Feng Shui for Passion: Use the Fire Element to Improve Your Life
“Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.” ~Oprah Winfrey
How can you use feng shui for passion? Passion is so important in our lives–many people don’t even realize how important it is. Without it, there would literally be no human race, at least not the one we know today. We would have no desire to reproduce, right? But passion also counts when it comes to creating the lives we want in general. Passion is what causes us to move forward on that new project that becomes THE project. It’s the driving force behind our hobbies, our love lives, our families, our friends and even behind our whole selves.
As we continue our series on feng shui, we’re talking about the fire element, what it represents, how to represent it in your home and why you should. If you’re looking for ways to increase the passion, love and action in your own life, you can start with feng shui.
Using Feng Shui for Passion and Action
Feng Shui is an art as much as it is a practice. It’s the concept of bringing nature and natural patterns and surroundings into our homes and everyday lives. The idea is that by doing this, you can bring harmony and peaceful alignment to your personal space and ultimately, the world.
Feng Shui brings together the five elements, including fire, earth, air water and metal. The underlying concept is that the qi, or life force, must be able to move freely in a room.
Practitioners often start by bringing in certain types of furniture and various types of décor and lighting that represent these elements.
Correspondences in Feng Shui for Passion, Love and Action
In general, the fire element includes the following correspondences.
- Emotion: Happiness
- Planet: Mars
- Chinese Astrology Compatibility: Serpent, Horse, Sheep
- Direction: South
- Season: Summer—think hot
- Shape: Triangle
- Room: Living Room
- Symbol: Red Phoenix
Color and balance are also very important in feng shui.
- Feng Shui Fire Element Colors: Color is probably the simplest way to bring the fire element into your home. Colors such as red, bright yellow, orange, purple and pink represent the element ideally.
- When the Fire Element is Balanced: The fire element, on the positive side, can fuel enthusiasm, help leaders be more effective, encourage expressiveness and inspiration and help people be bolder. It can ignite passion and excitement in your relationships. It spurs action.
- Too Much or Too Little Fire Element: When the fire element is overstated in a home, people often display anger or aggression, or they may become irritable or impulsive. But if there’s not enough fire, residents might be emotionally cold and have a problem with low self-esteem—or they could just experience a lack of vision and be generally apathetic.
Practical Feng Shui for Passion: Bringing the Fire Element Into Your Home
You can represent the fire element in your home in a number of ways. In addition to incorporating the colors listed above into your plan, some specific ideas include the following.
- Fireplaces (wall hung gas fires are a great substitution if you can’t afford a traditional fireplace installation)
- Art with fire images and/or colors
- Gas fire baskets
- Lighting fixtures incorporating the fire colors
- Vases, throw pillows and other “pops” of color in the fire colors
- Electronic equipment
- Animal prints
- Sunlight (open the windows!)
Personally, I’ve got red throw pillows, a ton of candles and red incorporated into my artwork in the living room. I am still working on that fireplace. 🙂
What are your favorite ways to incorporate the fire element into your home or office décor? Share your thoughts in the comments section, below.