listen, you’re doing so great. Stop being a bitch and get back on track toward what you really want.”
Aaaannnd, it’s pretty clear that I was all, “La, la, la…I can’t hear youuuuu!”
Because, there I was, sleeping soundly and having some awesome kind of dream (probably, I don’t actually know if I was dreaming, because of some kind of post-traumatic amnesia due to what I’m about to tell you next).
That’s when the universe showed me that this law of attraction thing sometimes works quite literally, because I quite literally bit my tongue so hard in my sleep that the searing pain ripped me from my sweet sleep with a screaming shock.
And guess what, friend? My freaking tongue was also quite literally bleeding.
So, hours after posting the bitchy and unnecessarily passive-aggressive Facebook status, I literally “bit my tongue so hard it was bleeding.” Yeah, that’s right. It can work that fast.
How’s that for proof?
Now, think about this. Take this whole deal and look at it from the other side. If I had changed my mind and focused on something awesome instead of throwing out a little bitchy into the Universe (or even just stopped propagating the bitch-factor by sending that energy out there!), maybe I’d have slept through the night bite-free, at the very least.
Or, I don’t know. Maybe something even better could’ve happened. But I’m not going to dwell on that, and do you know why? Because, as I’ve just been painfully reminded, the law of attraction works and my thoughts really do create my reality. And here’s what I’m thinking now: I just wrote a post that might change someone’s life. And maybe that’ll change my life too. Do you think?
Let’s all think happy thoughts, because happy thoughts work. For real.
In any case, this experience (along with all of the other experiences and understandings leading up to this point) prove to me one of the things that has become a true core value for me:
You get to define your life, your Self and the world you choose to accept. It starts with your own perception. Or, to put it simply – if you want to create positive change in your life, you’ve got to start by changing your mind. Change your mind to change your life.
Well, big shocker. The guy who allegedly appears in Iggy Azalea’s alleged sex tape claims it’s real, and that it was “legit,” that she was old enough to legally make said tape.
From story-breaker TMZ:
“Iggy’s camp says she never consented to the video being shot and she might have been under 18 at the time.But Hefe says he didn’t even meet Iggy until her 18th birthday. He adds, Iggy is “100% fully aware” of the fact they shot the sex tape.He denies sending the sex clip to Vivid, saying his computer was stolen a couple months ago — but also makes it clear he’s interested in cutting a deal for the video to be released. He shouldn’t hold his breath — Iggy would have to sign off too, and that seems very unlikely right now. The rapper claims he’s still tight with Iggy — and to prove it … he says he’s about to put out a new single featuring her.Hefe called into TMZ Live to talk about how much cash it would take for him to sign off on the tape.”
Houston rapper Hefe Wine is confirming he’s the one in the video being shopped to Vivid Entertainment honcho Steven Hirsch. TMZ broke the story …
“Always forgive your enemies – nothing annoys them so much.” ~Oscar Wilde
When was the last time someone really pissed you off, hurt your feelings or shocked you (in a negative way) with their behavior?
People can be cruel–let’s face it, some of them are downright assholes who bring a serious element of toxicity into your life. They say and do the meanest, most damaging things. I have been personally shocked on more than one occasion at the blatant rudeness of some people.
(This is especially the case when we’re talking about narcissists!)
When it happens to you…
Having been a victim of unkind treatment, you’re probably reeling with anger. You feel like forgiveness is the least suitable response you can give.
Surprisingly, however, forgiveness is the quickest and most lasting way to get over the anger and hurt! But how can you just forgive someone who has hurt you so?
Achieve true forgiveness and gain peace with these approaches:
Confront the issue. It’s very easy to want to block negative situations out of your consciousness, but that approach may be causing more anger than you know!
Take a hard look at the issue. Say aloud, “This happened to me.” Doing that may cause some of the feelings to resurface. But when you’re done crying, you’ll likely be free from tears going forward.
What happened was a thing of the past. It happened, and you’re still here to tell the tale. Is it really worth affecting your peace of mind? It’s probably time to move on with your life!
Consider your involvement. Perhaps you didn’t consciously trigger a reaction from the other person. But there could very well be something that affected them. They just chose to address it in an unhealthy and unhelpful way!
It’s really not about playing the blame game. One human being has no right to offend or hurt another. If you were offended, take a look in the mirror before deciding how to deal with it. You’ll likely recall scenarios where you may have wronged someone as well!
Wear the offender’s shoes. Consider how it must feel for the person who now realizes that they hurt you considerably. After the initial emotion passes, they start to feel regret for their actions.
It’s always a good idea to try and switch roles. See it from their viewpoint. If you’re yearning for someone’s forgiveness, you’ll likely rejoice when you finally get it.
Consider the impact of anger on your life. When you hold on to the anger and resentment, it starts to eat away at you. Whether or not you know it, your happiness ends up being a fraction of what it could be. Anger negatively affects your quality of life!
Do you find yourself being short-tempered with loved ones and friends? You may feel your reaction is justified. But if you think about it, you might see that you overreacted.
Take some time to consider why you’re so angry or maybe sad. Grudges almost always bring and sustain negative emotions that can affect you long-term.
Once you try these approaches, you’ll experience the benefits of forgiving those who offended you. You’ll see how useless it is to allow the negative emotions of holding on to your hurts to drag down your quality of life. In fact, you’ll likely want to go back and forgive everyone who has ever hurt you!
Learn to freely forgive others and give your mind the rest it deserves for a peaceful, truly happy life.